Dreams Without Limits

Chapter 3

The baby's cries woke me up , I groaned seeing Danielle still fast asleep. I looked at the clock seeing it was only 2am. With a heavy heart , and a tired mind I stood up from the warm bed letting my legs carry me over to Leah's room.

"Hey baby , shhhh calm down. Daddy's here. Okay , are you thirsty baby doll? Want some of momma's milk??"

I quickly gave her some milk and when she finally had enough , I let her burp the way Danielle taught me and then sat her back in the crib where she instantly fell asleep.

I went back to bed and snuggled with my wife , she didn't even stir.

I closed my eyes and drifted into a much needed sleep.

It was already past 8 when I woke and saw that Danielle wasn't in bed.

"Dan?" I called out rubbing my eyes and standing up.

"I walked to Leah's room and saw Danielle sitting on the rocking chair with my angel in her arms. She was so good at keeping her calm

Well , she was good at keeping me calm as well so I guess it was in her nature.

"Look at this beautiful picture - my two favorite girls."

Danielle looked up , grinning at me lovingly.

"Look Leah , look... Daddy's here"

"Hey baby , come on give Daddy a smile. Come on , show me that beautiful smile of yours baba?"

Leah didn't smile like I wanted to but she gurgled and looked in my eyes. She was the epitome of perfect , and it was still so surreal that I helped make this beautiful creature.

I had the perfect little family
and nothing was going to take it away from me.