Status: In the works.

All of Them People

Battle Royale at the Rugby Game yo

Game day, the bleachers were filling up fast and the breeze brought the beginnings of summer to Sydney's face. He was standing near the benches trying to keep his nerves in check. It never ceased, the before game jitters, and his excitement was building tremendously. This was his last game, well his last high-school game, and if they won this they'd bring home the tournament trophy! He grinned like a maniac his senses picking up on all the commotion going on around him. In the bleachers he picked out all the familiar faces, his English teacher and French teacher chatting casually at the far left end, some of his pre-calculus classmates huddled in the middle, he even saw the more troublesome students, Ryan, Chase, and Steve taking up more space then they needed the back of the bleachers. In the field the coaches and referees were talking, making final preparations for the game he wasn't sure but his thoughts were cut short by someone elbowing him in the side. A thin brown girl smiled at him cheekily, frizzy blonde hair barely resting on her shoulders.

"Who you thinking 'bout?" The girl Molly wiggled her thick eyebrows at him, and he noticed another presence beside her. He was taller than her, light hair contrasting his dark zip-up hoodie over rugby shorts.

"Probably Martin Mc Sexyface," Brian grinned from beside the girl. "Y'know he keeps looking over at you."

"No way I thought he wasn't interested" He joked but still Sydney turned to their opposition, because damn it even if he was their opponent he had a very nice face. He found him easily, dark brown hair, slap able cheeks and dazzling caramel orbs which happened to meet his own and froze. Then they waved, Molly, Brian and Sydney, and the look of pure terror that spread across Martin's face had Sydney bending down, slapping his knees in laughter.

"You'll be getting a restraining order put on you soon, I'm sure, Sydney," Brian said and watched as Martin gestured to them while talking to one of his team mates. Sydney could barely speak, still laughing enthusiastically.

"I bet they tried," Molly shook her head smiling, "but at least I don't have to worry about you chasing after boys the way he does"

"Yep," he said quietly, turned his head and scanned the bleachers, trying to look occupied. It felt so weird that other people actually knew about that now. Sometimes he regretted that they did. A loud whistle was blown and the coaches were calling the teams in. Sean and about half his team were already assembled in a small group on the playing field.

"Wish us luck," Sydney said as he made a gesture with his hips. Molly sighed and Brian didn't meet his eyes.

"Don't break their legs!" She called, giving them both light punches on the shoulder, adding "But make sure we win!"

Brian shed off his hoodie and left it by the benches, then shot her a double thumbs up and headed with Sydney to gather with the rest of the team.

They huddled together in a circle, shouting their usual motivational chant for all to hear, loud and invigorating, incomplete without a few lewd remarks from Sydney, and a couple of firm butt grabs before they broke away. They flipped a coin to decide who would kick off and Matt howled when we won the toss. From the kick-off to about half-hour in, they were at tug of war with the ball. Our team would have it score the points and then our opponents would get a point right back. They scuffed up their knees and elbows on the tackles and the referee chewed them out a few times for 'knocking-on' the ball. Their coach looked ready to throttle them and as close as the point difference was, they weren't losing. He was doing his best to get in Martin's way when he had the chance, and if Martin's sour face was any indicator, he was doing a good job. The ball was passed to Martin, then and Sydney ran at him like he was possessed by the winds and quickly tossed the ball parallel to his own team-mate. That wasn't enough to stop Sydney's forwards motion though and he ploughed into the other boy, sending the both of them to the ground. His hands probably lingered a second longer than they needed to on Martin's body but hey. The referee was having none of that though, fouling Sydney before he could even stand back up and sending him to the benches. Sean gave him a shrug, saying they'll be okay and Nathan just raised his eyebrows. Lucky that he'd only the benches for a few minutes before half-time. So he took the foul lightly, his coach however had a good few words to say. So he sat, drank his Gatorade and watched. At times like these, he thought rugby was one of the best decisions he's ever made, though as he watched the more his legs shook, wanting so badly to get out on the field. So he leaned back instead, taking his eyes off the sweaty, muscled, and mostly good-looking teenagers and at the crowd. This time he saw his mother, and some of the other parents from the boardinghouse they all roamed in. Talking together like at any gathering, about all the kids, the house... The whistle blew loudly, and all the players flooded back onto the benches. He greeted Brian with a grin.

