Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Zach

I smiled and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. It was extremely soft. I had the sudden urge to run my hands through it. "I really appreciate that you allowed me to stay here. I owe you one." She smiled at me and I felt my insides melt a little. "It's really no problem. I just wanted to help." She touched my arm lightly, making the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I knew that I was going to have to tell her how I felt. My heart rate began to stutter as she stared at me. "What's wrong, Zach?" I could not speak as I was lost in her eyes. "I-I-I...like you a lot." I had just told her my feelings and a sudden feeling of fear ran up my spine that she would reject me.

I waited impatiently, hoping that she would accept it. She smiled tentatively and leaned forward like she was going to kiss me. I leaned in the rest of the way and pressed my lips firmly against hers. They were soft and gentle. She pulled back and looked into my eyes. "I like you a lot as well." She gently caressed my face and smiled. I couldn't believe what had just happened. We had only known each other for a couple of days. And now we were kissing? It all seemed too fast to comprehend. We were staring into each other's eyes when Emma entered the room.

"Who's this?" I sighed softly, knowing that she wasn't going to be happy."I found her last night. She was hurt and needed my help. So, in order to save her, I brought her here to try and heal her wounds." Emma stared at the both of us, clearly angry with me. "I can't believe you brought her here. You could have put both of us in danger! She could have been a lunatic." Zea was staring at her feet, like she was ashamed. "Stop it! This is my house, And I will invite whoever I want. If you don't like it then you can leave!" Emma blinked, horrified by the fact that I had just yelled at her. She turned around and stalked out of the house. Zea just stood there, unable to say anything. "Don't worry about what happened. She will get over it. Are you hungry?" She nodded and I guided her to the kitchen and made her the best breakfast of her life.