Status: In Progress

Fickle Reticence

Sigh

“Gerard!” someone yells.

Frank wakes up to the sound of someone pounding on the door, but he’s too tired to figure out who the hell it is. He also just woke up so he’s not positive where the hell he even is. He feels something very warm wrapped around him, but he’s not sure exactly what. He just knows that he is more comfortable than he’s probably ever been, and the last thing he’d ever want to do is get up.

Someone else, a voice coming from right behind him grumbles something, and Frank has to think for a moment before realizing it’s Gerard. He opens his eyes just enough to figure out that he’s in Gerard’s bed. That wakes him up a little more, but then he sighs in relief to see that he’s got all his clothes on, so he didn’t do something quite possibly very stupid last night.

“Go away,” Gerard mumbles into Frank’s back which doesn’t really do anything. For one thing, whoever’s on the other side of the door can’t actually hear Gerard, and for another, Frank’s figured out that the person on the other side of the door is Mikey, who is stubborn as fuck.

“Mikey!” Gerard yells drowsily, and Frank can tell that they push up from the spot on the bed, which makes Frank feel really cold all of a sudden. He groans feeling incredibly displeased, when Gerard starts to scoot off the bed, careful not to disturb Frank too much. Frank’s awake though, but apparently Gerard doesn’t want to bother him. He’s not nearly as comfortable though when Gerard’s body isn’t pressed up against his any longer.

Frank has to take this moment to become more bodily aware and he wriggles around for a second when he realizes he has a certain morning problem, that’s incredibly awkward for him to have while in Gerard’s bed. He hides said problem with a carefully placed duvet and a positioning on his side.

The room is dark until the door opens where it’s a lot brighter. Frank has to squint a little because his eyes are really sensitive this early. He sees Mikey’s frame only because it’s a dark silhouette against the bright hallway.

“What’ya want?” Gerard asks.

“I want to know why Frank is in your bed,” Mikey says.

“I’m not here,” Frank says, grabbing Gerard’s pillow and covering his head. He’s sleepy enough to believe that he’s actually covered, but not enough to believe that Mikey will have all of a sudden forgotten he’s there. His arms are literally holding the pillow above the covers though so it’s not like he’s actually hiding at all.

“Yeah, you’ve totally convinced me, Frank. Where ever could you have gone?” Mikey says, “But that brings me to my point. Why is Frank in your bed?”

“I was having a bad day,” Gerard says, “Frankie just stayed over to help me get through it.”

“’Frankie’?” Mikey asks, “Gross. You gave him a nickname.”

“Relax Mikey!” Frank mumbles, pulling the pillow away from his face, “We didn’t do anything, we just fell asleep!”

“We watched The Breakfast Club and ate cake,” Gerard says smiling, “and then we nodded off.”

“It’s still creepy that my roommate is in your bed,” Mikey says.

“No, what’s creepy is that you’re so overprotective that you had to come to my room to make sure I didn’t fuck him,” Gerard says.

“Probably would be the other way around,” Frank says quietly enough that he doubts they heard him.

“Gross, Frank,” Mikey says. Apparently they had heard him.

“What’s it matter to you what we do?” Gerard asks. “He’s my boyfriend.”

“He is?” Mikey asks.

“Um, duh,” Frank says, “What’d you think I was? The guy who just hangs around Gerard way too much and has a habit of sticking his tongue into their mouth?”

“I didn’t need the visual,” Mikey says, scrunching up his face.

“Well face it, Mikes,” Gerard shrugs.

“I’m not angry I just didn’t think you were at that stage yet, that’s all.”

“Well I wouldn’t be if Frank weren’t so fucking perfect,” Gerard replies.

“This is true, I am perfect,” Frank says.

“Way to be modest.”

“I never said I was modest.”

“He’s really pretty I wouldn’t expect him to be modest,” Gerard says. It makes Frank blush when Gerard says it though. He’s falling really hard. As in, really really really hard. Just thinking about Gerard right now is making his heart skip a beat.

Mikey rolls his eyes, “Well anyway, Gerard you need to talk to someone about your door. It’s really not okay that-”

“I’d rather not,” Gerard says.

“Well if you don’t than they can’t find who did it.”

