Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Zach

She was the most amazing thing that I could ever have. I felt as if I was on top of the world with her in my arms. There wasn't anything better than seeing her smile or hearing her laugh. I was in heaven. I stroked her hair lightly as we laid in bed. She smiled slightly in her sleep and I grinned. I stretched my limbs lightly, feeling a slight ache to muscles that I hadn't used for days. I had been ignoring the changes when I knew that it would catch up to me sooner or later.

I stared across the room, thinking about what we had talked about. She wanted a family. She wanted to have kids with me. Wow. I had wanted kids when we first started dating, but I wasn't sure what she wanted. Now, I knew. I relaxed more realizing that we were meant to be together even if we were two different species. Oh crap. I had forgotten that she was a vampire/shapeshifter and I was a werewolf. Our kids are going to be very screwed up. This will be an interesting voyage for our life. Our weddin gwas in ten hours. We needed to get up and start getting ready. But, I didn't want to wake her. She looked so peaceful.

I leaned down and hovered above her. "Zea...it's time to wake up. Today is our wedding. You need to get up now and start getitng ready." She stirred lightly and slowly opened her eyes. "Our wedding is tonight?" I nodded and she smiled. "Don't worry. I had my sisters come down and they are waiting to help you get ready." She frowned a little. "I thought your family didn't want anything to do with you?" I smiled. "People change, sweetheart. They have missed me enough to forgive what I am.

They want to help us. So be nice, and just enjoy the day. I will see you lter at teh altar. I have several things to do on my list for tonight. Okay?" She smiled and kissed me lightly and I left the room. I had way too much to do before ten tonight. I better get started.