Status: ONE SHOT!

Soulmate

Love ; hurt ; forgiveness

They were inseperable since the day they met. Although their relationship was simply friendship based , everyone knew that one day they would be a couple and a incredible one at that.
In their senior year , Brian developed some feelings for his best girl friend but it wasn’t until Senior prom that he got balls to do something about it.
Well , he wouldn’t have done anything if it wasn’t for his best friends calling him a whipped lozer because he couldn’t get the words out that might change his life forever.
He had asked Reena to be his date for the prom , he had a plan and it was already arranged. At prom , he and his band that was formed by him , Matt Sanders , Johnny Seward , Jimmy Sullivan and Zacky Baker , was going to sing a song.
One that Brian wrote for Reena. Matt had sung it with his deep voice and Reena was speechless.
After the song had ended she ran up the stage and threw herself at Brian , kissing him in front of the whole school that had shit eating grins on their faces.
They were the it couple. They stayed the it couple until a few months ago. Then , everything went down the hill :
“That’s what you’re wearing?” he asked with disgust as she stood in their room , showing off her new polka dot dress that she bought while shopping with Val – Matt’s wife.
“I-I thought it was cute”
He rolled his eyes and muttered a ‘of course you did’ while looking her up and down with a hateful disgusted look on his face.
“Fine , wear that. I don’t care. It’s not I that will look like a fucking idiot”
She bit down on her lip to prevent her from breaking down and then receiving some backslash for being a wimp.
“I-I can change?”
He grabbed his leather jacket and yelled out a ‘too late’ before walking back downstairs. Once he got there he yelled for her to come and then proceeded to open the garage and pulling the car out to the driveway.
She took a deep breath and glanced at herself in the mirror once again. She really thought she looked nice.
She walked downstairs and picked up her handbag before walking out and locking the front door.
She hopped into Brian’s car and together they drove off to the restaurant where they were meeting Matt ; Val , Zack ; Gena , Johnny and Lacey and Jimmy and Leana.
When they stopped , she saw Matt’s car and Johnny’s car was parked , so she knew the others were on their way or late.
“Just , don’t be an annoying bitch today.” Brian begged her. She gasped silently but nodded. When has she ever been an annoying bitch?
****
After the dinner , Brian had a little too much to drink and although Reena begged and pleaded for him to let her drive the car , he refused and yelled at her that he was fine and she should just quit being annoying.
While screaming weighted words to her , the alcohol overtook his brain and he didn’t even see other car driving face to face to him. He swerved out.
The car tumbled down on the slightly wet road due to the raining from earlier and everything went black.

“Brian..”
“Brian , Bri wake up man”
He woke up with a headache as he looked around.
He didn’t recognise the room , and he was growing tired of the beeping sound.
Where was he?
“where...” his voice was dry and gravely , “am I?”
He looked at the voice speaking. It was Jimmy.
“You’re in the hospital. You and Ree were in a car accident”
He managed to get a glass of water situated on his bedside table.
“Is... Is she okay?”
Jimmy’s face turned sympathetic. Sorrow overtook his facial expression.
“n-no man” Jim’s voice broke , “Reen... Ree – she’s dead man”
Brian’s heart dropped. She’s dead?
His last words to her was that she was an annoying bitch and she was nothing special... whatsoever?
Now , she’s dead and he can’t take it back? He can’t say he’s sorry because he is. Very much so.
“Ree... my Ree? She’s dead?” he cried. Jimmy , with tears in his eyes , nodded and hugged the broken man.
“I-I killed her? I drove and now she’s dead?”
“You didn’t kill her Brian”
“I-I-I did. She s-said... she said that she should drive. I-I was drunk.. I-I shouldn’t have drove. R-Reena is dead because of me Jimmy!”
“No! No , don’t think that – don’t say that for fucks sakes Brian!”
He fell quiet after that , if you listened carefully you could hear both breathing. The room was quiet , all that made a noise was the maschine beeping.
“She shouldn’t have stayed” Brian muttered after a while of silence
“what?”
“Reena. She shouldn’t have stayed. I was horrible – called her names , told her she’s worthless. I was horrible and she shouldn’t have stayed. She should have left. She should have left to find a guy that treated her with respect. God Jim , I loved her more than fucking life. She’s perfect. That’s—that’s why I did what I did. That’s why I called her names , I was afraid she’d realize how perfect she is and how much of a lowlife rockstar I am. She deserved better than me and now she’s dead”
“She loved you too Bri. She loved you so much”
Brian cried like he has never done before. He sobbed , and wailed and cried.
What now?
What will he do now?
If only he cared more
If only he smiled more
If only he laughed more
If only he gave her compliments because God she’s gorgeous.
If only he showed her how much she meant to him
If only he told her he loved her.