"Hi," Brian breathed, catching his breath. "Good game so far," he sat on the bench and grabbed his water bottle and poured some over his head to help cool off. The heat of the day reminded him of how close summer was.

Three of the opposing team's cheerleaders passed them wearing their short tops that showed off their mid-sections and even shorter skirts that showed off a hell off a lot more than that. "I love cheerleaders," Brian smiled, glancing at them as the passed. "Oh hey! That reminds me!" He glanced back towards the parents before shuffling closer to Sydney. "So the city's current financial advisor. He's being sent to court today for... uh, something he did." Brian smiled, waiting for Sydney to ask what. Sydney cocked an eyebrow.

"The guy with the large gut... what's he in court for?"

"Sex with an under-aged girl," Brian continued behind a cuffed hand. "From Martin's school. He'll be put away for years, considering this isn't his first offence, after what happened with the hooker last year... But whether or not they actually arrest him or not this time, they'll be replacing his position. You know what that means? It means it will likely be Nick Bronzen, that suit with the massive feet that wants the lot that the pack lives in to build a new mall of something."

"A new mall seriously?? Like hell the elders will accept that!" Sydney began furiously, hyped up "Are you sure it'll be Bronzen? I mean, don't they have that other guy, uh, Cooper?"

"Bronzen's family has been a key donater to the Mayor's campaign for years. He's pretty much already moved into the office... Unless he goes bankrupt, he has a lot of leverage."

"Go figure those money hungry leeches" Sydney grumbled "Can't they just butt out of our business"

"Maybe it's time someone made them," Brian said, standing up and stretching, feeling fully energized again.

"Hah, wouldn't mind doing it myself" He shook his legs out and cracked his neck "but lets grind Martin's team into the ground first!" And they did, winning 24 to 19. The stands cheered wildy, cheering and beating their feet against the bleachers, except for the few fans of the other team who stood awkwardly and clapped their hands in frustration. It all felt like a blur to Sydney, the handshakes, the congratulations, holding the golden trophy and he was sure he'd never touched so many people's butts in one day than he did today. Adrenaline was flowing through his blood like cocaine and it was a little bit harder to keep his wolfish nature from taking over, having the full moon in less than a week didn't help either. Eventually he rounded up his team and then began to speak.

"Alright guys, you all did a spectacular job out there and since I now how much you love my speeches" there was a few groans mixed in with some chuckles "I've decided to cut this one short, now, who's ready to get smashed!"

Later in the night, they rendezvoused at the school's field bringing more alcohol than they should have been able to get. Not all their team-mates showed up, Kyle had left to 'celebrate' with a girl he'd smooth talked from Martin's school, or maybe even a college student. No one was really sure so they were placing bets. Otherwise they were all there, mingling in the field. Molly had brought some of the girls over with her and there were some other kids from there school too, friends of the other players. They spent a while drinking and clumsily recreating their win. Sydney also took part in tackling everyone else, especially Brian. But in the midst of it all he'd kept an eye out for Sean. Good ol' Sean who didn't ever drink and had ever so perfect hair, and lips and muscles. And maybe it was the alcohol or even the werewolf hormones but he really wanted to be near him, kiss him maybe. Yeah kissing would be good.

So he drank the rest of his bottle of Budweiser and rose, a little wobbly to his feet. He grinned wide though, trying to do that double wink and pistols to Molly and Brian. Successfully making Molly laugh at him with raised brows. Brian also cocked his brow so Sydney poked him in the side.

"I'm gonna score a home-run!" Syndey shouted as he staggered off.

"We play rugby not baseball." Brian laughed, Sydney just waved it off and kept walking, he'd seen Sean not that long ago sitting on the bleachers chatting with Nathan. And luckily they were still there at the bottom of the far bleacher, Nathan was drinking a can of sleemans and Sean had a can of pepsi.

"Yo" he said "What're you two up to?"

