Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Zach

I stretched slowly, feeling the soft bed covers caress the palms of my hands. I blinked and opened my eyes quickly. I glanced around, afraid of what I might see. Laying next to me was Zea, sleeping peacefully. I sighed in relief and relaxed. I turned my head to the left and flinched in pain. My neck was killng me. I stood up and walked to the bathroom. I looked at my neck in the mirror and there were two vampire bite marks staring back at me. She had bitten me when we were making love. But, why? I heard a soft noise coming from my bedroom. Zea was wide awake and looking for me. "What's wrong, Zach? Are you okay?" I sighed loudly and stayed leaning against the doorway. "You bit me, why?" She looked away from me, obviously upset by my accusation. "Zea, Why did you do it? I've protected you and healed you. So why would you bite me?"

She didn't answer me. She would barely even look at me. "I'm sorry, Zach. I don't know what I was thinking. I only bit you because I didn't want to loose you. So, I marked you as mine by biting you. I'm sorry." Tears ran down her face. I walked over to her and held her in my arms. "It's okay, sweetie.I understand. I'm sorry that I yelled at you. Please stop crying." I gently rubbed her back until she calmed down enough to stop. She hugged me and kissed me gently. It was the most perfect day ever.