Status: Please read my story! Fast updates I promise.

Cross My Heart Hope You Get Hit by a Bus

Chapter 4 : Dinner With the Sanders

“So? Is Mia coming tonight?” my mom asked over the phone.
I smiled , I still can’t believe she agreed. “Yeah mom. She agreed. We’ll probably be there around 9 , Mia works till 8”
“Yeah that’s fine. Dinner will be served at half past 9 so be there just before that”
“Okay fine. See you then mom”
“Yeah... oh Matt?”
“hm?”
“I’m glad you and Mia made peace.”
“Me too mom , me too”

To say I was nervous the whole day though , was an understatement.
I Mean , why wouldn’t I be? Mia-Andra Williams will be at my parent’s house. My dream girl will be at the house I grew up in and stole my father’s alcohol with my 4 crazy friends.
My front door slammed shut and snapped me out of my thoughts. “Yo , Matt!” I heard Zacky’s voice.
“In the kitchen” I yelled back and smirked when I saw him coming in. “Ever heard of knock?” sarcasm dripped from my every word.
“nah. Your house is my house. My house is your house. All that shit”
I laughed , “why you here?”
“Ellie is at work and I’m bored. When are we working in the studio again?”
“Larry called me earlier. He said from tomorrow and when the album’s finished we go on tour immediately”
“okay great man. So are you excited to have dinner with Mia tonight?”
I grinned , “yeah , I can’t believe she agreed”
“she loves your family”
My smile faded as soon as he said that. She loves my family. She loves them , not me. “yeah I know”
“what Matt?”
“it’s just... well I wish she felt the same way about me as I do her”
“You can’t expect that now. First you have to show her how much she Means to you”
I nodded and then decided to change the subject ; “you spend way too much time with Ellie”
He smirked “I know. That girl’s got me whipped”
“You actually admit it?” I laughed.
“Well duh. Mia’s got you whipped and you’re not even dating”
“she doesn’t have me whipped”
“Oh really man? When was the last time you dated , or had sex for that matter , with a girl?”
I couldn’t answer. It was between 3 weeks to a month since the last time I even looked at a girl.
“exactly”

---------------------------------------------------------------
It was already past 8 when I decided to give Bella food , and then hurried upstairs to my room for a shower. When I was finished washing my body , I wrapped a towel around my lower half and sprayed on Axe and deoderant. I grabbed a jean and a white Volcom shirt and put my stuts in.
I was finally finished and I quickly checked the time on my cellphone. It read 8:10pm so I quickly made a new text message to Mia.
To : Mia 8:11
Just let me know when I can come get you xx
She replied within minutes and her answer made me smile
From : Mia 8:13
I’m done. Was just sending you a text but you beat me to it. :)

