Sequel: Shot in the Dark

It's a Start

Best Day Ever

To say that their performance went well was an understatement. It was amazing. The crowd loved them just as much as I did and I could see every single mouth moving as John sang into the microphone. They were amazing.

I took quite a lot of pictures because I wanted to remember this. Even if it was burned into my brain, I wanted to remember this more than just a memory. Each of the guys thanked me when I said they were great and I followed John when he nudged me. He dried his forehead off with the towel and I gave him the water I had been holding during the show. He had one at his feet while he sang, but that one was empty now.

They had a signing and I hung out with Eric and Ruby for the time being, smiling at the love they shared. Ruby had her head on Eric’s knee while she sat up and her eyes were sleepy.

“See,” he motioned. “She loves me just as much as I love her.”

The heat was now getting to me and I bet by the end of today I was going to be even tanner than I already was. I tied my hair up finally, scrunching my nose up at the sweat on the back of my neck. I almost moaned loudly when an ice-cold bottle was pressed against it. I smiled thankfully up at John behind me and saw that the rest of the guys were here as well; finished with their signing.

I talked with them for a while, watching the few girls and guys come up for pictures, autographs, and the things set on the table for sale. There were also shirts and other things hung up behind me.

A couple of the guys’ girlfriends were here and I met all of them, Becca introducing us. We went for a walk while the band had another signing and I followed them back to the bus, piling on and relaxing in the air conditioning. I thanked Olivia, Garrett’s girlfriend, for the water she passed me and sat down at the small table. Chrissie, Jared’s girlfriend, sat across from me and us four talked until the guys piled onto the bus – except for Pat.

John leaned against the counter of the small kitchen behind me and we spent the rest of our afternoon around each other just talking on the bus.

They were headed off to Las Vegas tonight and I wished them a good trip as I walked off the bus with John behind me. It was time to say goodbye again.

“I had fun,” I told him as he shut the door to the bus, muffled chatter coming from inside.

He smiled, putting his hands in his pockets as we started to walk toward the fence. “I’m glad.”

It was quiet as we reached the fence and sooner or later I’d have to go on the other side to get to my car. The doors were basically closed; they just had to tear down the stages now before they could leave.

I gripped the fencing and looked up at him as he did. “I’ll see you later, I guess.”

He sighed and I could see that he hated this part. His arms wrapped around my waist for the second time today and I hugged him back. “Let me know when you get home, alright?” I nodded against his shoulder, closing my eyes for a split second before I knew that we had to pull away at sometime. As we did, he made me blush all over again and thank god he couldn’t see in the dark. He kissed my forehead softly and I walked away with a shit-faced grin.

Today was the best day ever.

I drove home with the same freaking grin, stopping by to get take out since I didn’t feel like making something when I got home. It was still warm as it sat on the counter next to the stove and I changed into my pajamas before diving in and playing yet another DVD full of Law & Order episodes.

I remembered to text John and as I did, I chewed the chicken in my mouth. Home. Thank you for inviting me. I had a lot of fun today.

The device vibrated almost a second later. So did I, Andy. Come for the Fourth. It’ll be fun and we get to see each other again.

I just left and he already wanted to see me. Cue another blush. Aren’t you supposed to be waiting until tomorrow night to drink?

A smug little smile pasted onto my face and I finished up the rest of my late night dinner before heading to bed. My phone went off while I was in the bathroom and I climbed into bed to read it. I’ll definitely be missing the jokes a lot more now.

They’ll still be here when you get back.

I turned over and switched the light off, closing my eyes momentarily.

Sweet dreams, Andy.

Sweet dream they were.

My week went on and I thanked Moby a thousand times for the nights he let me take off. In the end, he just told me to shut up and not worry about it. Mindy and I had another girl’s night and this time I invited Leah to join us. She had just as much fun as we did the first time and they both spent the night at my house. Mindy and Leah got along well and they were already best friends by the time they left the morning after. I loved that accomplished and proud feeling you get after introducing people and seeing them hit it off right away. It was grand.

