Status: In the works.

All of Them People

Meet the Dream Team

Adrien sat in the drivers seat of a trashy blue '96 Toyota tapping his fingers along the steering wheel, with his head leaned against the side window, watching the entrance to the black market. Kal stacked up some papers on the dashboard then slid them back into the envelope after reading through the papers. Again. That must have been the third time. Adrien opened his mouth, about to give up when Kal shoved a black fabric onto his lap.

"What is this?"

Kal pulled one of his own over head. "Ninja mask," he exclaimed.

"Ninja mask, really? Are you a kid?" He responded harshly, he was in no mood for this kids antics and he'd much rather be back at Tawny's place.

"Uh believe it or not, ninja masks do have a purpose. Put it on before the action and it conceals your identity from bystanders. Unless you want every vampire in town to know what you look like. And F.Y.I at six-teen years, society would consider me a kid." He smiled and tilted his head at Adrien.

"Believe it or not. I don't care." Adrien replied bluntly, glaring across the street at the 'black market' watching a short balding man walk in. He was very tempted to just go after the next tall, blonde and probable vampire. His fingers strummed the steering wheel faster.

"Well you should, or you won't last long," Kal watch the fury start to boil up through Adrien's expression but was saved by movement near the top of the stairwell that lead down to the black market's entrance. One man, that Kal knew through prior research was the shopkeeper, was coaxing another man up the stairs who was red in the face and yelling. "Hey, that could be him," Kal noted the mans height, colour, and body type.

Kal cracked the window so the Hunters could hear what the man was screaming. "Only artificial!? You have to be fucking kidding me!" His voice sounded harsh, and Kal wondered how long he'd been tearing up the shopkeeper for. Then he realized that they hadn't even seen him enter the market, but pushed that to the back of his mind. "Iv'e been loyal to this place for a long time!" The man continued, pointing a finger at the shopkeeper. "And you can't even reward that with what I need! You know what? Fuck you! I can get my own." The shopkeeper shook his head at the man storming away down he street and headed back down the stairs.

"That's our guy!" Adrien said excitedly starting up the engine, he waited a few moments for the shopkeeper to go back inside before pulling out into the road. The blonde vampire had turned the corner and Adrien's Toyota easily closed the distance between them and their target. He then drove ten meters ahead of the blonde and parked carefully watching him in the rear-view mirror. He seemed to be too angry to notice how suspicious they were so Adrien cut the engine.

"Okay, you know the plan," Kal said, opening the door. And before stepping out, turned to face Adrien as he pulled the black face mask over his face and mouthed the words 'ninja mask' towards him, then back out of the car.

Adrien frowned 'of course i know the stupid plan' he thought and he reluctantly put on the 'ninja mask' as Kal called it. Sure he was an irritating brat, but he was smart, even if Adrien would never admit that out loud. Stepping out of the car he felt like a robber going to a bank, and not like the handsome hunter he knew he was.

"Hey buddy, you look like shit." Adrien grinned under his ski mask "you wanna sell me the drugs your taking? Ill pay a good price"

Through the dark of the night Adrien could see the vampire grin and looked almost relieved. "I know you will," he breathed. "Not here though..." It was miraculous that he didn't question the mask. But judging by his twitching and frantic glancing around, Adrien could tell he needed to feed. Hopefully this vampire was as stupid as he looked. "This way," he purred, licking his lips, and lead Adrien deeper into the darkness, glancing back to make sure he was following.

Adrien followed behind the blond, making sure to keep a safe distance. His hand ready to grab his gun if needed, and he would prefer shooting this creep than following him down the dark alleyway but Kal's plan didn't give him that choice. He glanced behind him to see if Kal was in position but either Kal was very good at blending into the scenery or he had ditched and left Adrien to deal by himself. If the latter was true Adrien swore he would beat Kal within a inch of his life.

The vampire faced Adrien again with a glint in his eyes and took in a deep breath. He easily looked down on Adrien with hungry eyes, and Adrien knew he was in the danger zone. "You are very brave to come here alone," the vampire said with an unwavering gaze, and took a step towards Adrien, slowly closing the distance.

"And you're pretty dumb if you think I'm alone." Adrien smirked, as he could see Kal approaching the vampire from behind, a syringe of enhanced anesthetic in his hands. Kal was centimeters away from plunging the syringe into the vampire when he whipped around and in the most comical way, shrunk. The once tall blonde became thinner and much shorter, throwing both Adrien and Kal off guard. In the split second of hesitation the vampire went for Kal picked him up by his shirt and tossed him into Adrien. Awkwardly Adrien caught him by the shoulders though dropped him in favor of reaching for his holstered gun. His gun however, had decided that it would catch on its holster and not come out easily, while the vampire began moving closer to them. He grew larger and larger until he was probably a good 7 or 8 feet.

"Oh shit," Kal, backed away to the edge of the alley way before turning and bolting down the street, with Adrien close in pursuit. They turned sharply behind a building corner, and stood, catching their breath. Kal, took in the surroundings. They were up against a red brick wall, near a door with a window looking in on some kind of auto shop. Kal tried the door, but it was locked. "Quick, take off your jacket," he said, and knelt to find a rock about three times as big as his fist. "Take this," he passed it off to Adrien. "And wrap your hand in your jacket, then break open that window." He knew he wouldn't be strong enough to do it himself. "Once we get inside, he'll have to shrink back down to follow," Kal shielded his face as glass shattered from the force Adrien used the rock to hit the window with. Adrien reached inside and unlocked the door. The two hurried inside the dark shop.

They were both quiet as Adrien fixated on taking out his gun. And then there was the steady fall of footsteps, and a gentle laughter. They both knew there was no use in hiding. Kal felt around for the light switch. The vampire's eyes would be sensitive to the light, and the hunters would do much better with their sight back. Through the broken window Kal could see the silhouette of the vampire shrink down again. Kal found the light switch and crouched down under it, waiting for the perfect time to flip the switch so that Adrien could get a clear shot if he needed to, and the vampire's eyes would have to adjust. Kal readied himself to bolt. The vampire might not be blinded for long, but as soon as those lights came on, he'd have to sprint to get close enough to inject the syringe. If the vampire managed to get his senses back before then...

Crouching in the dark Adrien could not tell what Kal was thinking and honestly didn't care. He carefully took his gun out of his holster this time, making sure it didn't catch like before, then looked to Kal pointing at himself and then farther out in the darkness of the shop. He kept his trigger finger ready as he creeped slowly to a shelf full of engine parts peeking through the crevices to check on Kal and the broken window. He was inching further away from Kal when the door burst open. His eyes watching the door intensely as the blonde vampire sauntered in salivating.

Suddenly the lights sprung on, and Adrien cursed, it was blinding but he adjusted quickly while the vampire was still be blinded. He stood up quickly about to aim his pistol at the vampire when it collided with him, running full strength, knocking them both into the shelf behind him. An array of automobile parts scattered noisily on the cement floor. But he didn't have time to spend thinking about the mess they were about to make in this shop as the vampire began to slash at him, and Adrien kicked at him viciously trying to make enough room to shoot.

Kal moved quickly, closing the distance between himself and the other two, with the syringe in hand. The vampire advanced quickly on Adrien, forcing him to step back. The vampire's size began to change again, getting bigger and bigger with every second, and making it easier to over power Adrien, but also giving Kal a bigger target. Kal jumped up, plunging the syringe into the vampires neck, then fell back, expecting for him to fall. The vampire screamed out in pain and reached up to pull out the syringe. Adrien took this chance to evade and move back near Kal.

They both stepped back, the anesthetics should have been kicking in by now. The vampire threw the syringe to the floor and growled.

"It's my turn now!" He lunged toward Adrien, picking him up and tossing him a few feet across the shop then turned to Kal, whose eyes darted back and forth between the door and the items on the floor. He opted for evasion a split second two late and the vampire caught the collar of Kal's sweater and pulled him closer, sharp teeth glinting in the light. Acting on honed instinct Kal brings his knee to the vampire's solar plexus, causing him to fall back winded. A few feet away Adrien had gotten to his feet and aimed his gun towards the enlarged vampire, firing a couple of silver bullets into its leg.

"You okay?" Adrien asked walking towards Kal, gun still trained on the vampire who was gradually returning to his original size, groaning loudly.

"Yeah," Kal, answered, not taking his eyes off the monster writhing on the ground in pain, and gradually growing weaker. His eyes found the two hunter's looking down at him and he rolled over, reaching out towards them. The sedative had finally done it's work. "You, can't...." he tried to say, but was out before the words even left his mouth.

"We just did," Kal smiled and lifted his hand for a high-five to Adrien. Who high-fived so hard it stung.

"Alright, lets get this sucker to my car."
♠ ♠ ♠
it was a very bumpy ride