**********
“Brian... Brian , wake up man”
Brian woke up slowly , his head throbbing.
“what?” he asked groggily , his eyes barely opened.
“You were in a car accident man. You’re fine now. Come on wake up”
Brian woke up abrubtly , he ignored his throbbing headache and immediately asked the person speaking : Jimmy.
“Where’s Reena? Is Reena okay?” he feared the answer , knowing that the messed up dream’s answer to that question was horrible.
“Reena is fine. Few bruises and a concussion. Same as you. You were lucky”
“Ree is fine?” Brian chocked out , relieve and shock evident in his wavering voice.
“Yeah man. Ree is fine. She’s already awake and the doctor said she could leave. Well , you as well but you fucking didn’t want to wake up.”
Brian nodded and smiled brightly. His Ree was fine.
In his dream she was dead
But , reality she’s fucking fine.
Or? Was this the dream and that was reality?
He was confused but one thing was for sure : now he was going to make it up to Reena. Whether this was a dream , or reality : he was going to make Reena love him again.
“Can I see her?” he asked Jimmy. Jimmy nodded and told him that the doctor already released him but he was sleeping to peacefully to wake up.
Yeah fucking right. He wasn’t sleeping peacefully : he was having a nightmare.
He stood up with shaky legs and walked to where Reena was. She was sitting next to Val and Gena , laughing slightly.
Brian watched her while she laughed along with her best friends : God , she’s amazingly beautiful.
“Reen?” he asked softly. “You’re okay right?”
She nodded with a hesitant smile , “I’m fine. You?”
Brian swallowed , “I’m good. Uhm? Can I... please talk to you alone?”
She nodded and with the help of Matt , she walked into the room followed by Brian.
“I love you” he blurted out. “I-I don’t want to lose you. I really fucking don’t. I’m an ass , I have been for fucking too long and I’m sorry. I’m so sorry and I’ll understand if you never want to see me again , if you want me to leave. I’ll understand if you hate me. I-I hate me too. I hate myself so much for treating you like shit. You don’t deserve it and I’m so fucking sorry it took you dying in a messed up dream to realize that but i love you. I’ve always loved you and baby believe me when i tell you that it’s not your fault I did what I did. I said what I said. It’s my fault. Only mine”
Reena cried and all Brian wanted to was hug her but he didn’t know how she’d react.
“I love you too Brian. I’ll never understand why you treated me that way but I managed to forgive you – I don’t know when and I don’t know how but I forgave you. I love you , I love you so much and I want to spend my life with you. I’ve wanted to spend my life with you since high school.”
Brian kneeled down in front of her , “baby... will you please give me another chance to prove to you that I’ve changed? The car crash saved me babe. It saved me from losing the only girl I have ever loved. Baby give me another chance please”
She nodded with tears streaming down her face , “one chance. One more chance”
He grinned and kissed her with all his might. The kiss was mixed with passion , love and happiness.
He put all his emotions into the kiss and grinned against her lips when he felt the magic coming from her aswell.
One more chance is all he got left
And he will use that chance wisely.
Reena Williams gave him another chance to make up for the hurt he has caused and he is planning to do whatever it takes to make sure she doesn’t regret it.
One more chance. One last chance.