Status: Active

Life Is Long for Those Who Have to Wait

Cool Your Brain.

"What are your plans tomorrow?" William asked, holding the front door of the building open for Melody.

"Work, work, work," Melody sighed "The New York network is still down. I've also found glitches in system here in Chicago. Hopefully they are one in the same and easily fixed."

"Are you available for breakfast?" William asked with a smirk.

"I don't really eat breakfast." Melody sighed, "Besides I have to be back here at six am. That doesn't really make time for eating."

"What if I give you a ride to work and we can pick something to go on the way over?"

"William," Melody sighed, wrapping her coat closer around her. "I'm not trying to hurt your feelings or anything."

"But?"

"But you do know we aren't actually dating, right? I only told Micheal that so he would back off. I mean, I just met you a day ago." Melody stopped when she noticed the goofy look on his face. "What?"

"I know," he laughed "Why do you think I told him we met six months ago instead of 24 hours? I don't tend to think I'm dating girls I've never gone on a date with."

Melody smiled up at him. "You are awesome."

"I also well aware that you are not interested in a long distance relationship. So when I suggest breakfast or dinner I mean it as a friend, not as a date." William added, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her into his side.

"I still don't know about breakfast." Melody sighed "You would have to get up super early and it's bad enough I have to, I don't want to make you too."

"I'll bring you lunch then."

Melody looked over at him like he was crazy. "Why are you so desperate to hang out with me?"

"You don't want to be my bestest friend?" William asked, a pout capturing his lips.

"I didn't say that." Melody laughed.

William shrugged "You are only in Chicago once a month. I figured if we are gonna be friends we should hang out while we can." He smiled.

Melody wanted to roll her eyes but couldn't help smiling at him."I guess you're right."

"Of course I am." He grinned "It's me. Besides I have to hang around your office when you are in town so your stalker keeps thinking we are dating."

"This is very true." Melody smiled.

------------------

"Come on, Melody." Micheal smiled "You look half starved."

"I don't have time." Melody growled, "Besides I don't think William
Would like his girlfriend going to lunch with another guy."

"I certainly would not like that."

"William!" Melody grinned, getting up from her desk to tackle him with a hug.

"Hey sweet thing." He smiled and leaned down to give her a quick peck on the lips.

Melody smiled at him, "What are you doing here?"

"I am demanding that you take a break and come out to lunch with me."

"As she was just telling me," Michael answered, appearing at Melody's side and butting his way into the conversation. "She is too busy trying to get the New York network back up, plus now part of Atlanta's systems are down now."

"Jeeze," William frowned "Do you know what is going on?"

"A virus." Melody sighed. "Someone released it into the system by accident in New York. It has now spread to Atlanta."

"Doesn't your company's system have some kind of virus block?"

"No." Melody growled, "They told me we don't need one."

"Can you stop it?"

"Darren and I are writing a code for an anti-virus program right now." Melody sighed "It is going to take us forever."

"So she can't go to lunch with you." Michael grinned.

"Don't you have work to get done?" Darren dead panned, "I mean really Michael, this is the networking office. Marketing is down a few blocks."

Michael frowned at him. "I don't have that big of a work load."

"Regardless you are doing nothing but being a distraction to Melody. She needs to concentrate, not spend the afternoon ignoring your pointless attempts at getting a date out of her."

Michael glared over at Darren. "No one asked you."

"Don't talk to him like that." William growled,glaring at Michael.

Michael looked like he had a few words to say back when his phone started ringing. "Excuse me for a moment."

"Excuse you forever." Melody mumbled as Michael left the room.

"I don't think he likes me." William smirked at her.

"Eh," Melody shrugged "He doesn't like Darren either. He pretty much is rude to any guy who tells him to leave me alone or who he sees as competition for my affections."

"Well in that case he probably hates me since I am two for two on that list."

"Get her out of here." Darren cut in, appearing at Melody's side. "She needs to eat."

"I do not." Melody argued.

"You are already an hour past your lunch break, you skipped your fifteen minute break and I know you didn't eat breakfast because I can hear your stomach growling. Go get some lunch, Melody."

Melody glared at him a moment.

"It will get you away from Michael." Darren added, giving her a knowing look.

"Fine." Melody sighed, rolling her eyes. "I'll be back in a half hour and I'll bring you something back. What do you want?"

"Carl's jr and you had better be gone no less than an hour."

"And hour?" Melody asked, sounding outraged.

Darren turned his attention to William. "Don't let her trick you into bring her back early and take her to a nice sit down place. She has been working her fingers off and I swear I saw her ears smoking earlier."

William grinned. "Can do."

"You can't force me to stay at a restaurant for an hour."

William smirked. "Don't worry sweet heart. You'll enjoy spending time with me so much you won't want to go to work."

"Sure I will."

"Hey Melody?"

"Yes Michael?" Melody asked, trying not to sigh.

"They need me back at my office, I'll have to talk to you later."

"That's too bad." Darren answered sarcastically and gave Michael a little finger wave. "Good bye now."

Michael gave Darren and William both glares before exiting the room once more.

"Thank god." Melody sighed, collapsing into her computer chair.

"What do you think you're doing?" William asked, hands on his hips.

"Going back to work." Melody answered, "I don't need to leave the office if Michael isn't harassing me."

"Get out." Darren sighed.

"I have work to get done." Melody frowned.

"And it will be waiting here in an hour." William answered, as he and Darren forced Melody out of her chair.

"But-"

"Nope." Darren interrupted, ushering the both of them out the door. "Get out."

"You're my assistant." Melody growled.

"And I am assisting you to get your ass out of this building long enough to cool your brain. Good bye."