Even at the End of the World

'Ekahi

Fresh air. Bright light. Am I dead? My eyes flew open. Clear skies and tall grass surrounded me, where am I? I sat up and looked all around me, I was completely alone.

"Sam! Dean! Hello? Anybody? This isn't funny, I will shoot you!" I called out. The boys knew I follow through on my threats. But there was no reply, just silence. Maybe they started walking to try to find me, wherever the hell we are. I stood up and started walking in a random direction. I saw a road and headed towards there and started walking on the side of it.

There was a faint sound of a car alarm sounding, I looked ahead of me and I could see a small red blob getting bigger and bigger. It was a car! I ran in that direction and started flailing my arms around above my head. They kept speeding in my direction, but never stopped. I dropped down onto the cement feeling completely hopeless. There was a sound of a motor in the distance. I looked up and saw a huge white moving van. I jumped back up and ran onto the road this time, and started flailing my arms around again. The driver spotted me and slammed down on the brakes making the wheels squeak. I closed my eyes and waited for the impact, but it never came. When I opened my eyes there were about 6 people standing in front of me, guns drawn. I reach towards my gun, but found nothing -where the hell is my gun? I slowly backed up and put my hands up in defense. I.AM.DEAD.

"Are you a bit?" The blonde asked. I look at her in confusion, "What?"

"Are you-" "Remy?" I heard a deep voice ask from the back of the group. I looked up to see Sam towering everybody. Was he there this whole time? The group parted, allowing Sam to step forward. I felt so relieved.

"Sammy! Oh my god, you're okay! Where's Dean?" I said, jumping on him giving him a hug.

"You know her?" Officer McScruffy Pants asked. Sam nodded. Everyone started putting their guns down, but still watching me carefully like I was gonna jump up and bite them. Sam then introduced me to them. There was Andrea(Blondy), Rick(Officer McScruffy Pants), Morales, T-Dog and Jaqui.

"So where's Dean?" I asked Sam again as they ushered me into the back of the moving van after they looked me over for something, because it wasn't safe staying out there like that.

"I don't know. I thought he would be with you, " Sam said worried.

"Who's Dean?" T-Dog asked, looking between Sam and I " Are there more survivors out there?"

"Survivors of what?" I asked. They exchanged looks.

"The end of the world. Zombie apocalypse," Sam said simply. What? No way. Demons, Werewolves, and Vampires I can deal with, but zombies for some reason scare the crap out of me.

"Great. Just great," I said, putting my head in my hands and sliding down to the floor of the van. "And we still don't know where Dean is."

"Again. Who is Dean?" T-Dog huffed.

"My brother and her boyfriend," Sam replied, smiling at me. I nudged him in the side and rolled my eyes. Dean and I? No thanks.

--

The truck came to a stop. The back of the van opened up and we all jumped out. I followed slowly behind Sam. We turned the corner where there was a big group of people hugging and greeting each other. I stood a little bit behind Sam, I was never really good around big crowds. After a minute or two everyone noticed Sam and I standing there awkwardly. Morales stepped forward and introduced us to his family, Lori and her son, Carl(Ricks Family), Shane, Dale, Amy(Andreas sister), Jim, Glenn, Ed and his wife, Carol and their daughter Sophia. Dale gave us an extra tent and some sleeping bags, then directed us towards the other tents. We headed there and set up own temporary home.

"Sam, where do you think Dean is? You think he's safe?" I asked Sam to sit down crossed legged on my sleeping bag as Sam laid down. He gave me a small unsure smile.

"I'm sure he'll be fine. He's a badass, remember," Sam said. I laughed at him and rolled my eyes, I'm still worried. The was a "knock" on the tent and Glenn's head popped in.

"Dinner's ready. I hope you guys are hungry" He said and stood outside waiting for us to follow him. We followed him toward a fire everyone sat around.  Sam and Glenn quickly took seats. There was only one spot left open between Deputy Creepy, Shane, and T-Dog, who I didn't mind at all.

--

After dinner, we all just sat around the fire talking. I found out that Sam was wandering the city for two days before he ran into Glenn and everybody, then Glenn saved Rick from being eaten alive.

"How about you?" Amy asked about how I ran into the group.
 
"Me? I woke up in a field and started walking, found a road, almost got ran over by a speeding red car" I said glancing at Glenn jokingly- whom I found out was driving that crazy red car- he looked down at the ground blushing, " and then they came rolling down the road. Not too excited" I finished shrugging.

"You were passed out for two days and you're still alive?" Deputy Creepy asked in disbelief. I nodded. I don't remember much, last I checked I was in a crappy motel in Arizona.

"So where are guys from?" Dale asked us.

"Kansas" We replied at the same time. "We've known each other since Sam was born and been best friends ever since" I told them. The girls awed and I laughed. I wasn't too girly, being around boys all time.

"How old you?" Glenn asked to direct the question towards me. Cute.

"You know even though it's the end of the world, it's still not polite to ask a lady her age" I said jokingly making even Deputy Creep McGrumpy Pants, Shane, crack a smile. You always find light in darkness. Find happiness in darkness, it'll help you get through the dark times. "I'm 26 and Sam's 24"

"So you're Daryl's age" Dale stated. I tilted my head in confusion. They started talking about these people named Daryl and Merle. I guess they were a part of this camp too. They were discussing what they were gonna tell Daryl  when he came back from his hunting trip. Apparently they left Merle handcuffed to a roof. I don't know. Maybe these people are crazy and might kill me in my sleep. Who knows?

--

"So what do you think happened?" Sam asked as we lay down in our tent that night. I shrugged, but remembered it was dark and he couldn't see me.

"I don't know. I remembered being in that old motel in Arizona and then BAM! I woke up in the grass in the freakin' zombie apocalypse," I said.

"Well, at least you weren't almost bitten by one of those 'walkers'," Sam said. I snorted at their name for the zombies, it was just weird. I put my hand on his and gave it squeezes. After we said Goodnight I turned and closed my eye and fell into a light sleep.