Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Mackenzea

I opened my eyes, a prickling feeling crawling up my spine that someone was watching me. When i looked across the room, Zach ws watching me. "Are you okay?" I sighed softly and relaxed a little. He walked closer to me and sat down beside me. "Were you have a nightmare?" I nodded and he pulled me into his lap. "I'm sorry, Honey. It wasn't real. There's nothing to worry about." I nodded and leaned my head against his chest. I always felt completely relaxed when I was with him.

He gently stroked my hair as he held me. Emma hadn't been around for a few days and I was beginning to worry. "Zach, what if you lost a friend because of me?" He looked into my eyes and smiled. "Honey, it's okay. I have you and that's all that matters." I smiled and leaned aganst him more. My stomach was full of butterflies. I knew that he was the one I couldn't live wthout.

I sighed contentedly. "Zea, How come you don't have any friends?" I looked away from his prying eyes. "They all abandoned me when I truly needed them. You are all that I have." Tears began to form behind my eyes. He pulled me against his chest and rubbed my back. "I won't leave you, I promise. Just relax." He kissed my hair gently and held me for a while. Emma knocked lightly on the door and walked in. She stared at me, as if she was trying to burn a hole through my brain. I suddenly realized why she was staring at me, and walked towards the bathroom to take a shower.