Status: In the works.

All of Them People

I Have A Confession To Make

Sean accompanied Sydney to the school nurse Thursday morning both sweaty from his usual morning rugby practice. Only unlike usual Sean had run straight into Nathan, who being a literal 6 foot wall, knocked him flat back to the ground into the dewy grass. Coach had chewed him out for that, yelling and worrying at the same time. Not even too long after that he went to throw the ball to Sydney and didn't realize that Sydney was in a forward position from him. It ended with some profanity and a quick apology. Things went alright until practice was just about over. Coach had switched up the teams, unluckily Sydney was moved to the opposite team where Sean then proceeded to tackle him a bit too roughly and gave him a nosebleed. A nosebleed that just wouldn't stop.

"You have to take responsibility for this." Sydney said, turning to Sean with one hand holding a wad of bloodied tissues to his nostrils. The other hand held the unbloodied ones. But his smile could still be seen, beneath the blood and tissue of course.

"What do want me to do, I already said sorry." Sean cracked a grin hands in his pockets.

"Obviously we must get married!" He spoke loudly, waving the tissues in the air which made his fluffy golden hair bounce. "And our honeymoon will be in Australia, in the city that's named after me!" This time Sean really laughed.

"I thought you were going to Costa Rica with Martin 'McSexyFace' from the other school?" Sydney immediately made a sour face, twisting his lips in a repulsed manner and shaking his head.

"He didn't understand my animal desires." Sydney pouted, which looked odd on his bloody face.

"You didn't jump him did you?" Sean asked, one eyebrow quirked up.

"Hey! That was one time!" He fumed as they approached the nurses room "One time..." Sean only stayed for a few minutes after that since the morning bell rang and he headed to his classes. Sydney gratefully sent him away with just a wink.

***

That afternoon Sondra sat in her office leaning back on her chair, which creaked under her weight. The blinds were closed so that no sun could come in, it made her more relaxed. She thought about her interaction with Cian, and how immediate he took to being a vampire. It was almost strange. He was one of the more aggravating kids in the school, never came to the counselling sessions that were mandatory and was in general an ass. She honestly wondered if she and Logan would be able to handle him as a vampire and she sincerely hoped he didn't develop a problematic power. She began to rub her temples when she heard knocking at the door.

"Come in." She said loud enough for them to here her through the door, sitting up and adjusting her long brown braid.

"Uh, hello. Ms. Castellanos" Sean greeted her timidly and she was shocked for a second thinking to herself that maybe Cian could be redeemed.

"Hello Sean, come sit down. I don't see you here very often." She spoke softly and waited until he was seated to continue. "How is your mother doing?"

She saw the boy pale slightly when she asked, and felt a twinge of guilt for asking him but she hadn't heard any news about the woman, good or bad, and was curious. The last she'd heard of Sean's mother was when he was in counselling with her a couple years back and Sean had been a mess. He used to hang around a bad crowd and had been doing some harsh drugs, that is before the accident happened. Now that he was sitting in front of her she could see the difference and she was glad he had made positive changes in his life. He'd also grown a bit, gained more muscle and kept his hair clean.

"She's... she's doing alright." He started slowly "there hasn't been any change. Been stable to whole time." He glowered at the desk in front of him.

"Recovery takes time, maybe she just needs a bit more." Sean didn't say anything to that just nodded his head slightly. Then he spoke.

"Ms. Castellanos, you haven't seen Minhoe at all this week have you?" Sondra sat back, crossing one leg over the other. Cian had told her that Minhoe had been the one to bite him, and that Sean had been at the scene, but was Sean the hunter? Sure he was athletic and probably had good reflexes though she thought that if he was a hunter he'd have noticed that she was a vampire. Then again she had been in a similar situation.

"No I can't say I have" She responded, almost thoughtfully. "Is she home sick?" He shook his head, and she wanted to reach over the desk and comfort him but held herself back. He had no idea she was aware of the situation.

"We were, uh, we were at a party last week at Tawny's house. And well, she went missing." Is how he began to explain and the words then spilled from his mouth. He told her how they got separated and while he was looking through the halls for her he stumbled upon Cian and Minhoe in an incriminating position. He'd noticed the blood coming from Cians neck but he'd been too dumbfounded to move until she leaped out the window. And another classmate of his jumped out after her. He chased them, not out the window of course, but when he caught up to them he saw his classmate shoot her without hesitation.

"It's kind of fucked up" He finished "Why would he kill her like that?"

She looked at him with sympathy, in her eyes he was once again that afraid little boy however she needed to know who it was. Who the hunter was.

"Did you see his face?" She questioned, and he kept his eyes down as if trying to decide whether he should tell or keep quiet. "I'll keep this between you and me if you want for now, but I need to know who it is in case he wants to hurt other students." at this he looked up, brow furrowed and face frowning.

"Would he?" Sean asked in disbelief.

"The possibility is very high."

"It was, it was Adrien." And the look in his eyes turned hard. This time she did reach out her hand and touched his arm.

"Thank you for coming to talk to me today." She studied his face and he stared back at her. "Please don't do anything rash."

"...I'll try not to." He got up to leave and as he turned the knob of the door she spoke again.

"If you need to talk again you know where to fine me"

"Thanks" He said then left the room. And Sondra returned to thinking.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow. just wow.