Status: Complete :) No sequel, sorry! xx

Beyond the Sea

Chapter 19

"Sophie."

I groaned and rolled over hiding into the pillows.

"Sophie you seriously need to wake up you've been asleep for over twelve hours now."

I opened one eye to look at the clock and saw this it was already 6:36 pm. I pulled the covers back over my head, hoping that Michelle would go away.

"Sophie, you need to get ready for the engagement party."

My head shot up and I turned my body around so I was facing her, she was leaning against the door in a dress with a blazer and a pair of heels. She wasn't kidding, she raised an eyebrow at me while I just stared at her blankly.

"Who's engagement party?" I asked while playing stupid. I couldn't let them know that I already knew about it, they'll just ask me who I heard it from. Well I just couldn't tell them that. She walked over and sat on my bed.

"Dionne and Nathan's."

"Oh, they're engaged?" I asked while getting up from my bed to my suitcase to go find something decent to wear.

"Yeah, I thought they would of told you by now?"

"Nope." I said while taking my heels out of my bag. Michelle made her way up from the bed and walked past me making her way to the door.

"Well be waiting for you downstairs, please hurry. The reservation is set for seven, and Dionne will just kill us if were late." that was the last thing that she said before making her way out the door. I walked over to the mirror and put my hair into a high ponytail, not caring how it looked and a quick make up routine, I decided on wearing a red Equipment sheer top, Tamara Barnoff black high waisted shorts and a pair of Christian Louboutin peep toe pumps. I grabbed my clutch and checked myself in the mirror one last time making sure I looked presentable. I opened the bedroom door making my way out and towards the stairs, I pause momentarily at the top of the stairs taking a deep breathe.

I could hear his voice from the bottom of the stairs, it feel so different. Not hearing from someone in over six months and now here you were across the world with him. I began to feel my palms sweating, I was beginning to become nervous. I didn't know if he hated me, or was completely over me. What if he was and I wasn't, then that would just make me seem like a little lost puppy. I couldn't make myself my a fool out of myself that, not again. I promise to myself this time around that I was wasn't go to fall for.

He needed to think that I was over him.

Gracefully making my way down the stairs one by one mentally preparing myself for what was going to happen next. I could hear voices coming from what I assume was the kitchen. I made my way into the kitchen when I saw him. His back was turned on me so I wasn't able to see his face, and I didn't know if I was ready. Just by seeing the back of his face I felt myself go uneasy and weak. Then, you had the burn to the sting.

Dionne.

She stood there side by side with him, his arms were placed on her tiny frame while his other hand supported a beer. I felt hurt, I felt unwanted, I felt useless.

I cleared my throughout in the doorway and everyone turned to me. I saw a smile grow on everyones face as they saw me, I guess they did miss me. However Nathan just stood their, with not a single piece of emotion written across his face. I just ignored him and carried on with the others. I walked towards Siva and Nare grinning like an idiot.

"My god babe, I've missed you so fucking much." I took her into my arm rocking us back and forth.

"Come here Seev." I walked over to Siva standing on my toes and wrapped my arms him.

"How are you doing love, good?"

"Perfect." I said trying to make it as loud as possible to make sure that Nathan heard me.

I walked over to Jay standing right in front of him, I just had a blank expression written across my face. He turned his face to the side in a questionable matter, a smile grew on my face and I jumped on him.

"I missed you so fucking much Jaybird!" He pulled me tighter into his embrace and started spinning me around.

"Good I missed you to you little fucker, hought you were angry at me or somethng." He placed me on the ground and I poked him gently on his torso and stuck my tongue out. I turned around so I was facing everyone and then my eyes gazed over to Dionne and Nathan. Here we go, the minute I've been trying to ovoid. I stepped towards in them taking a shaky breathe in. My heart was beating faster and faster. That's until he looked up at me, his eyes met mine. I saw his face looked hurt and sad but at the same time relieved. I couldn't keep my eyes off him, after six months of thinking about him we were in the same position that we were in when we first met.

Deja Vu.

I took my eyes off him not bearing to look at him any more, I just couldn't. I focused my attention on Dionne and gave her a sly smile. I walked up to her and took her into my arms, I pulled back and still held her in my arms.

"You little bitch, why didn't you fucking tell me." I said while trying to sound enthusiastic. I was on the very opposite of that end, I was hurt. I was torn between the decision on whether I wanted Nathan back or if I really wanted Nathan to get over me.

She laughed and slapped my arm jokingly. "I'm sorry babe it's just I was so busy with my new album, and then Nath popped the question and everything just went crazy."

I swallowed hard, attempting to fight back the tears that were starting to form in my face. I nodded and then looked over at Nathan. He looked right at me and I just bit my lip in starstruck no knowing what to say, I was speechless.

