Status: Finished

A Hero Can Save Us

Show me what it's like to be the last one standing

He stood at the pit , his hands folded into his jeans. A look of despair crossed his already defeated face as he stared at the many broken bodies covered in blood and bullet wounds.
No man knows how it feels – to watch your brothers die in a epic blood war. Their lives literally flashes before their eyes and with one pleading look they breathe out their last breath.
Why he’s still alive – only God can tell – he knows for certain that he does not deserve to still walk this grounds of the sandy beach. He has killed men , with no mercy whatsoever. He has a feeling of pride when he sees his enemies fall to their knees , yelling out a sound of pain before their eyes flutter close and blood drowns their tired bodies.
But he has told himself – over and over and over again – that they deserved to die. He doesn’t have a reason for his theory but he sticks by it. The only thing he knows is that they have tortured – killed his brothers. The guys that helped him overcome this war , and now it’s payback.
What will his family think? He only killed people in cold blood to save them. He executed people without even flinching for them – to save them. To make this world a better place.
He has told his crew that once they are fighting a war – once they are signed up as a marine – nothing can take it away from them. Once they are signed up as the heroes of the world , they will die heroes of the world.
Once a marine , always a marine.
While standing at the pit , watching the lifeless bodies of the once proud soldiers , he realizes that even though some people will think he’s a disgrace – he is a hero.
He knows that a part of the world he is trying to save will salute him for being their hero , and that another part of the broken world will try to forget about his existence – he will stay a hero.
Afterall , only a hero can save the world.
Only a hero will risk his life to help people he doesn’t even know.
He’s a marine.
He fought a war
He saw his brothers fall to their deaths
He’s a hero , and he God damn knows it.