Status: In the works.

All of Them People

You Can't Stop What's Coming For You

Cian shuffled down the street that Sean's house was on with his hands in his hoodie pockets. He looked around with his eyes wide in wonder at how clearly he could see in the dark now, although the street lights were practically blinding. He blinked uncomfortably at the contacts that Gaia and Logan had given him so that his eyes weren't so abnormal. He tried to snap his attention back to the matter at hand. "Okay..." he muttered to himself. How do you tell a guy that his girlfriend is dead?

He pulled his hands out of his pockets and looked down at them, flexing his fingers. His fingernails were growing faster, and were almost claw-like now. He smiled down at them and decided that so far being a Vampire wasn't as bad as it was hyped up to be in the movies.

He blinked back up around the neighbourhood, and peered at the houses. "Shit, they all look the same..." he muttered. But he picked the one that looked the most familiar and approached the door. He realized then that he still didn't know what he was going to say. He stared at the door completely dumbfounded. "Shitshitshit... uhm," he tried running through his head what he would say. He knew he was a complete ass in their last encounter so he wasn't expecting this to go smoothly. 'Maybe I should leave...' He was about to turn around when he heard the doorknob turn. He whipped around to being looking up at Sean.

"Uh... do you wanna come in?" He asked, tilting his head slightly in confusion. He'd seen someone outside their door as he was heading upstairs and hadn't expected it to be Cian. Emmett was up in his room typing away, and Sean didn't really think he'd be too happy to learn Cian was back for a visit.

"Umm, no. Well I mean uh... So, uh.... Fuck this is hard," he muttered under his breath. "Okay Sean. So the other day when you asked me about that night at Tawny's... Well, you asked if I heard a gunshot and I know this is fucked up but... You were right..." He kind of trailed off, and looked up at Sean, having no idea what to expect.

He blinked a few times not quite registering what was being said, Cian spoke quickly and quietly. But his eyes widened when it clicked. Minhoe was dead.

"Wait. No. " He started, his mind was in turmoil, he didn't want to actually believe it but if Cian was here telling him he couldn't be lying. He didn't know Cian that well though, but stooping this low for a joke was something he couldn't imagine Cian doing. "Oh god. oh god" he mumbled to himself. He felt mortified, knowing that Minhoe was dead meant that Adrien had been lying. And that Adrien had been there that night holding a gun to her. That he was the one who shot her. Never mind that he was somehow able to cover it up.

"Ugh" he groaned face contorting, not sure he wanted to cry or throw up. "That bastard."

"Uh," Cian clenched his teeth together. He was so bad dealing with people, he didn't know how counsellors could do this everyday. Although most school counsellors probably don't have to deal with this exact kind of shit. Cian turned his head slightly, "You know who did it?" He'd been told about the Vampire hunters, and wanted to know who to look out for. And it would be a bonus if it got Sean angry instead of crying. 'Could Sean even get mad?' Cian wondered.

"Adrien." He said through gritted teeth. "When I asked him about it he told me she was fine.. Even though.. even though he had the gun. That lying prick." He should've pressed further, he'd even watched Adrien shoot her. He could've, no he should've stopped it. It was too late for that now though.

Cian took a deep breath, why did it have to be Adrien of all people. "Hey so... There's this woman at the school, she's a counsellor and I think she can help you figure this stuff out."

"Counsellor?" Sean thought for a moment, before asking "Ms. Castellanos? Isn't she the girls counsellor?"

Cian sighed heavily, he just wanted to get out of here... "I don't really know... She's uhh, some sort of grief counsellor on subjects of psychopaths... And knows about... Things. Things like," He made an awkward hand gesture, "this."

"Huh." Sean thought he could use it, with finals coming around the corner. That and he didn't want to be jumping at Adrien's throat when he saw him next. "Thanks Cian. I appreciate you for telling me this."

Cian completely froze up at that. "Uh yeah, well... Whatever. Umm," He started backing away from the door then turned away. "Well get some rest or something," he called back to Sean and waved goodbye.

Sean gave a little wave as Cian awkwardly walked away, closing the door after he got to the road. Walking up the stairs felt harder then it should have. And when he flopped onto his bed he felt too restless to sleep. 'I was right' he thought sadly. Then he felt a rush of anger course through him that Adrien had lied to him so happily. Had taken someone's life with so little regret. Sean tried to think of the reasons he could have possibly had and none felt right. He didn't think he'd get much sleep tonight and he hoped that talking with Ms. Castellanos would help.

Across the hall Emmett was typing at his computer furiously, eyes glued to the screen. Lines and lines of codes were displayed, and he rapidly typed more code, exploiting weaknesses in the original code. It wasn't easy, he had to admit, one of the hardest he had tried to gain access into. But someone had to be on the other side, fixing and hell, even strengthening it because almost as soon as he had something in and was loading up information on P.E.S.T. a vague government policy? He wasn't really sure so he wanted to take a look but that was harder than he thought. And apparently the person they had in charge was competent enough to stop and what was it the fourth, maybe even fifth time in a row?!

"This is getting ridiculous!" He cursed to himself but he did not stop typing, not until he got something from this or crashed from lack of sleep. The latter seemed to be more plausible. He hadn't actually slept in, what two? Maybe three days? His eyes were drooping and his hunched shoulders ached. He was starting to think he might need to stretch or something, which would probably make Sean laugh and the big oaf would actually try to get him to. He took one hand off the keyboard and fixed the blanket that was falling off his shoulders to the floor. Maybe it would be alright to take a few minutes of break. Yeah, he'd just rest his head on the floor. Just a few yeah.
♠ ♠ ♠
ever so slowly we make progress