I took a deep breath when I reached Mia’s house. I knocked nervously and then smiled as soon as she opened the door. She smiled brightly.
“Hey” she greeted me , with a smile that can make any guy’s knees weaken. Especially mine.
“Hey , you look gorgeous”
“Thanks. You don’t look too bad yourself” I chuckled and asked if she was ready to go in which she nodded her head at. I decided to come with my Range Rover since I don’t want to embarrass her by coming with the truck , although Jimmy told me that Mia actually loves our beat up trucks and is not one for fancy stuff. I liked her even more – if it was possible.
Our drive to my parent’s house , that was almost an hour away , was entertaining. Mia talked the whole way through and half time she realized and blushed deeply red. Telling me sorry the whole time. I laughed and brushed it off , finding it amusing.
We reached my parent’s house and I quickly got out of the vehicle and opened it up for Mia. “Matt Sanders , you are a gentleman” she grinned. I shrugged and chuckled softly , almost saying ‘only for you’
We walked to the front door , and I knocked loudly. Within 10 seconds my dad opened the door with a smile. “well hallo Mia , don’t you look pretty! We’ve missed you” he gave Mia a hug and then turned to me , his smile fading slightly. “Son” he acknowledged me , I felt slightly hurt by his changing demeanour but didn’t let it show. “hi dad” I held out my hand for him to shake it but he just eyed it.
Mia noticed this and took my hand in hers , giving it a squeeze. I shrugged my dad off knowing there’s no point in being hurt about someone’s actions , who hates you.
We walked in and my mom came out with a smile on her face. “Mia baby! It’s so good to see you again. How’ve you been?”
“I’ve been great Mrs Sanders , how are you?”
“Oh excellent! And Matthew , give your old mama a hug”
At least my mom still loved me. I obeyed her demands and hugged her before she hugged Mia and playfully scolded her for calling her “Mrs+ Sanders”
“Now come on kids , food is almost ready. Matt , get us something to drink”
I nodded , “okay” even with 26 years of age , I still obey my mom’s demands.
I quickly asked what the three of them wanted. Mia asked simply for some apple juice since she doesn’t drink as much , mom asked for a winecooler and my dad grunted for beer.
I grabbed myself a beer after giving everyone what they asked for and then sat down on the couch with my dad while Mia helped out in the kitchen.
“so how did you get her to forgive you?” my dad curtly asked. I sigh softly “I apologised”
He smirked sarcastically , “I can’t believe she’d forgive you. She’s a doctor , she’s smarter than that”
“Not everybody holds grudges like you”
I knew I shouldn’t have said that , my dad’s eyes darkened and the vein in his neck was beginning to pop.
“Don’t start with me Matthew. You know damn well why , and it’s your fault. Do not get snappy with me , I am still your father”
I inwardly rolled my eyes knowing I shouldn’t make a scene with my mom and Mia in the other room. My mom didn’t deserve me and my dad grabbing each other’s throats and I didn’t want to embarrass myself in front of Mia.
Mia came out of the kitchen a few seconds later with a smile on her face causing my dad and I to smile.
“Miss---“ she cut herself off , “Kim says dinner is ready and you should come”
My dad and I stood up and walked into the kitchen , trailing behind Mia.
I held out a chair for Mia and my gave me a surprised look. I grinned in response and sat down in my own when Mia was seated. We quickly prayed , since my mom is religious and then started packing in food. Or well , I was.
“The food is delicious Kim” Mia responded after eating a bite of my mom’s famous sweet curry chicken.
My mom smiled brightly , “aw well thank you honey. I will make sure to give you the recipe one day”
Mia laughed softly , “I will appreciate that”
“When is Amy coming mom?” I asked
“Oh , she called minutes before you arrived. She’s coming to visit tomorrow. She says she can’t wait to see Mia so I suggest you two be here tomorrow evening”
My eyes widened , my mom keeps on inviting Mia over. Not that I’m complaining but what if Mia thinks I told my parents we’re dating or something? No , that can’t be. She would’ve cornered me about it. But what if she gets the wrong idea? Okay so I do love her , I’m falling more and more each d---
“I would love to come. If it’s alright with Matt and you guys”
Mia cut me off from the rambling debate I had on going with myself , and I almost chocked on my food. Almost
“Of course it’s fine with us honey” my dad said
She smiled and then turned to look at me , I grinned “I’m not complaining”
“Ooh , okay then it’s settled. You two are having dinner here tomorrow night as well. Mia when do you get off from work?”
“I don’t know for sure. I will check tomorrow and then tell Matt”
My mom nodded and grinned , and then we all continued with our Meal.
Shortly after dinner , my mom quickly packed away the dishes into the dishwasher and playfully scolded Mia when she tried to help. Mia smiled softly and I led her into the living room. Mom’s orders.
Mom said she’ll quickly pack the dishes away and then she’ll have the dessert ready. I took Mia into the living room and asked if she wanted to drink anything. When she declined I sat down on the stool next to her.
“Sorry for being forward earlier. About coming to dinner tomorrow” she told me.
I smiled “No. No. I’m happy. There’s no need to be sorry Mia”
She smiled “okay. Thanks. I really enjoy tonight”
“Me too”
Just then Mom came out of the kitchen and handed me , Mia and Dad a bowl of chocolate fountain cake with ice cream.
The rest of the night went smoothly , at 11o’clock Mia and I left.
I reached Mia’s house , and both of us climbed out before i walked her to the front porch. Trying to be the gentleman I have never been, afterall she deserves it.
“Thanks for tonight , I had fun” she spoke up. I grinned and kissed her cheek “i had fun too. Thanks for agreeing to come”
“Anytime. I look forward to tomorrow”
I smiled “I do too. Amy can’t wait to see you. Heaven knows my family love you more than they love me”
She laughed but then turned serious
“Do you want to come in? I swear.. not like that you know just to drink coffee with me. Gena is probably sleeping already and I’m not yet in the mood to be alone” she continued with her rambling.
I laughed ;
“Yeah , that’ll be great”
She smiled and motioned for me to walk in before she did. She quickly shut and locked the door and both of us walked into the kitchen.
“I don’t Mean to invade and fish out or anything. I’m a naturally nosy person.. uhm what went down with you and your dad?”
I smiled “you’re not nosy. Well my dad and I always had a very complicated relationship and well.. when I decided to not go to college he practically disowned me. But he kept it to himself , because my mom was full on supporting me. Well there was this high maintanance people that my dad wanted to impress one day. I was 19 , we were just on our first tour and my dad practically forced me to come to dinner with those people. I did , and when the guy asked me what major I’m doing in college , I told him that I’m not in college. The rest of the night was awkward and then when they left my dad... well my dad jumped me. He almost suffocated me if my mom and Amy didn’t cut in. After that my dad hasn’t had a civil word to say to me.”
Mia frowned deeply and hugged me tight.
“There’s no words to say. Except ‘I’m sorry’ but a hug always makes everything better” she said and then giggled slightly. “I just quote James Dean”
I laughed and kissed her forehead ; “Thanks Mia”
“Don’t sweat it. Well we have known each other for other 7 years and I don’t know a lot about you. So tell me who Matt Sanders is”
I chuckled. “Well I was born and raised in Cali. Music has always been my passion. My dad hates me. I have a sister and my grandma Mary is my role model. My favorite color is white and I hate it when people call me cute because of my dimples.”
Mia grinned , and I told her to tell me about her.
“hmm okay. I was born and raised in Maryland. I have always wanted to become a surgeon. My favorite show is Grey’s Anatomy , no surprise there. I have a dad whom I haven’t spoken to in 4 years. My mom died when I was 8. I have a brother , Vince , whom I’m close to. He lives in Ohio with his wife and son. My favorite colour is baby blue”
I grinned , and shook my head.
“what?”
“Well we get along so well. I was stupid to treated you the way I did. We are going to be great friends”
She smiled “we already are”