Status: Complete :) No sequel, sorry! xx

Beyond the Sea

Chapter 20

"Nathan."

I managed to say, I was frozen. He was holding me so close after six months, his hands placed firmly on my waist and my hands were balled into fists holding onto his shirt. My breathing got more and more intense as he stared at me intensely. This felt like the first time he held me, all of those goosebumps overcame my body. We were so close I felt his hot breath tickling right up against me. I raised my head so I was looking at him straight in the eyes. There right before me were the eyes that I've missed so much, the ones that you used to be full of love. But now all that I see is pain.

"Sophie ."

He whispered barley audible. I swallowed hard and the sound of him saying my name. His hands crept up to my face and started stroking my cheek with his thumb. Not able to take this anymore, I pushed my body up against him. He took me into his arms and laid his chin on my head and I snuggled up against his chest. I felt his hands start running through my hair. I felt more and more tears start falling down my cheeks. He pulled me back at the sound of my sobs and started wiping my tears away with his thumb. Why was he doing this? He just exclaimed his love for Dionne at the table and now here he was with me on the other side of the room.

He tucked two fingers and made me look up at him. No words were exchanged,just complete silence, and that's all that we needed. He pulled back strands of my hair that were now in front of my face and behind my ear. I traced the outline of his jaw with my fingers. I bit my lip at the sight of him licking his lips. He gently but forcefully but gently me back against the wall, I arched my back so I was closer to him. He placed one hand on my waist and the other on the wall right by my face. His face started leaning down towards mine and I grabbed his shirt and pulled him into me. We were so close, I felt his eyelashes against my cheek and his breathe left chills on my skin. I noses were pressed up against each other and our lips were inches apart. This is not what I wanted, but what I needed.

"Excuse Mr. Sykes wou.... Oh never mind."

We both quickly jumped apart as the waiter came into the hallway, he quickly saw what was happening and scurried away. I awkwardly looked at the floor as I felt Nathan's eyes on me. I ran a hand through my hair and refused to look at Nathan. I heard him give a couple mumbles and then he walked off. I gave out a sigh of relief and pushed me back up against the wall taking in everything that just happened. I traced my lips back and fourth. He was about to kiss me, he was going to fucking kiss me. If it wasn't for that fucking waiter who knows what would of happened.

Did Nathan still care about me after all these months, or was he just in the spur of the moment.

I fixed myself and walked towards the table once again, this time everyone was grabbing their belongings. I walked over to my seat trying to completely ignore Nathan. I couldn't stand too look at his face one more time, I would most likely just melt right then and there.

"Sophie ready to go?" Michelle called out.

"Ready as ever." she linked our arms together and we made our way to the cars that were ready outside.

My eyes widened at the sight behind the glass door, there were hundreds of screaming girls and flashes coming form every corner. I guess word got out that we were here.

"Don't worry Soph, just don't get let go of my arm." Michelle said.

"Got it babe."

"Okay."

"Sophie just don't walk too fast, Jay and I will make a human shield around you." Max called out.

I nodded nervously this was the first time that I was going to go through something like this and I was terrified. What if I got trampled over or something. I took one last deep breathe I and then turned my gaze towards the door. Michelle squeezed my hand reassuringly and lead me out the door.

I was soon blinded by all of the flashing lights and my ears were pierced bye all of the screams. Jay made his way in front of my and I held onto his arms still linking arms Michelle.

"Just look down." Michelle whispered. I looked down not realizing where I was doing when all hell broke loose. Fans started going insane and that made me loose my balance stumbling towards the side.

I felt a pair of arms hold me steady by my shoulders breaking the fall, I looked up and there he was. Dionne standing directly behind her looking frightened at the sight of me almost crashing against the floor. She gave out a sigh of relief at the sight if Nathan holding me up. He let go of me, and I just nodded awkwardly not knowing what to do. I turned my body and continued towards the car.

I made my way in, and let my head sit against the window. It was finally quite. One by one everyone climbed in the others climbing into the other car. Tom and Kelsey sat next to me all the way in the back while Siva was driving and Nareesha was in shotgun.

"Wow. That was crazy. Your fans are mental." I blurted out, but covered my mouth realizing that sounded offending.

Tom let out a little chuckle. "I know, but that's what we love about them."

"You can say that."

I looked out the window admiring the city life of London. Every single time I've came to London I never managed to actually never got to see the city. I was always locked into an office for countless hours or sleeping. It was so beautiful, all of the tourists admiring the view of the city at this time of say. It really was different than New York, it was more calm. All you heard i New York was the buy streets filled with cabs and loud music playing in every single corner.

"Sophie, have you got any plans for tomorrow?" Siva called out from the front.

"Not that I know of."

"Good." I saw him grin widely through the mirror.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"Because we are taking you sightseeing." I squealed like a little kid, jumping up and down in my seat like a three year old. Kelsey shot me look and then nodded her head.

"What." I shrugged my shoulders."I never seen London properly."

"Well then we'll make sure that we show everything."

I jumped out of my seat and wrapped my arms around Siva making him act in shock and start swirling around.