“But maybe I don’t want to know who did it, okay? I know that it was just some, like, what was the term you used Frank?”

“Socialist, ass-faced, taint-breathed, monstrously imbecilic-brained piece of neglected sewer shit sitting in the sun with a giant sphincter face,” Frank says.

Gerard nods, “Yeah. That.”

“Frank, that’s a very colorful term,” Mikey says.

“It felt appropriate, given how much I would very like to hang this guy off a cliff by only his pinky toes.”

“I suggested no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing, until Frank reminded me that that’s from the book Holes which is way too good a book to describe such a piece of shit.”

Mikey nods slowly, like he’s trying to justify their conversation and then he says, “Well if you’re not going to talk to someone with the school about it than at least cover it up. If you have to see it then you might believe it’s true, and I just don’t want anyone to look past that when they walk by.”

“It’s my door, I can do what I want with it,” Gerard says.

“I think Mikey actually might be right, Gee.”

“You’re taking Mikey’s side on this?” Gerard asks.

“Well, I don’t like seeing that word, and you can’t like seeing that word, so my guess is that no one wants to see that word,” Frank says, “besides, Gerard, you’re a fantastic artist, just draw something really nice and put it outside your door to cover it up.”

“Yeah,” Mikey says, nodding. It truly is a weird day if Mikey and Frank agree with each other. Their friendship has been built on insult based humor and pretending they detest the very ground each other walks on. Now, in all honesty, Frank would take a bullet for Mikey, but he’d be really sarcastic and give Mikey shit about it if it actually happened, and assuming he survived.

“Don’t you have class?” Gerard asks.

“In like,” Mikey looks down at his watch, “ten minutes. I just had to check up on you when Frank didn’t come back.”

“Oh please, Gerard wouldn’t murder me,” Frank says and then winks, because they all know that that’s not what Mikey meant.

“No I would never murder Frank. There are some other things I might do, but-”

“Okay! Alright I got it,” Mikey says, “You want me to leave, so you’re grossing me out to get me to do so. Fine. You win, it worked.”

“Yay!” Frank says, raising a lazy arm victoriously. Gerard grins at Mikey as he rolls his eyes and starts to walk back down the hall, Gerard closing the door after him.

“You don’t have class do you?” Gerard asks when the door closes.

“I have one at noon, but that leaves us plenty of time to not get out of your bed and watch The Next Generation.”

“Why do you assume I’m just going to cuddle and watch Star Trek with you?” Gerard asks.

Frank lifts his head up out of the blankets enough to give Gerard a sideways expression that reads as, ‘seriously?’

“Alright, so you’re right, but let me have my pride,” Gerard says.

Frank grins, and rolls around for a moment, pulling his legs to his chest for Gerard to come over and sit by him, without figuring out that Frank still has a bit of a problem between his legs that he’s trying to figure out how he’s going to deal with.

“You’re really adorable, Frank.”

“Yeah I know,” Frank says, “get your laptop so that we can watch the stage lights glisten off of Patrick Stewart’s shiny head.”

“You’re insane,” Gerard states.

“Insanity is in these days.”

“No, I think it’s just you.”

“Ugh, just get your cute little aas over here and hug the shit out of me, because I’m cold,” Frank says.

Gerard laughs, grabbing his computer from his desk and then plopping down next to Frank.

“You’re bossy.”

“I know,” Frank says, grabbing a handful of Gerard’s hair and kissing the fuck out of them. Gerard sighs, but it’s the pleasant kind of sigh. The ‘go ahead, stick your tongue in my mouth, I’m perfectly okay with it’ kind of sigh.

“Has anyone ever told you you’re a good kisser?” Gerard asks.

“Haven’t kissed enough people to get feedback,” Frank admits.

“Then let me be the first to say you are a very good kisser.”

“You know, by saying that though, you’re making it hard for me to kiss you, because I can’t exactly make out with you while you’re talking, so really you’re just making it so mu-”

Gerard interrupts him. The obvious way. Frank sighs the same sigh Gerard had sighed when he’d sighed.

“Forget Captain Picard I’m just going to kiss you for the rest of my life,” Gerard says.

“That’s cool with me,” Frank replies.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the quickest I've updated this fic in a really long time. Yay!