Status: Thank you for reading!

How Do I Paint the Moon Black?

A one shot

2 months.
That’s how long this has been going on.
2 months.
A mistake. That’s what this is.
A mistake.
But how do I fix it? How do I make this go away? Can I even fix it? Can I even make it go away?
I have been cheating on my super amazing girlfriend of 4 years for 2 months. The only person that knows about this except for me and the girl I cheat on Bridgette with is her best friend.
And guess what?
She’s threatning to tell Bridge.
Oh how I can’t let that happen. Bridgette will surely leave me , and I don’t think I can live without her.
While we’re only 18 , I know I found my soulmate. The girl I want to spend my whole life with and I messed up , I know. But that doesn’t mean that I love Bridgette less , no. It only makes me love Bridge more. I can’t lose her. I cannot loose her.
It was a typical Friday night , me , Bridgette , Jo-Anne , Ross , Michael , Drew and Carlos was at a party thrown by some guy in our school , and since we were the popular kids he invited us even though I have never spoken to the guy my whole life. Anyway , Bridgette was sitting on my lap , talking to a girl from school while I was screwing around with my phone.
And it happened in literally 5 seconds.
All colour drained
Slow-motion
Echo of a slap
Bridgette standing up
Music turned down
Gasps and silence
It happened. She found out. Bridgette found out. It happened.
Fuck.
“tell her! Or else I will!!” Carley Johanson , the girl I’ve cheated on Bridgette with , screamed. She and Bridgette’s best friend , Jo-Anne , stood in front of me. Bridgette stood up from my lap with a frown , “babe? Harry what’s going on?”
I slowly stood up , looking at Bridgette the whole time. My eyes were pleading , my mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water. “baby..just-“ I started. “tell me what you did Harry” she whispered.
I shook my head and almost started crying. “I can’t” I whispered , afraid my voice will break. “Tell her Harry , or I swear to God I will make you regret ever doing this”
“doing what?” Bridgette yelled , her voice plastered with confusion and pain.
“Harry has to tell you” Jo-Anne yelled back , “tell her Harry” she screamed louder.
“I can’t” I screamed back. It was screaming everywhere , the 4 of us were in our own little world while the other party people looked on , just trying to get to the point exactly like Bridgette.
“Harry slept with me!” Carley screamed.
All the noise died down , the faces blurred out. I was spinning in my own world. It just happened , the day I’ve feared for 2 months just ... happened.
I came back to earth with a hand colliding with my cheek. I felt nauscious when I saw it was Bridgette who slapped me.
“Bridge... baby I can exp-“
“how long has this been going on?” she cut me off , her eyes filled with angry tears.
“I’m sorry”
“how long?”
“just listen to me...”
“how long?” she screamed harder , startling me and the other people.
“2 months” I whispered , looking down at my feet. I wanted to puke. No jokes. I felt sick.
After a while of not saying anything , I looked up with begging eyes at Bridgette. “Bridgette please , just hear me out. I’m so sorry. I know nothing I do will make it better but please tell me how I can fix this , I’ll do anything. I love you so much , just give me a chance to make things better”
“It’s over Harry. We’re done.” She said to me and unclasped the necklace I gave her for our 1 year anniversary. Instead of throwing it in my face or slamming it onto the table , she gave it to a trembling Carley.
“Here , have this. Now you guys can finally become official. I hope you’re very happy together” she said through gritted teeth and then stormed out. Jo-Anne following her.
My best friend , Michael , came up to me. “what the fuck is wrong with you man?”
I slumped down in my seat , tears glazing my eyes “I’m a fuck up. That’s what’s wrong with me. I am a fucking fuck up”
“Just let her calm down. Then go talk to her. Like tomorrow or something”
I nodded , “yeah I’ll do that” but I knew it was no use.
I just lost the best thing that has ever happened to me.
And I know. There’s no way of making this better.
I lost her.
I lost my soulmate.