"Captain," Nathan raised his can in mock salute. Sydney chuckled, "I'm waiting for my girl to get back, then I'm out of this popsicle stand"

"What, it's still early" Sydney waved his arms at the field to emphasize his point, "see, Ron hasn't even puked yet." Nathan just shook his head and laughed.

"Nah man, its like three in the morning"

"Actually it's not even two yet." Sean spoke up.

"C'mon man, you're at least staying right?" He looked over to Sean who tossed up his hands in a surrounding gesture.

"Sorry Sydney, I've got to get back home soon too. Emmett probably hasn't even eaten supper yet."

"Ha true that. That kids hopeless." Nathan laughed a little "Oh shit there she is, I'll catch you two later." and he was off, half-jogging to an annoyed looking brunette. They kissed and disappeared into her car. Sydney turned away from them, looking at Molly and Brian still in the field then Sean again who chugged the rest of his pepsi. Sean started to get up.

"Alright then I'll b-"

"Can you stay for a bit longer." Sydney interrupted Sean sitting down beside him

"...Sure, I guess." He sat down again. "Is there something bothering you?"

"No no, nothings bothering me.. not really. I just. ugh. " He hung his head in his hands. Why was this so hard, he wondered. He peeked over at Sean through his fingers and that was his breaking point.

"Sean. I think you're really cool." He said finally.

"I think you're cool too, Sydney." Sean replied a little with a hint of confusion in his voice. And Sydney could only groan in his head, wow that was lame. He could feel his face getting hotter, ears burning out of embarrassment.

"No, I mean... Sean." And stared into Sean's eyes, at his lips slightly pursed in consideration, but Sydney wasn't thinking of what a considerate friend he was, not really. Instead he was thinking about how he wanted to mash their lips together and his body followed suit.

"Woah Sydney, what are you doing?" Sean protested naively thinking it was just an accident but he didn't push Sydney far enough away and he went right back in. Sean reacted better this time moving his face away and Sydney snarled. In the background he faintly heard Molly calling his name but he ignored it in favour of Sean's shoulder which he bit into vigorously. There were instantly hands at his back pulling him away and he didn't let go, not until he saw Sean's pained face, and someone's, Molly's, hands covering his mouth.

"Oh my god" Sydney hadn't even realized he'd begun to transform, his nails and turned to jagged claws and he could feel the his teeth, sharp and canine-like, covered in blood. Sean's blood, which there was a lot of. Brian was still holding tightly to his shirt and Molly shot him a look.

"Looks kinda bad" She said staring at Sean's shoulder and the blood swelling out of the bite marks. " I think you'll live though."

"Kinda bad. Kinda bad??" Sean stumbled forward out of his shock, pushing his hand against his shoulder to staunch the bleeding. " I- I have to go." He didn't even look in Sydney's direction, just stepped off the bleachers and walked away hurriedly

"Wait Sean!" Sydney went to get up, intent on going after him, but Brian roughly pulled him back onto the bleacher.

"You've done enough, Sydney!" He said bitterly, and got up to take his place, going after Sean.

"What the hell was that?" Sean was muttering to himself, "Who in their right mind just bites people?!"

Brian took a deep breath to steady himself from shaking, and his mind was racing at 100 km an hour. How could Sydney do something so reckless and stupid!? And a bite like that could do worse than turn to victim or get infected. It was deadly, but Sean wasn't dead, so Molly was right, he'll probably live. Ugh but Sydney! Damn him for putting them all in this situation. Brian shook his head trying to calm his mind, but from all the drinking it just made him feel more sick. He lengthened his step to catch back up to Sean. He'd never seen Sean like this before.

"And I seriously thought he had something troubling him... jerk! He knows I had a girlfriend too..." He made a groaning sound, like he'd irritated the wound but nonetheless continued. "I mean Minhoe's gone now but that's not okay! Its not okay at all!" He choked out getting increasingly frustrated.

"Hey, hey, Sean just- just stop, okay?" They had reached the farther end of the field and there was another set of bleachers. "Sit down, you've lost a lot of blood." Sean did as he was told, staring at Brian like a lost puppy.

"What am I gonna do?"

Brian had slid his sport's bag off of his shoulder and was searching through it for a clean towel when Sean asked. He paused for a moment and glance up at Sean with some sympathy, then continued rummaging around until he found the towel.