I stepped towards him and wrapped him in arms, I felt his skin come in contact with mine and everything just felt better. He hesitantly wrapped his arms around mine and pulled me further into him. Next thing I knew I felt his hot breath come in contact with mine. He whispered those words that I've been dreaming on hearing to escape his lips. "I missed you." I felt my body grow stiff as he said those three words. I just wanted him there, I wanted Dionne out of his life and I wanted myself in it, but I know that Dionne really does love him and I wasn't going to come and be some kind of bitch and take her man away. For everyone's perspective this looked like a regular hug, but both Nathan and I knew it was much more than that.

I pulled back and just looked at him. I could sense the awkwardness between us. He probably thought I wasn't over him and that was true, but he had to think I was over him. But I wanted him more than anything, and if he really wanted me than I had to play hard to get.

"Nathan Congrats! You did great proposing to her. You really did an amazing job choosing her." I let the lie slip right out of my tounge.

He just looked at me, confusion written across his face. I mentally smirked at myself. Good.

"Erm, thanks?" I playfully slapped his chest.

"No I'm serious best of luck to you too." Nathan just looked at me still puzzled while Dionne said. "Thank you."

"Okay guys, let's go we don't want to be late for our reservation at Tayyabs." Max said while grabbing his belongings and making his way out the door. All of make our way out the door, and I mediately stay behind attempting to ovoid Nathan.

I start putting on my coat along with the others and I notice those green eyes staring at me intensely while helping Dionne put on her coat. I try to ignore the fact that he's looking at me but his gaze doesn't move from mine. I can't help but look at him, I've missed him so much and to see him with someone else makes my heart shatter and lock myself in my room never want to come out. I try to look away but I just can't, it's like our eyes where in some kind of trance.

This was going to be a pain in the ass.

-----

We were all currently eating away at our meals. I was trying to keep myself from staring at Nathan but I just couldn't. It would either he was staring at me and I looked up and he would look away and vice versa. That's how it was the entire night and I just couldn't keep on doing that.

"So Sophie are you excited for next week?" I looked up from my plate and saw Michelle looking up at me and I gave her pleading eyes not tell anyone.

"What's next week?" Nareesha asked from the other side of the table.

"Well...." Michelle started. I groaned and threw my hands onto my face frustrated at her.

"It's Sophie's birthday." she said while clapping her hands. I looked up and just rolled my eyes.

"Why so mad over it Soph?" this time Kelsey asked from beside me.

"It's just when Sophie was younger her parents never celebrated her birthday because they were so busy and so she just never celebrated." Michelle said for me.

Kelsey looked at me. "Really?" I nodded and took a sip from my water.

"Well don't you worry babe, well make sure that you have the best birthday of your life." Nareesha called out once again. I smiled back at her, but the Nathan stood up in his seat taking my eyes off Nare.

"Everyone I'd like to make a toast." he said while grabbing his wine. I grabbed mine preparing myself for what he was about to say. I started taking a sip, scratch that I was gulping that sucker down.

"I'd like to thank all of you for coming today. It really means a lot to us both. I want to think all of you for supporting our decision in this, I know were young but I really love her." he grabbed her hand and interlocked them together. I wanted to leave right then and there, I couldn't handle it. I already felt the tears start forming and the way that he looked at her at lovingly didn't help either. I took another sip trying to blink away the tears.

"This is for you Dionne, I'll love you more than you ever know and I can't wait to call you Mrs.Sykes." was a building just dropped on me or was that my heart leaping out of my chest, I think I'll go with option number one. I couldn't believe the words that were coming out of his mouth. He really was letting me go, he was done with me.

"I love you Dionne." those were the last words that finally made me crack. I felt the tears start streaming down my face, I excused myself from the table not letting anyone see my face.

I pushed open the door for the bathroom and locked myself into one of the stalls. Why was my life so fucked up right now? Stop it Sophie, Nathan is clearly trying to show you that he's over you, why can't I just come to terms with that. Why did I even think that I had a chance with him in the first place. All that this was some fun and games and nothing else. I gathered myself up and went to rinse my stained face off. Once I was done I just stared at myself in the mirror.

You've got to stay strong Sophie, don't let anyone let alone Nathan bring you down. I repeated those words over and over again in my head. I got my crap together and walked out of the restroom. Walking down the hallway I was just about to turn the corner when I collided with another body. I was just about to fall back when the person held me in their arms securely. I looked up and there was those eyes I've missed so much. Those eyes that made me feel like there was no one else but us in the world. Those eyes that I fell head over heals for. Someone that made me feel like I was on cloud nine.

Nathan.