Can We Just?

Chapter 2

“Honey are you awake?” I heard my mom, Bernie, from the other side of my door. She quietly opened the door and peeked her head in. I peeked out from inside my comforter and covered my head back up. I heard her footsteps walking into my room and opening up my curtains. I groaned not wanting to get up.
 
“Raquel C’mon, time to get up” She said, shaking me and trying to get the comforter off of me. I grabbed on tight, so that she couldn’t pull them off of me.
 
“Five for minutes mom!  I promise! I’ll be up in five minutes” I pleaded with her from under my comforter. We were fighting over the comforter for a couple minutes till a new voice popped into my room.
 
“What are you two doing?” My dad, Peter, asked from the doorway.
 
“YOUR daughter refuses to get up” My mom explained while putting an emphasis on “your daughter”. That’s what my parents do; when my brother or I did something one of my parents didn’t like it became the other parent’s problem.
 
“Aw C’mon, Princess you can’t spend the rest of your life in bed. What about your store?” My dad said, sitting down on the edge of my bed. See I’m a fashion designer; I’m one of those people that got lucky. I own my own store in Calabasas right next door to Kim, Khloe and Kourtney’s store, DASH. It’s actually how I met them, but that’s a story for another time.
 
“It’s called the internet. It’s awesome. I can manage things right from my bed. Awesome, huh?” I said finally coming out from under my comforter.
 
“Honey, I know it’s hard to move on from something you went through, but you can’t just be stuck in this funk forever.  How would baby feel if it saw you like this? I don’t think the baby would be very happy.” My mom said. They both lay down on either side of me. This is what I love about my parents; no matter what they’re always there by your side. Always. Sometimes even literally. 
 
-
 
Outfit
“Hello? Hellooooo? Anybody home? Ma? Pops?” I heard a voice calling from downstairs. I immediately recognized the voice, it was my brother, Peter Gene Hernandez, or more better known as Bruno Mars.
 
“Bubba?” I practically screamed running out from the living room and jumping, almost tripping over the couch. I haven’t seen him in months and I missed him so much. I practically tackled him in a hug, knocking him down into the ground.
 
“Hey Jeanie! I didn’t know you were home. When did you get home? I stopped by your house in Calabasas, but no one was home. How’s Robert?” He asked all in one breath. I never did update him on ANYHTING. Since he was on tour and I didn’t really want to bother him about it.
 
“I’ve been home for maybe 4 months,” I told him and braced myself for yelling, but none of that came.
 
“Why didn’t you tell me? I tried calling you and stopped by your stored but they said you were out. I didn’t know they meant you were out ‘out’,” He said. I pulled him into the living room where he was greeted by our parents. We were watching, Bridezillas. Don’t ask me why we just were. We sat down and he told us about tour and everything that was going on in his life.
 
“Aren’t you supposed to be with Robert right now? With ya know, everything?” He asked not knowing about me losing the baby. My mom put her hand on my knee. My brother didn’t really approve of me having a baby right now, but was supportive nonetheless.
 
“I got into a car accident a couple months ago and lost it” I told him quietly. I am blunt. I don’t beat around the bust and just decide to come out with things, usually. He came over and hugged me pulling me onto his lap.
 
“Are you okay?” He asked. I nodded and he hugged me tighter. “How are you are Rob? I mean are you two still together?”
 
“We broke up,” no one knew the whole truth of why we broke up except for Khloe and Lamar. The immediate family and friend know I’m not pregnant anymore. I think most of them think that I had an abortion, I thought about it but I couldn’t go through with it. Not a lot of people knew about the pregnancy, because it wasn’t really something we were ready for and we didn’t think we should announce it to the public.
 
-
 
“So are you planning on moving back?” Bruno asked while sitting on my balcony, that night after dinner. I shrugged my shoulders, I wasn’t sure yet what I was gonna do. I still some of my things at the townhouse. “Do you need Phillip (his bestfriend) and I to go get your things from your place or something?”
 
“I don’t know, I mean I haven’t really talked to Rob, so I don’t really know what to do right now,” I said to him.
 
“Well what do you want to do?” He asked. Keyword: want.
 
“Bubs what I want doesn’t really matter. I know eventually I need to go back to Calabasas to check on my store and I need to finish up my business in L.A. because I’m opening up a store there. Even though I really don’t want to go back at all, I need to.” I said. He nodded his head and looked out over beautiful our view. When Bruno and I first made money, we bought our parents this house. We never were poor, but we decided its time for us to take care of our parents because they took such good care of us growing up. My phone buzzed; I had a text messages from 3 Kardashian sisters. After the whole video chat incident last week I realized how much I actually truly missed the Kardashian/Jenner clan. I knew I missed them, but just not how much I really did miss them. I apologized to them (excluding Rob, I wasn’t ready for that yet) for not talking to them for so long and we went back to normal, well sort of.
 
To: Rocky
From: Khloe
 
Hey Doll! Mom decided that we all should go on to a family vacay in Hawaii. Roberts been moping around lately and she decided that she should try and get you two back together. So I guess see ya soon? Don’t run away again please ;)
 
To: Raquel
From: Kimberly
 
Hey babe! Mom planned a vacay in Hawaii! See you soon!
 
To: Biotch
From: Kourt
 
Heads up! Mama Bear planned a vacation in Hawaii to get you and Rob back together. See ya soon doll!
 
They all basically said the same thing. They were coming to Hawaii. Kris –bless her heart- has only the best intentions when doing things for other people, but this was not something I wasn’t ready for. As much as I miss everybody, them coming here together as a family means bring Rob and I don’t think I have the metaphorical balls to face him right now.
 
“They’re coming here,” I told Bruno after reading the text messages. He looked surprised then asked, “All of them?”
 
“Every single one of them” I responded. He knew whom I was talking about, it was our sibling telepathy. We were only about a year apart, so we were always really close.
 
“Do you think you can handle that?” He asked. “You know we still have time to run” He said jokingly. I punched his shoulder and walking through the sliding doors into my room, only to have him follow me, and jumping on to my bed. I pushed him over to make more room for me. We laid down on the bed staring at the ceiling and just talking about any and everything ‘till we both fell asleep just like that.