Status: Please read my story! Fast updates I promise.

Cross My Heart Hope You Get Hit by a Bus

Chapter 5 : Is she your girlfriend?

“so how was dinner last night?” Jimmy asked , bouncing up and down from the chair in my living room. He , Brian and Johnny decided to come and “hang out” at my place. Zacky was with Ellie at her parent’s house.
Usually when my friends come and hang at my house , they unlock the door with the extra key , why I told them only I know , and then rage my fridge for food and beer.
“Amazing. My dad was a dick but what’s new. My parents absolutely love Mia and Mia them.”
“Dude , we already knew that. What happened with you two?”
Shaking my head , I spoke ; “nothing. After dinner we hung out with my parents till around 11o’clock. Then Mia invited me into her house and we talked about ourselves and stuff. We’re closer now than ever”
“I’m happy man. Just don’t hurt her. And if one day you two date and go into a relationship , please don’t screw it up” Jimmy , being Mia’s best friend , warned.
“I won’t. I swear”
“Okay. Well it’s 1o’clock and I’m hungry. So let’s go eat something”

*****************************************
“Hmm that was one amazing Meal” Jimmy dreamily added after our lunch at Burger King.
Brian chuckled “ah I am still hungry”
“You sound like Zacky now”
I laughed at Johnny’s comment and agreed. That did sound like ZV.
“Jim that chick over there keeps eyefucking you” Brian said.
Jimmy followed Bri’s direction and smirked when he saw what Bri Meant. The girl kept staring back at Jimmy , and she wasn’t ugly... at all
“Go over to her man” Johnny said.
Jimmy nodded and walked over to her. Her smile seemed to brighten when Jimmy approached her.
“Aw man I hope he doesn’t fuck up” Brian smirked
“Doesn’t seem like it. Oh fuck they are coming this way” I said.
Jimmy and the unknown blonde walked hand in hand to us.
“ahh okay Leana this is Matt , Brian and Johnny. Sadly , the rest ain’t here. Y’know Zacky and the girls but you will meet them tomorrow at the party at Brian’s house”
“You invited her?”
“Yeah man. The girls will love her”
“So Leana , what do you do for a living?”
“I’m an surgical intern. I just moved here from Tennessee and now I’m looking for a job”
Brian grinned “well our friend Mia-Andra , I’m sure you’ve heard from her”
By that she nodded her head
“Well she’s like the best surgeon in Huntington. She’s got 2 awards for the best neuro surgeon. She works at Huntington and I’m sure she can pull some strings”
“Oh well that’s great.” She said , smiling brightly.
“yeah come on let’s go! Let’s go see” Jimmy said excitedly.
The 5 of us drove to the hospital and quickly entered. We walked to the front reception and asked for Mia.
“Doctor Williams is currently in surgery. But according to the board she will be out in 5 minutes and then you can see her. Please wait in the waiting room” the receptionist said with a chirpy voice.
I nodded “thanks”
Mia came out approximately 5 minutes later , looking tired.
“Oh Dr Williams , there’s 5 people waiting for you in the waiting room” Mia turned and smiled when she saw us.
“Okay thanks Tia”
She walked over to us and grinned ;
“aww this is a surprise.”
She hugged us all and quickly introduced herself to Leana.
“What are you doing here?”
“Well” Jimmy stretched out , “you see Leana here is an intern and she currently moved from Tennessee and she’s looking for a job”
“uhm okay look Leana I get off work at 7 and I have another scheduled surgery in an hour. But I will get you some application forms and then I will ask my Chief if I could have you for like a week learning.”
“You’re specialising in neuro right?” Leana asked.
“Yes. What are you interested in?”
“Neuro” she laughed. “okay thanks Mia-Andra that will be great”
“Okay. And call me Mia.”
Leana smiled.
“Alrighty guys. I need to go now but thanks for the pop in.” Mia grinned.
“Yessir Milly-Mia. I missed my bestie” Jimmy said hugging her tightly. Mia laughed and hugged Brian and Leana.
“I’ll see you tomorrow at the party and I’ll see you tonight” she directed her attention to me.
I smiled ; “I’ll pick you up half past 8”
“Okay great. Bye guys” she waved and walked back to where she came from.
“Doesn’t Mia look hot in scrubs and a white jacket?” I asked out loud.
I was oblivious to the fact that I said it until Brian and Jimmy started cackling.
“Dude” Brian started
I snapped out of it and my eyes turned wide. “Please tell me I didn’t say it out loud?”
“Yah did. But we all know you think so” Jimmy laughed.
“Oh so she’s your girlfriend?” Leana asked.
I shook my head , “no. I wish”
“Sure looks like it”
Did it really?

