Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Mackenzea

I opened my eyes slowly and glanced around the room. I wasn't in my house like i normally was after a hunt. So, where was I? The room was completely different than what I had seen before. It was like some old man lived there. What had happened to me? All I remember was fighting what was supposed to be my dinner, and then I blacked out. "Hello?" My voice sounded soft and vulnerable. I hated the way it squeaked and was quiet as I tried to figure out if I was safe. Zach walked around the corner covered from head to toe in what looked like blood. "Good Morning. How are you feeling?" I narrowed my eyes, blocking all the light that was flooding inside the room. "Where am I?" He chuckled softly.

"I brought you to my house. I thought it was a lot safer than where you had passed out." I tried to sit up, but pain shot from every corner of my body. "Take it easy, You have quite a few bruises and lacerations. I patched you up to the best of my ability. You will need to rest from now on, at least until you heal completely." I stared at him with wonder. I had only seen him at the dead of night. But, not once had I noticed the glimmer of gold that was shinning through his eyes. He smiled at me, his features lighting all the way up. "Are you okay?Does anything hurt?" I sighed softly and stretched my sore limbs.

"I am okay. Nothing really hurts. It's just soreness. So, you live here?It doesn't look like anyone has cleaned this place for thousands of years." He laughed loudly. "I know. I like it the way it is. If I were to change anything, I would be lost." I nodded, feeling a pounding begin at my temple. He helped me stand up and guided me around the house. "You are welcome to stay here until you feel well enough to go home." I wasn't sure what to say to that. I wanted to stay all the time. Everything about him lured me into his arms. Whether I wanted to be there or not. He was very attracting to me, and I knew that there was something completely special about him.