Where Brian was from, he was never asked for any kind of advice. "Take off your shirt," he said, and stepped towards the bleacher. And then realized that that might have been taken the wrong way. "Um, so I can dress the uh, you know," he stuttered and showed the towel.

Sean hesitated a moment, then nodded and struggled to take of his shirt. Hissing in pain when it rubbed against the bite, but he got it off and sat there topless in the cool air.

Brian sat behind Sean on the bleachers, tried not to notice Sean's perfect physique too much and focused on the bite. "This might hurt a bit," he said, and took out his water bottle and cleaned around the wound a bit before wrapping the towel around his arm and tying it tightly, trying to apply as much pressure to the wound to stop the bleeding as he could. "It'll get better," he said and jumped back onto the grass and zipped his water bottle back up in his bag.

Sean half smiled awkwardly putting his shirt back on over the towel bandage.

Brian pressed his lips together in an equally as awkward smile, and sat down on the grass. His head spun so he leant back on his hands until it steadied again. "So when you get home make sure you put some sort of rubbing alcohol on that or something and... proper bandaging." Brian glanced down the field and singled out two people standing facing this direction. No doubt Sydney and Molly. He looked back at Sean again and they sat in silence for a while. Brian squinted his eyes. "This is awkward now, isn't it?"

"Yeah a little bit" Sean kind of chuckled, but now that he was feeling a little calmer he really appreciated Brian's help. "Thank you for bandaging me up though. I'd probably have bled all over the bathroom if I had to do it by myself." He got up and clasped a hand on Brian's shoulder, in a parting gesture and went to leave.

"Wait, Sean," Brian lifted himself back to his feet and paused, trying to find the words. "Don't tell. I know what he did was really really really messed up. But he's my friend, and yours, and he could get in a lot of trouble for this. And, uh, he really cares about you, y'know." Brian watched Sean pleadingly for a response. Sean had no idea just what kind of trouble Sydney could get in if this got out. Not yet, at least. Sean glanced behind him, over to where Sydney and Molly were at the other bleachers then back to Brian. As if mulling over whether or not he could promise that.

"Yeah, I can keep it quiet. Not for him though, for you since you bandaged my shoulder and all. I owe you that at least." He waved a little wave then walked out of the field, feeling substantially better. Adding Sydney to the growing list of people he did not want to run into in a bad mood. A list Adrien and Cian were also on.

Sydney was all but calm when Brian walked back over to him and Molly.

"So. I couldn't help but watch you undress Sean. Like how could you do that to me man?" Molly elbowed him in the gut, causing him to sputter.

"What he means to say is, is Sean okay?" She studied Brian closely as she spoke. "Did you tell him about us?"

"Yes, he's okay," Brian said, tilting his head. "No, I didn't tell. And I don't think he'll tell anyone about YOUR," he pointed a finger at Sydney, "fuck up."

"It was an accident." Sydney whined. "He was attractive. And I might've drunken a bit too much alcohol."

"Just a bit," Brian said sarcastically. "And by the way," Brian added on mischievously , "Sounds like Minhoe's out of the picture."

"Aw yeah" Sydney pumped his fists into the air. "Never liked that bitch anyway."

"I'm willing to bet after this fiasco he's never gonna wanna talk to again." Molly grinned when Sydney's face fell then she continued "and when the full moons come around next week he'll go berserk, maybe kill a few people and you'll have to explain to your mom why." Her grin grew even wider at his pained expression. "But I mean at least he's single for a few days. you know long enough for Brian, or whoever else to sweep into his life."

"Brian, you wouldn't dare." Sydney turned menacingly to Brian.

"But no, we didn't- I didn't even. No, n-nope. There was nothing!" He stammered, moving behind Molly for a shield.

"Hey don't bully him" She laughed, "he's new at this. Just like Sean will be... if he survives. And he wont unless someone talks to him." She pointedly stared at Sydney.

"Why can't it be Brian!"

"Because Brian didn't bite him. You did!" Sydney pouted a little, but he knew she was right. And also that if he went to his mom for this problem right away she'd tear him to pieces, literally.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am.