********************************************
It was 8:15 and I just got off the phone with my mom to confirm tonight’s plans. I was pretty stoked to be spending 2 nights in a row with Mia. My phone vibrated and I quickly checked the message.
FROM MIA 8:16
I’m finished getting ready for tonight if you wanna come over?
I grinned brightly. My heart jumped for joy as I re-read the message. I quickly texted back :
TO MIA : 8:18
Yeah sure. Be right there x
I grinned and quickly locked the front door and drove off to Mia’s house. Once I reached her house I locked my car door and walked up to her front door. I knocked.
Seconds later the door flung open and revealed Mia. She smiled and told me to come in. I obeyed her and we sat down in the living room.
“So how did Jim end up with Leana today?” Mia laughed. I quickly joined in and started telling her the whole story about how they met.
Mia laughed “typical Jim. And he already looks for a job for her”
I laughed ; “I sure hopes she’s not just in for who he is”
“It doesn’t look that way. Is she invited to the party tomorrow?”
“Yeah” I laughed “Jim didn’t know her 2 minutes and she was already a friend”
“That’s Jimmy for ya”
I laughed and checked my watch. “We should probably leave now”
She nodded “okay. Let’s go”
“so where’s Gena?” I asked when we were already on the streets.
“Probably with Brian. I don’t know what’s up with them but it sure seems like something’s brewing”
I chuckled “well not to sound all girly but they’re cute”
Mia laughed out loud , throwing her head back. I chuckled confused , not sure what was so funny.
Mia calmed down and blushed deeply ; “sorry it’s just... you said “all girly” and.. I don’t really know what’s so funny it’s just funny”
It was my turn to laugh loudly , “shit happens”
We reached my parents’ house and I quickly drove up to the driveway and parked my Range Rover. I hopped out and opened the door for Mia and then both of us walked to the front door.
I knocked , and the door opened not even split seconds later. Amy grinned at both of us but hugged Mia tightly.
“Aw I missed you so much Miali” she squealed. Mia laughed and repeated her words.
“Oh so no ‘hi Matt?’” I teased. Amy rolled her eyes payfully and turned to me. “Hallo huge brother” she hugged me.
“Well come on in”
We obeyed and walked into the house that was filled to the brim with family.
“Geez mom I thought only Amy was coming”
My mom laughed “no. I invited family as well. Go say hi and introduce them to Mia” she scolded after hugging Mia tightly.
“yes ma’am”
Mia and I talked to family for probably 2 hours straight and when Mia was in the kitchen with Amy and Mom , my cousins Rickus and Mark came straight to me. They are both 18 years old and admires the ground I walk on.
“She’s gorgeous man” Rickus grinned.
I smiled “yeah I know”
“Is she your girlfriend?”
“Nah. Just a good friend”
Mark laughed ; “yeah well if she’s not your girlfriend yet she sure is gonna be someday”
I looked at him confused , “what do you Mean?”
“I Mean man. I might only be 18 but I can see when two people are totally in love with each other”
I let Mark’s words sink in. Amy and Mia came out of the kitchen and announced that the food is ready. I stared at her while she talked to my aunt Ruth. I really do hope that one day she will be called my girl.

The whole evening was perfect. My entire family from my mom’s side adored Mia. Maybe someday my dad’s family will meet her. Although they are just like dad and hate me , they will love Mia.
Who wouldn’t , I Mean?
• She’s gorgeous
• She’s polite
• She’s funny
• She has an amazing personality
• She can talk to people
• And she’s a surgeon
They would be crazy not to like her. Mia’s just that person – you’d be crazy out of your mind if you can’t like her. But , do not at any attempt try to like her the way I like her then i would have to kill you.
So it’s settled , I am falling more and more in love with Mia-Andra Williams everyday and if Mark’s words are true :
Mia-Andra Williams might like me too.