John talked to me a lot more than he did on the first week of the tour and I was pretty happy with the goodnight talks and afternoon calls. I’d actually been sleeping a lot better lately; I only took one pill once since I last saw him. Dr. Carr was even happy about the news when he called me to see how I was.

It was Saturday afternoon and I was in my pajamas, drinking a hot chocolate at the counter and reading an article online about online college. It was something to do. My feet padded on the hardwood floors after the doorbell rang and of course I jumped, but didn’t spill the hot liquid on me. I pushed my glasses up my nose and opened the door to see Eric and another guy beside him.

“Halvo,” I smiled a little at the nickname. “What a surprise. How do you know where I live?”

“A rad surprise,” he corrected, putting his hand back in his pocket. “John sent me.”

My eyebrows creased. “Why?”

“To keep you company. He said you’ve been feeling kind of down, which is weird because he said you’re supposed to be the funny one.”

Guess I’d have to talk to him about that later.

“Oh, this is Nick.” He realized there was a person standing next to him and both of us waved slightly with a hello. I welcomed them in, freaking out since I was in my pajamas still and I had two boys in my house. They followed me into the kitchen and I offered hot chocolate while holding my cup up. They shook their heads and the records already distracted both of them a second later.

“How did you get all of these?” Nick wondered while bending to get a good look of what I had in stock.

I sat on the arm of the couch and shrugged with their backs turned to me. “I don’t really know.” He looked back at me questioningly and I explained. “Lost my memory from an accident.”

“Damn.”

“Oh, so you’re the one John was talking about.”

A blush creeped up from Eric’s words and I just sat there, wondering how much John talked about me. I sipped my hot chocolate and watched the two boys sit on the couch and the armchair. Eric told me about how Nick and him were in a band, basically explaining how everyone met and how they got started. I liked hearing about how they started – it was background information.

They stayed over for a while, both of them heading off to Chipotle to get us food for dinner. I didn’t go since I was in my pajamas and they didn’t want to make me change. I’m sure they just didn’t want to wait for me to change.

We sat at the dining table and drank the beers that I had in the fridge, eating away at the burrito bowls they ordered. Mine was pretty delicious and when I finished, I only wanted more. I sipped from the beer bottle, adjusting my glasses for the thousandth time today. Eric looked over at me with curious and sincere eyes. “You really don’t remember anything?”

I shook my head, pulling on my cardigan. My body composure made it seem like I was uncomfortable, but I was fine talking about my memory. “Nope. It’s basically just a long ass blank up until the day I woke up in the hospital.”

“Man, that’s gotta be rough.”

“Oh, it is.” I raised my eyebrows at Nick sitting across from me. “You have no idea.”

“Did you at least know your name?” Eric asked.

I shook my head. I told them how that whole day went and accepted their apologies with an off smile. They both even gave me a hug before they left and I locked the door with a long sigh. It was a tiring day and I cleaned up the kitchen, finding that silent and empty feeling.

Having them over was nice and talking about my condition helped me shed a few thoughts that I’ve been meaning to put out, but just couldn’t find the courage to. Without actually doing it, I thanked John for sending them over. It was kind of needed.

Leah texted me while we were eating dinner and said there was a birthday party for Connor tomorrow and that she’d love if I could come. I sent her back a yes and swallowed the small pill after waiting up a few hours but couldn’t get to sleep.

What was up with that? Every time I ended the night with just being by myself, I couldn’t go to sleep and my body didn’t have the desire to send me off. But when John, specifically John, was here, I was sleepy. Why was that?

I’d be seeing him on the Fourth of July and I honestly couldn’t wait for a weekend with him and his friends. Canada sounded like a nice place to spend the holiday and good thing I had a passport.
♠ ♠ ♠
first day of junior year tomorrow = not stoked

i am however stoked about this story :))
(this is pretty much coming to a close)
craig is in the next chapter and something's going to happen in two chapters from now. ahhhh

thanks to everyone for reading!

outfit: x