Status: #002

Coming Out

1/1

I glanced over at Tyler, we were going to his house to hang out. Tyler was a great looking guy, with all the features a girl looks for in a guy. His eyes were a startling blue and they were easy to get lost in. He had a tousled array of shaggy brown hair on top of his head. His smile made girls melt. Except me.

"Why are you staring at me?"

I grinned, "No reason."

Tyler and I had been dating for six months and we had never took it any further than simple kisses and hand holding. I'm not going to say he had never tried to take it any further, but I had never been able to get in the mood; it never felt right.

I looked up as we pulled into his driveway. There was a very pretty girl sitting on his front porch. Her hair had obviously been dyed since it was a very bright blue and it ended at her shoulders. She stood and waved frantically. "Tyler!" She shouted, clearly excited to see him. From here it looked like she had piercings but I was unsure.

"Jessica!" He yelled back and jumped out of the car. He hugged her and gave her a little twirl.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?" She inquired.

"Oh yeah." Tyler chuckled and seemed to remember I was there. "Jess, this is my girlfriend, Maggie. Maggie, this is my sister, Jessica."

"Nice to meet you, Jessica." I held out my hand for her to shake it. Instead she grabs it and pulls me in for a hug.

"Any girl of Ty's is a friend of mine." This close I could see that she did indeed have piercings. They consisted of: her left eyebrow, both sides of her bottom lip, her septum, and it looked as if her ears had been guaged up to a double zero. She also had a dreamcatcher tattooed behind her right ear. This close you could also tell that her and Tyler had the same magnificent blue eyes.

"Jess is in college, that's why you guys haven't met." Tyler answered my unspoken question.

"So! Are you guys up to going to a party?"

I wasn't sure about that. Parties weren't exactly my thing. Call me a goody-two-shoes if you want but I had never been the type of girl to go out and do all kinds of crazy things.

Tyler decided he wanted to go and I didn't want o be the odd one out, so I agreed. Since I didn't own any party attire, Jess lended me a few things.

I put on a really tight, black dress which seemed to cling to me in all the right places. I slipped on some black heels that made me taller, which I was grateful for since I was so short. Once I was completely ready, I looked myself over in the mirror and knew I looked hot. Tyler's swift intake of breath and Jessica's look of approval just confirmed it.

-----


The party was a complete mess but I was too drunk to care. I went to grab Tyler to find out if tonight would be the night but he was nowhere in sight. Instead I made my way towards Jess who was across the room from me. "Hey, have you seen Tyler?" I slurred.

Jess giggled, "He made a beeline for the bathroom like five minutes ago."

"Maybe we should go check on him?"

"Okay. If you insist." I hadn't but I wasn't going to complain.

We stumbled into the first room we could find, which happened to be a bedroom. I stumbled to the bed and crashed on it. "I'm too drunk for this."

Jess followed suit. "Me too." We started laughing hysterically. "So have you and Ty done it?"

"No. Have you ever done it?"

"Yeah, once. When I was fifteen. It was gross."

"So... You're a lesbian?"

"Yeah. Is that a problem?"

"No." It was quiet for a moment. "How did you know?"

"Know what?"

"That you're a lesbian?"

"Not being sexually attracted to men usually gives it away."

"Oh." Another moment passes. "Will you kiss me?"

"What?" Jess sat up and looked up at me with wide eyes.

I also say up. "Will you kiss me?"

"I don't know. You're my little bro's girl." She looked away but I was sure I saw a flash of something in her eyes.

I cupped her face in my hand and made her look at me. "Please?"

There I was again. This time I recognized it. It was the same way Ty would look at me when we made out. I took it as my signal to lean in.

In that moment I felt something I had never felt before. Desire. I slid my tongue across her bottom lip but she refused to open up to me. So I grabbed some of her hair and gave it a tug. She gasped and I used that to my advantage. She moaned and it sent a shiver of pleasure down my spine.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door and we jumped apart. "Maggie? Jess?" Ty was on the other side.

"Yeah?" We called in unison and blushed.

Ty walked in, "I've been looking for you guys. Someone told me you came here looking for me."

"Yeah. Clearly we had no such luck." I recovered quickly. "We couldn't actually make it past this room. We had to sit down and sober up a bit."

"Alright. Well the party is kind of splitting up. You guys ready to go home?"

-----


It had been an hour since they dropped me off and I couldn't get Jess or that kiss out of my mind. I pulled out my phone and sent her a text. Funny that it was Tyler who insisted we exchange numbers.

I'm going to break up with Tyler tomorrow.
What?! Why?!

Because tonight made me realize, I don't like boys. I never have.
C'mon now. You were drunk. Those weren't sober thoughts.

Sure they were. You have no idea how beautiful I thought you were when I laid eyes on you.
Maggie... You don't mean that.

I do. And I want you to be my first girl. I saw they way you looked at me.
So what? Do you know what that's gonna do to Ty? He's gonna be heartbroken.

I'm breaking up with him tomorrow. No matter what.

I shut my phone off and laid down. Tomorrow was gonna be a long day.

-----


I pulled up at Tyler's house and got out nervously. I was a complete wreck by the time I reached his room. I had no idea what I was gonna say.

"Ty?" I called and peered into his room. He was laying there, watching television.

"Hey, babe! I didn't know you were coming over." He patted on the bed next to him, implying that I should sit down.

Then I just blurted it out, "Ty, I'm a lesbian." I started crying. "I'm so sorry. I tried to love you, to be with you.. But I can't get a girl off my mind."

He jumped out of bed and wrapped his arms around me. "Shh," he whispered.

Once I calmed down I asked, "So you aren't mad at me?"

"No. How could I be? You don't just choose to be gay. Besides, I already had this feeling that you and I just weren't meant to be."

"I love you."

"I know and I love you, too."

After we said our goodbyes, I headed back for my car. When I got in it, I realized someone else was in it too. There Jess sat, in the passenger seat. "I've decided I want to try this with you. I just can't seem to get you and that kiss out of my mind."

-----

Five Years Later


I was holding Jess's hands, looking into her eyes. She had on a beautiful white gown and so was I. "I do." She grinned at me and thought my heart was going to explode with love.

I barely heard the minister as he said, "Now you may kiss the bride." I took her in my arms and kissed her full on the mouth. Once we seperated I mummered, "I love you."

"And I love you." She whispered and then I was kissing her again.

"Okay, okay. Break it up you two." Tyler had taken the news fairly well. I supposed it made it easier since he had also discovered he was gay. His boyfriend was one of your "typical" gay guys and was completely adorable.

Lucky for Jess's parents that they had an older son, Jensen, who managed to give them grandchildren. Even though Jess and I planned to adopt two beautiful babies before it was over with, it was still nice for them.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys liked this. (: