Status: Complete :) No sequel, sorry! xx

Beyond the Sea

Chapter 14

I sighed while looking in to the mirror, don't get me wrong I looked beautiful, there was just something that wasn't right about this. I wore a nude Marlow draped dress that was backless. I had a pair of Lucy orange strapped platforms and a nude Chanel clutch. I had a cuffed beaded Mango bracelet and an AKIRA stoned bracelet. My hair was set in soft curls and I had a shade of Natural colored makeup. It was probably just the fact that I was bringing Nathan to my parents anniversary, or that fact that Dionne was completely clueless on everything that Nath was doing behind her back.

I felt Nathan's warm arms wrap around my waist, and his head was laid on my shoulder. I smiled at him through the mirror and he let go of my waist went to reach for something in his pocket. He took out a red velvet case with the words ILEANA MAKARI written across it, he opened it and inside were a pair of the most beautiful earrings I have ever seen.

"Nathan, these are beautiful, but I can't except them, they probably cost you a fortune." He took them out of the box and turned me be back around to face him. His hands made me shiver at the touch. "Don't worry about the price, think of the fact that you'll look beautiful in them."

"There all done, you look beautiful." he leaned down and gave me a quick peck on the lips.

"You don't look to bad yourself Sykes." I winked at him and walked out into the living gathering my last couple of things, keys, phone, wallet. Done. I walked over to the front door and opened it wide open, and saw that Nathan still wasn't there.

"Nathan are you coming?" He walked out of the room never less 10 seconds later he walked out hanging up on his phone. "Who was that." He walked towards me and shut the front door behind me. "Dionne, she told me to call her before I left."

"Oh." I hint of sadness was heard in my voice.

"Hey, hey, it's not about her today, okay? It's only about you and me, got it?" He looked straight at me tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "Yea." I stood on my toes and placed a quick kiss on his lips making sure no one saw us.

He placed a hand on my lower back and guided me down the stairs to outside. Once we were outside I walked straight to my car. I opened the back door to the seat and threw my heals in it. Nathan looked at me in a questinable matter. "What? I don't like driving with my heals on, I feel like I'm going to press the acceleration to hard, and then boom I crash." I said while making a sound affect and hand motion to the word 'boom' "You are so weird."

"Wow Soph nice ride, I didn't know you drive." I giggled while getting into the drivers seat and starting the engine to my Audi a5.

"Thank you, I don't like to drive it in the city there's to much traffic and it's just easier to walk."

"Ahh okay I see." Next thing that I knew he grabbed my right hand and interlocked them with his own as I was driving with my left. I smiled at the sudden touch and tightened my grip around him never wanting to let go.

I made my way out of the street and headed towards Lincoln Tunnel. "You know it's really weird to see everyone driving on the right side of the rode?" I looked next to him and saw that cheeky smile that he always had. "Yea, well it's weird for you." I scoffed back jokingly and turned back to the steering wheel and payed attention to the road. There was a complete comfortable silence in the car as I was driving down the Turnpike.

"Nathan can I ask you something?" He turned around me and looked at me."Anything babe."

I waited a couple of seconds before hesitantly asking. "Why did Dionne let you come with me and stay the night?" I felt his body stiffen under the touch of his hand.

"To be honest I don't really know, I guess to she just felt bad about not being able to go with you." I nodded back at him in response. "Do you think she knows about 'us'."

There really wasn't a definition to our relationship, it was just sex. Okay maybe a little more , but he was leaving in four days so there was no point in going any further.

"Shes knows nothing, I can guarantee you that."

-----

Two hours later we finally arrived at the reception hall for the party. Nathan and I were both walking in when all of my mom decides to shoe up out of no where.

"Sophie!" God, that women was loud. I forced a smile across my face."Mom!" I bent down and engulfed her into a hug.

"How has been New York doing for you, you know you can always move back here right?"

"No mom, New York has been doing fine." I smiled back and saw my moms eyes roaming.

"Who's this Sophie." I smiled and pulled Nathan's body closer to mine. "Mom this is Nathan, Nathan this is my mom." he flashed her a smile and stuck out his hand for a polite handshake. Nope, instead she just scrunched her nose up and left her arms by her side. Remember what I said about my mom being judge mental, yup here she was doing it. "Soph is he in that boy band that you're friend Michelle's boy friend is in."

"Yes why?" Next thing I knew my mom slapped me in my arm. I pulled it back and looked at her questionably, was she bipolar now?

"Sophie Leigh, is he cheating on Michelle with you, I taught you better than that." Oh go here we go with this.

"No mom, Michelle is dating Max not Nathan, he just accompanied me here, nothing else, plus he's got a girlfriend." I felt the Nathan slightly pull away from me as the sound of me saying he had a girlfriend.

Okay maybe that was a complete lie because he was cheating on his girl friend with me. And we were more than friends, we were fuck buddies. Yeah, that made sense.

"Okay well you should get inside now, Masons waiting for you."

