Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Zach

"What do you want, Emma?" She sighed softly. "I came to apologize to you. You were right. I had no reason to tell you who you can invite into your own home. I'm really sorry again. Can you please forgive me?" I sighed softly. "I will forgive you. But, You have to be nice to her." She nodded and we hugged tightly. "Thank you." I smiled and I started to make some breakfast.

Mackenzea walked out of the shower fully dressed. Emma smiled at her and nodded. I didn't think it could get any more awkward than it was now. "So, How are you?" Zea looked at me funnily. "I'm fine." SHe left the room and headed to stock some shelves in the store. I didn't know what to say. "I'm sorry." Zea looked really confused. "What for?" I smiled shyly at her. "For the problems that you have endured." She kissed me gently and wrapped her arms around my neck. I smiled and hugged her tightly in response.

She made me feel amazing. I don't think I could live without her. She smiled and jumped agilely onto the bed. She yawned loudly, showing off all her teeth. Being awake during the day was not easy for her. I tucked her into my bed and kissed her forehead. She smiled and closed her eyes, slowly drifting to sleep. I closed the bedroom door quietly and headed towards the front of the store. Emma was quickly stocking shelves while customers browsed. "So, Where's Mackenzea?" I sighed softly. "She's sleeping. I thought that she needed it." Emma nodded and continued to stock. "I thought you two were attached at the hip." I glared at her. "I have no idea why you dislike her so much. She never did anything to you." Emma stopped and stared at me. "She took you away from me. That's what she did to me."

I couldn't believe it. "She did not. We are just friends and we always will be." Emma looked away from me with tears in her eyes. "I'm in love with you, Zach. I always have been." My eyes widened in shock. Had she just said what I thought she said? "Emma, look, I love Zea. We are just friends. That's all we'll ever be." Emma exploded into tears and ran out of the store. I sighed and tried to calm down and finish work so I could go see Zea.