Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Mackenzea

I woke up from a sound sleep because someone was pounding on the front door. I sighed and looked for Zach, but he was gone. Where could he be? I exhaled slowly, and got out of bed, wrapping my robe around me, tying it shut. I walked towards the door, wishing that Zach was here. I peeked outside and saw Alex. He looked really impatient. I opened it slowly and peered at him. "What? Why did you wake me up?" He sighed and ran a disgruntled hand through his hair. "I didn't mean to. I would have thought that you would've been up by now. I'm sorry. Look, I need to talk to you. There's something you need to know."

I opened the door more, allowing him to come inside. I closed the door and headed to the kitchen to make some coffee. As I was making the coffee, Alex seemed to be at loss for words. I poured him a cup and handed it to him, while I made myself some tea. I was never one to drink coffee. The maker was purely for company and Zach. "You don't by chance know where Zach is?" He sighed and drank some of the coffee. "That's what I needed to talk to you about. He left on some mission this morning but he said he wouldn't be back for a few weeks. I was told to keep an eye out for you. Since Marcus hasn't been very kind enough to leave you alone."I nodded and sipped my tea, realizing that I would be alone for the next week.

"Well, thanks. I appreciate you telling me. I know that you were doing what he asked. But, today I was going into town to shop." He nodded and finished off his coffee in two gulps. "I'm not one for shopping, but I'm sure that Isadora wouldn't mind going with you. She hasn't been shopping in ages." I nodded , remembering that she was one of Zach's four sisters. They hadn't left since the wedding. I guess they really missed him. I called up Dora and she agreed to go which made the bodyguard situation much less annoying. Especially since it was his sister, not my own brother going with me. I sighed and we headed off, things were not going to get much easier.