"Okay mom, I'll talk to you later, and no I don't care about Mason."

I walked past her heading inside dragging Nathan's body with mine.

"Who's Mason." Nathan asked as we sat down at our table. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "No one Nath."

Nathans P.O.V

Five hours later and it was currently 6:30 and well let's just say Sophie and I were currently sober for once. I've got no idea how we managed to do this, but we did. She looked stunning tonight, her dress fit her perfectly and her hair looked gorgeous. Not once did I think about Dionne, and I was planning on keeping it that way.

Sophie and I were currently dancing to some random song that was playing. My hands were on her waist and her hands were placed behind my neck. She was so beautiful, but I couldn't have her. I couldn't loose everything that I had with Dionne, not yet. I was leaving in four days and after that all of this was going to be forgotten.
The way that she drove me crazy was going to be over, and I would just have to go back to loving Dionne.

Dionne and I were meant to be, Sophie and I were just in it for the sex. Right?

"You know you look beautiful tonight right?" she blushed and looked up at me . "You've told me that already."

"I know but you've just got to be reminded." I gently placed a kiss on her forehead."Your so cheesy!"

Sophie turned swiftly around to be met by another person. He was much taller than me and a lot more buff than me.

Who the hell was he?

"Mason?" she called out in a questionable matter. The famous Mason was here that everyone seemed to now except me.

"Sophie, long time no see, huh? May I have a dance." he smirked at her and stuck his hand out to her. She took it and looked back at me giving me a 'Im sorry' smile. I shook it off and walked back over to the table. A Spanish song took over the speakers which made Sophie smile really big. Mason took her hand and started moving at the sound of the music.

Her hands a were placed on his shoulder and his on her waist. Her hips were moving back and fourth while her feet moved to the sound of the music. She made me want to take off her clothes just by the way she was dancing. They started getting really close, too close for my liking. Whoa wait their Nathan, she isn't even your girl for you to be acting like this. I tore my gaze away from them attempting to not pay attention to them.

I couldn't help my self and look back and then that's when I saw it, she was kissing him. A rush of anger over came me as I saw her deepening the kiss, her hands were placed at the nape of his neck attempting to make them as close as possible. That's all that it took to push my buttons, I stood up from my chair gathering our belongings and marching my over to them. I pulled Sophie away from him by her wrist and dragged her to the car with me.

"Nathan what the hell?" I said nothing and made my inside the car. She followed me inside and started the engine."Care to explain?"

I stared at her with no emotion in my face and just said "Drive me home?" she huffed back at me and started driving out of the parking lot

-----

Two hours into the ride and I was nearly home and neither of us said anything, I was still mad. Mad at everything that has happened, I was mad at myself for falling for someone so easily. Even if I said this didn't mean anything I knew deep down there was a spark between us, but I always told myself it was nothing when it was actually something.

"Nathan what did I do?" she asked while choaking on her words.

"What did you do?" I started chuckling to myself in a sarcastic tone.

"You wanna know what you did?" she stayed silent. "You did everything Sophie, you fucked me up big time. You played with me. Did you only think that we could just have sex and have no feelings come across?" I took a deep breathe.

"Did you notice how these past two weeks all that we have done is either argue, make out, or sex. Huh? Did you really think something could of happened between us." I started yelling towards the end.

"No Nathan I'm not stupid of course I've realized that, but if you clearly didn't want any of this then you could of stopped this from the begingging and then no feelings we have been caught, because you know what I actually care about you!" she started crying uncontrollably.

"THAT'S THE PROBLEM SOPHIE I CAN'T STOP IT. You drive me crazy your touch, your kiss. I try to convince myself that it's nothing, but there is something..."

"It hurt me when I saw you with him."

She stayed silent before finally arriving at the hotel. I went to given her a kiss on the cheek but she turned around and looked out the window, tears clearly streaming down her face. I sighed and unbuckled my seat belt and opened the door, my feet were on the pavement and my back was facing her, but before stepping out she spoke up.

"Don't you ever think it hurt me when you where with her." I sighed and closed the door behind me and she drove off.

I really fucked up everything this time.

Sophie's P.O.V

I shut the bedroom door behind me and kicked off my shoes while snuggling into the covers. I sniffed the bed and it still smelt like him from last night. I thought about everything, they way that I gave him my body in the elevator, or the quickie in the bathroom, and last night. Every time it felt like there was a spark between us, but in reality there was nothing More tears started streaming down my face.

Why did I deserve this?

Everything that I thought could happen to us is now gone. Nathan was jealous, I was hurt, everything was broken. We both let our feelings get to the best of us, why couldn't of just been sex and nothing else. None of us would of gotten hurt, I wouldn't of gotten hurt. But no my stupid hormones have to get in the way over every single little thing. He was right, we were never going to work out, all we did was argue every other day about stupid little things, he was leaving in four days, he and I both knew it. After that all of this was going to be gone.

Gone but not forgotten.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sophie!: http://oi48.tinypic.com/10i5chc.jpg