Status: DONE

I Do

ONLY ONE

“Tell her today Paul. Or I swear to God I will”
“Baby , come on we’re going to be late”
I whined to my girlfriend of 4 years. She laughed and threw her shirt at me.
“Paulus Carlos DiGiovanni , we are not going to be late. We still have like 2 hours left so be a good boy and watch TV”
I grinned ; “there’s nothing on TV”
“Then sleep”
“Not tired”
“Then just do something”
I laughed and jumped on the bed , folding my arms behind my head and watched her change.
“Why I love you Paul , is a mystery”
I laughed and gave her a lot of kisses
“I love you more princess”
“Man please. Don’t make me tell her”
“Paul” Madri sobbed , “what are you doing?”
Tears ran down my face as I stared at her beautiful face. People were staring at us in awe.
“Baby , you are my world. The only girl I have ever loved. I need you and I want you forever in my life. Will you please make me the happiest guy in this world and marry me?”
She sobbed louder , her familiar dimples popping out as a smile broke out on her gorgeous face.
“Yes” she whispered
“Baby you need to please speak up” I laughed nervously.
“Yes!! Paulie yes I will marry you”
I beamed uberly bright and engulfed her in a hug. I kissed her as if my life depended on it.
“I love you Paulie”
“I love you too Mads”
“Paul you can’t keep this from her”
“I fucked up Alex” I sobbed
Alex gave me a look , “what happened?”
“It was a mistake” I cried , “I was angry and she was there. I was drunk. I wasn’t thinking and I.... I slept with her. Then I went fucking back to Madri and cuddled with her and acted like nothing happened”
“When did this happen?” Alex asked , he was beyond livid. Madri is his best friend.
“I...”
“When Paul?”
“Last week. After Justin’s birthday”
“and also just 2 weeks after you fucking got engaged Paul”
“I messed up” I said weakily.
“you will fucking roe that day DiGiovanni”
“Lex please I’ll do anything. Just don’t make me tell her. Don’t make me lose her”
“You are gonna lose her , the truth always comes out Paul”
***
It has been a month since Alex gave me that ultimatum. My wedding day was in exactly an half an hour.
Any guy is nervous when he gets married. But I was more nervous for what could happen. I don’t know if Alex will live up to his promises and tell her.
“It’s time man” I heard John’s voice behind me. He grinned at me and I forced a smile.
“You ready?” Martin asked
I nodded , “she’s the love of my life”
We walked out and I smiled and greeted the people sitting in the curch. I made my way to the front and stood nervously waiting for my girl to walk in.
Finally , it was time. The orchan started playing and the people stood up. My beautiful Madri came in after her bridesmaids. I couldn’t help but smile brightly at the sight of her.
I was marrying my best friend.
“We are gathered here today for the eternal promise to love between Paulus Carlos DiGiovanni and Madrina Elisabeth Waldorf.”
“Paul , do you take Madri to be your lawfully wedded wife and soulmate? To love and cherish her forever? In sickness and in he—“
“NO stop! Paul tell her now. Or I will” Alex’s voice boomed through the church.
Of course the guests were all gasping and whispering to each other.
Madri frowned confused at me , “what’s going on?”
“Tell Mads right now Paul”
“Tell me what Paul , what’s going on?”
I shook my head and I guess that sent Alex over the edge.
“Paul cheated on you.”
“Paul?” she whispered. I swallowed the lump in my throat and tried to keep the tears at bay.
“Mads. Baby pl-please”
“Is it true?” she cried
“Madri please don’t”
“Tell me! Is it true?”
I nodded after a few seconds of hesitating.
She finally looked around and realized that we were arguing in the church. She stormed out , crying her heart out.
I started following but Alex stopped me. I growled at him and punched him before running out to find Madri sitting outside the church. Crying.
“Mads” I started.
“It’s over Paul. I’m done. Sorry I can’t do it anymore”
“Mads please—“
“It’s over. Goodbye Paul”
“But-“
“I loved you every step of the way. But it’s over. I need trust and I don’t have it anymore.”
“Madri please , I love you. It was a mistake. A big mistake that I will never make again. I love you so much Madri”
She cried even harder and bent down to look me in the eyes. With shaky hands she slipped off the engagement ring I gave her and kissed me on my cheek.
“Goodbye Paul” she whispered and walked away from the church.
From my life.