"Try not to kill us Soph." Tom called out.

I turned around and shot him a glare while sitting in my seat.

The car stopped and I looked out the window and saw that we were finally at Michelle's house. I opened the car door, but before shutting it I said.

"Thank you guys for the ride, I'll see you tomorrow. Yeah?"

"No problem darlin " Siva called out. I blew kisses at them and shut the door. I made my way around the car and at the foot of the stairs waiting for Max and Michelle to get out. They both got out of the car before waving at it, making it way out of the driveway. They both joined me at the foot of the stairs and we made up in into the front door. Michelle unlocked it and us three made our way into the kitchen.

I placed my purse onto the counter and sat on one of the stools.

"Tea?" Michelle asked while making her way into the kitchen.

"Sure." she nodded and walked overt the stove, heating some water. Max made his way over to me and sat on to the stool beside me.

"So Sophie, hows London." he asked.

"Well considering the fact that I've been here for one day, it's going great so far."

"Here you go." Michelle placed my cup of tea in front of me. I took the cup cautiously sipping it careful not to burn my tongue.

Once I was done I placed it down on the counter. "So Michelle why did you need a new bridesmaid?" I asked while raising an eyebrow.

"Well remember my friend Emily?" I nodded in response. "Well she became pregnant and the dress wont be able to fit her."

"Oh okay, so when's the wedding exactly?"

"In three weeks, to be exact."

"So you called me here three weeks before because....."

She shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know, I missed you. Plus I need to get you fitted into a new dress."

"Welll that's fine for me, but I'm going to go to bed now. Seev and Nare are planning on taking me sights seeing."

She gasped. "You don't even bother in inviting Max and I."

I rolled my eyes and stood up placing my mug into the sink. "Okay, would you and Max like to join us tomorrow?" I said while fluttering my eyelashes attempting to look innocent.

She grinned. "Of course."

"Okay goodnight see ya tomorrow." I walked over giving both of them a kiss and the headed up to my room.

I walked in locking the door while taking my heals off. I threw them on across the floor. I pushed my dress down my body and let it fall on the floor. I walked towards my luggage looking for something to wear, note to self remember to unpack everything tomorrow.

I kept rummaging through my luggage when I gasped. I pulled it out shocked. How the hell did this end up here?

Nathan's Game Over shirt.

I stared at it not knowing what to do. I don't even remember him leaving anything at my house. Then it clicked the night he stayed at mine he probably left it and I just shoved it into my closet.

I pulled it onto my body, and laid in my snuggling under my covers. After all of these months it still smelt like him. I wrapped it around my body and just laid there thinking about what happened earlier. The way that he held me in his arms made me realize how much I really did miss him. But why would he be engaged to Dionne and then still try to kiss me?

I slowly drifted off to sleep thing about every singled little thing that Nathan did that made me go insane.

-----

What the fuck?

I woke up to the sound of banging pots. Now who the hell is banging pots this early on the morning. Wait, scratch that afternoon. Whoops I guess I was just that tired.

Just then the door flew open and it revealed to be Nareesha hold a pan and spatula. I pulled the covers higher up making sure she didn't notice the shirt that I was wearing.

"What the actual fuck Nare."

"I thought we we had an agreement on taking you out today, and now here you lying in bed at two-thirty in the afternoon."

"Whoops." I said simply.

She placed a hand on her hip, and raised an eyebrow. "You better get your ass downstairs in five minutes." with that she walked out the door closing it behind her.

I jumped out of bed and grabbed a pair of sweatpants and and old Princeton University sweatshirt. I tied my hair into a loose bun and brushed my hair quickly. Satisfied, I grabbed my phone and made my way downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen to not only see Max and Michelle in there but everyone in there as well, including Nathan.

"So I'm guessing everyones going now."

"You guessed right." Nareesha said I rolled my eyes while laughing and made my way to the fridge to find something to eat when I saw Michelle quickly hide something behind her.

I raise and eyebrow and turned my body to her, so I was now facing her. "Michelle what are you hiding."

"Nothing." she said but I could her nervousness in her voice.

"I'm not stupid now show me."

"No." she got up and jumped off.

"Michelle, give it to me."

"Not going to happen."with that she dashed across the kitchen and started running. I chased after her so we were running around making sure not to bump into anyone.

"Michelle!"

"No."

"Give it to me!"

"No." she kept on running and then I took the opportunity and ran the other direction so our bodies collied. She fell back and I sat on her legs making her unable to move. I snatched the things she was holding and saw that it was a magazine.

"Sophie give it back." she whined.

"No." I said mimicking her.

"Sophieeeeee." she whined one more time.

I nodded my head and then looked down at the magazine that she was trying to hide from me. Why was she trying to hide this from me, all the say is crap. I mean it's not even anything about me. I flipped it over so I was facing the front of the magazine and my eyes grew wide at what I saw. It was a picture of Jay and I coming out of the restaurant last night with everyone else. On the cover read;

Jay McGuiness seen leaving restaurant a with new mystery girl.