Status: Finished ; Sequel coming!

Where I Want to Be

Chapter 5

It’s been days since Kar forgave me , and it’s been a great few days with lots of sex. LOTS.
Tanya was coming today , and while I love having Tan around for Kari’s behalf I was bummed because I knew I would see her less than I already do.
I was sitting , working , in my office on some case we’re working on when Johnny barged in with a urgent look. “Matt , we’ve got a problem”
I stood up immediately and followed Johnny out of the room into the surveillance room where Zacky and the rest of team along with the Berry’s brothers , Good Charlotte ; Metallica ; Panther ; Slipknot and Atreyu was sitting in the restricted room.
“What’s going on?” I asked once I walked in , “why was I the last one to be informed?”
Joel Madden , leader of GC , spoke first ignoring my accusation.
“Shads , last year there was an informant asking GC to kill a man. His name was Martinez Lopez , and the man asking to kill him was Greg Sikes. He’s in the black mafia specialising in black ops. We have reason to believe he was murdered for ordering the hit on Lopez”
“What’s the reason?”
“His friend , she came to GC demanding us to look into casefiles. Of course we refused until she flashed a badge. She’s CIA man and she’s threatening to take GC down if we don’t co-operate”
“Go on Madden” I demanded. Joel sigh “man , we killed Lopez , we didn’t do background check. He was a wanted by Mossad Angency in Israel , and now.. well they are ordering a hit on GC”
“How the fuck did you get yourself into this Joel?” I asked , my question was rhetorical. Joel shrugged .
“GC needs all of your help. And I know you might not like it Shads but he’s going after everyone in the mob business’s soft spot”
“Which is?” I inquired
“Karina”
Silence
Utterly silence as we all stared in shock. I took a deep breath before punching the nearest thing which was a wall.
“Matt-“ Alex Verkatzas from Atreyu started.
“Fuck you Madden! Why the fuck don’t you do homework before follow up?” I screamed.
“Matt , it was a quickie. I’m sorry but we will all do everything in our power to make sure she’s okay”
“I need a lot of men to go with her to the airport. She’s picking up her best friend. Meanwhile we’re going to figure out what to do. I swear Madden you owe me”
“Yah.” He whispered and let out a huge sigh.
“Gates bring me 8 of our best men , then all of you go to your specified rooms , figuring this out. Pack a bag , you’re staying here”

***
We have been trying to track down the CIA agent , we believe she has not said a word about the hit so she might be a dirty agent. Zacky is busy running all video surveillanes GC picked up while I was ordering weapons.
Brian and the Atreyu guys were sniffing around Lopez and Sikes’ personal backgrounds and the rest of the guys were on protection detail with Kari.
Speaking of , a very pissed off Kari barged into the room and I instantly knew I was in trouble. Why? Because she has NEVER stepped a foot into this room.
“Matthew Charles fucking Sanders” she never curse , “enlighten me why I got to my car , and oh there were 13 guys waiting for me?”
Some of the guys chuckled I sent them a glare as I kissed my girlfriend’s head. “Babe something came up. I’m not at liberty to speak to you about it so just go along with the protection okay?”
“I’m going to the airport Matt , there’s a lot of security”
“I don’t care Karina. Please just listen to me on this okay? I swear you can punish me all you want later”
“That sounded dirty Shads” Brian laughed
I chuckled and then looked at Kari again , “fine..Don’t use my full name again”
I laughed and kissed her lips , “thanks babe”
She nodded and said bye to the rest before walking out of the room.

**
It’s been two days since Tanya arrived and I was still a little in the dog box with Kari. Not because of the airport thing but because I hired two guys to go with her and Tanya everywhere they go.
I was in my office when Kari walked in. She smiled slightly at me coming over to sit on my lap. I moved my seat a little so she could get better access. She sat down and I sigh burying my face in her neck giving it a kiss.
“You’re not mad at me anymore?” I asked
She kissed my forehead and shook her head , “I trust you do it for my safety. But babe please just tell me what’s going on”
I tightened my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to my body.
“Good Charlotte has been ordered to kill some guy wanted by an agency named Mossad. They didn’t do their homework and now they are being threatened by the CIA. Babe they’ve been warned that the guy that ordered to kill him is going after the soft spot of all the guys in the mob”
“What does that have to do with me?”
I sigh and kissed her cheek letting my lips linger there for a few seconds , “you are everyone’s soft spot babe”
“You’re kidding right?”
I sigh , “no. Babe so please I-I can’t lose you. Please just go with this. Please. I love you too much to lose you over something that is absolutely my fault”
“Baby..” she said turning around to face me , wrapping her arms around my neck. “You will never lose me. I promise. Okay?”
I nodded , “I will make sure of that. I’m sorry it’s not me or the guys that will be there today. But I will make up for it”
She smiled and kissed my lips. When she pulled away , I deepened the kiss pulling her even closer to me.
I was just about to take her shirt off when a knock on the door interrupted me , causing me to groan loudly and curse at whoever was at the door.
Kari giggled , “come in” she yelled turning her back to me again but remained on my lap.
Brian poked his head in , “am I interrupting something?”
Igroaned and muttered something but she placed her hand on my mouth to shush me and shook her head.
“No Bri. What’s up?”
“We’re all going out to Johhnys at 8. You joining?”
“That sounds like fun. We’ll be there , right babe?”
I laughed , “I don’t have a say so yeah Bri , see you then”
Brian grinned , “excellent. Oh and Kar.. is Tanya seeing anybody?”
She smiled , I have had a feeling that Brian liked her. “no”
“Good. See you in 2 hours”
He left and closed the door. I pouted ;
“What’s wrong?”
“The moment is over , isn’t it?”
Kari laughed , “we have an hour until I need to get ready” she said pulling my shirt over my head.
“An hour is all I need” I said connecting my lips with hers.