Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Mackenzea

I smiled as his snores echoed through my eardrum. He was so adorable when he slept like that. I kissed his forehead lightly and he grinned slightly. I was so glad that he had chosen to marry me. And not someone else. He was perfect for me. We were like identical copies of each other. He was my mate now and forever. I could never leave him, even if he was brutal and uncaring. I just couldn't make myself do it. I looked at him again and he was staring up at me. "What are you doing awake, darling? You should be resting. We have a lot of fun things to do later. You need sleep."

I nodded and sighed softly, closing my eyes and drifting to sleep. I knew that he had a lot planned for me. I just didn't know what. He wouldn't tell me anything. I wish he had though. It would make it a lot less of a mystery. And I would now whether or not to be afraid. The dreams didn't show up at all, I slept through the night peacefully. When I woke up, Zach was gone. It was pitch black outside and there was movement coming from the other room. It sent chills down my spine and the hair was standing up on the back of my neck. Something wasn't right. Someone was in the house. But, who was it and why? I grabbed my robe and put it on, tying the straps quickly.

I opened the door and peeked into the hallway carefully. There wasn't anyone there. I sighed and headed into the kitchen. Marcus was digging in one of the kitchen drawers, looking for something. I coughed slightly and he stood up straight and looked around. He finally spotted me and tried to look innocent. "What are you doing?"He grinned. "Looking for something."I rolled my eyes. "I know that, but why are you in my house." He laughed lightly. "I left something here and now I can't find it. Where is it?" I narrowed my eyes at him. "No, now leave!" He sighed and lunged at me, but I moved too quickly for him. He stumbled into the table, cracking his head against the edge. I dragged him outside and locked all the doors at once. He was never getting back in, if I had anything to do with it.