Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Zach

I missed her so much. I wished that I had brought her with me. It would have been much safer. I just hoped that Marcus would leave her alone. I sighed softlly and tried to relax. Alex would take care of her. I kept wandering through the woods, trying to find some food. Our supply was running low at the house, so I decided to go hunting. The trip was very boring without her. I wanted to go home so badly that it almost killed me. I hunted for several hours finding nothing.

I exhaled loudly and was still looking for some sort of dinner. I knew that it was hopeless, but I had to try. I pulled out my phone and stared at the picture I had set as my background. A few tears fell down my face slowly. I needed to go home.I started walking in the general direction of home when some movement caught my eye. Finally, we have some food to last us for a while. I tracked the beast for five miles, before I was close enough to attack.I pounced on top of the bear and stabbed its heart with one of my sharp claws.

I dragged the carcass back to my campsite and began to chop it into smaller chunks to take home. I wrapped each piece carefully in leaves and packed them away in my backpack.
I cleaned up my campsite and hurried on my way home. I couldn't wait to see her beautiful face. But, when I arrived home, she wasn't there. I sighed and carried my heavy napsack inside the kitchen. I opened the freezer slowly and began to put away all the venison that I had caught. While I was stocking the fridge, Alex stopped to talk.

"Hey, How was your trip?" I closed the door and put away my camping gear. "It was rough. I couldn't find food at first. But, then I found this bear and attacked it. So, we have food for about a month." Alex nodded. "So, where is Zea? She wasn't here when I got home." Alex smiled. "She is out shopping with Dora. They will be back soon, don't worry." I nodded and as soon as he left, I headed to the bathroom for a long hot shower. When I got out, she had walked in the door. I was so happy to see her that I almost sprinted into her arms.