Status: In the works.

All of Them People

The Inquisition Will Never End

Cian woke up, looking into the big brown eyes of his little sister staring back at him from the side of the bed. "Allie, what the fuuck?" Cian said, pushing his face into his pillow.

Allie sat down on the floor, and lay her head down beside Cian's. "You came home the other night covered in blood." She said in the sweetest most innocent voice.

Cian froze as all the memories came back to him.

"Candel wrapped your shoulder up, it was gross. But she still wants you going to school today and..." Cian's sister went off talking excitedly about whatever, but Cian didn't really pay any attention.

He grimaced at the pain as he tried to flip himself over onto his back. It felt as if his shoulder was on fire and every other muscle in his body protested at his movement.

Allie hesitated for a moment, "I'll go get Candel," she said, then ran off to go find their mother.

Cian struggled to sit up and when he finally did, his mother was standing at the door yelling something to him in Spanish that he didn't fully understand. "Get. Up. And go to school," she hissed in a heavy Spanish accent. "Just because you were out drinking all weekend does not mean you can stay in bed rest of your life!" She threw a shirt at him, "go! move! I work early today so I want you out of this house before I leave. And i'm driving your sister to school today." She paused before leaving. "And take those contacts out of your eyes. You look... wierd!" She hurried away, and after once last glance at Cian, Allie followed out with a pile of her school books.

Cian felt too weak to protest so just got dressed and walked stiffly into the bathroom. He splashed water on his face, trying to wake himself up and looked up into the mirror and saw... nothing. He touched the side of the mirror and moved his head, looking for his reflection and saw nothing but the reflection of the wall behind him. He knew he should be freaking out at least a little bit, but he didn't really feel panicked, just really strange. He move some of the bandages on his shoulder around to try and see the wound, but it was a very awkward position and it hurt to turn his head that way. So he gave up and just pulled is hoodie on over it and went out to the kitchen, where Allie continued to stare.

"What?" He asked, agitated.

She side stepped a bit closer to him. "Your eyes are changing yellow, so y'know."

"What! But.. I... No fucking way.."

"Cian! No swearing around your sister!" Candel yelled at him from the next room over.

"I.. Can't even see it... Because the stupid mirror! AAggh! What the... What is going on?"

"Bye!" Allie yelled after him as he left the house in no particular direction and waved an unenthusiastic goodbye back at her. Eventually he found himself at the high school. Where he was reminded of the field trip pretty much only when the class was being herded onto the bus.

Sean had ended up at the front of the bus, while Cian went to the back of the bus with his friends. He was a little anxious to talk to him, but first he had to get him alone. He decided he would talk to him when they walked over to the courthouse. On one hand he wanted answers yet, what if he had been overreacting and Minhoe turned up just fine. He sincerely hoped she would but his gut feeling said otherwise. The bus ride was bumpy to the down-town area of Colville. Beside him Nathan Sharpe offered him gum.

"Wan' some?" Nathan said between chews.

"Nah im good" Sean replied looking at Nathan. He had a large build and was nicknamed Rocky by his team-mates on the rugby team. There was one game were their opponents couldn't score any points because Nathan was going all out in his defence. "What time's the game this weekend?"

"Three, but coach wants us there in the morning to go over strategies" Nathan made a sour face. "And after the game too. Man that guy must think we don't have lives!" Sean laughed at that.

"Wasn't it Sydney's idea?"

"That little..." Nathan began "Captain or not! I'm gonna give him a piece of my mind later!" He made a punching gesture with his hands then grinned. Just as he did that the bus rolled to a stop.

"Single file off the bus!" The teacher called. "When we go in try to act mature" The students left the bus and Sean lingered in his seat until the last few kids got off. Casually trying to get close to Cian. Out on the side-walk he approached him.

"Hey Cian, can we talk for a sec?"

Cian's head was hurting so badly from all the noise and movement on the bus that he barely heard Sean speak. But he thought he'd heard him say something so he stopped and looked up at him with a quizzical expression.

"Its about the party last weekend." Sean stated "About Minhoe. Do you know what happened to her?"

Cian doubted for a moment what it was he saw. Was Sean even there when all that went down? Am I just going to sound crazy? Oh what the fuck do I care? "Yaa," Cian said, his voice heavy with sarcasm, "last I checked, that psycho bitch took one out my shoulder and jumped out of a second story glass window. I got the scars to prove it." Out of the corner of his eye, Cian could see the teacher watching them so he kept walking, not caring if Sean followed or not.

Sean frowned he knew that much at least. He continued to walk with Cian

"Did you hear a gunshot go off?"

"Uggh, you know what Sean?" Cian winced as his should shot up in pain again as if to remind him of the wound that was still there. "What kind of fucked up question is that?" he hissed, starting to lose patience.

"Nevermind..." Sean said in response, and then retreated a few steps away from Cian. A little ashamed of his nosiness. Adrien's a normal student, not a killer he reminded himself and Minhoe might have gotten sick or just doesn't want to talk to him. Yeah. That had to be it. He had caught her and Cian together so that would make sense. He frowned again.

"You know, if she is dead, good fucking riddance. She lost her mind! you don't go around fucking biting people! She must have had some kind of mental disease or something."

Sean bit his lip in frustration. Asshole he muttered bitterly, before walking past the large pillars that lined the outside of the courthouse.

Watching a real life trial was much more boring than the TV shows led on about. The one they were observing was for a car theft, and one of his classmates murmured about how they'd rather be playing grand theft auto. The defendant was ruled guilty and sentenced to a year of community service and a fine of $5000. Groggily the students left about an hour and a half later and started walking back to where their bus would be waiting for them. Sean noticed that Cian looked even worse than he did earlier but he didn't say anything about it.

The entire hearing sounded completely drowned out by nothingness as Cian tried to focus. Cian leaned his head on the bench in front of him and tried to keep from shaking.

"Hey, you okay?" Steve asked from beside him.

"Don't. Talk." Cian struggled to get the words out. Every time he blinked it got harder and harder to open his eyes again.

Getting outside, Cian put all his focus on getting one foot in front of the other. He put up his hand to shield his eyes from the daylight. It was as if it got 10X brighter than it was earlier. Why is no one else having this problem? He wondered. He tried to locate where the bus was but it was so damned bright.

He feebly tried to pull away as someone's hand landed on his shoulder. 'Don't touch me," he wanted to say but couldn't even form the words.

"Come with us," an unfamiliar voice said.

"It's going to be fine," Said a female.

"We have candy," the male voice said, and he could have sworn he heard laughing after that and then a loud smack.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Logan theres a time and place for everything....