Status: Complete :) No sequel, sorry! xx

Beyond the Sea

Chapter 23

You know that feeling you get after too many drinks? The one where you've had countless amount of shots and every other possible alcoholic beverage on the bar.

Yup, that's exactly how I felt. I've actually got no idea how I got my mind function properly right after all of that. But you would think that I need to go home now seeing as I was completely wasted at three thirty in the morning. These past couple of hours have been a complete blur, all I remember was walking into the club and hundreds of people screaming Happy Birthday. Then I remember having shots after shots and then as I could remember it, I already was stumbling around the club.

But here I was sitting in the corner of the club with yet another vodka red bull. I sipped on it, wait no I gulped that mother fucking drink down. I let my eyes wonder off to search for someone that I knew in this club, hence I lost them hours ago. I kept on scanning until I laid my eyes on something that I didn't want to see. Dionne and Nathan making out at the back near the bathrooms. They were sucking each others faces off and his hands were creeping up her dress; man whore.

I'm pretty sure I threw up a little in my mouth.

I got up, no I stumbled up and placed my drink to the side. I pulled my dress and readjusted it, I'm pretty sure Nathan got me two sizes smaller because my boobs were sucked up against it. I started stumbling my way over to the bathroom dodging the many arms from men that were trying to pull me towards them; perverts.

Finally making it to the back I scanned the area and saw that Nathan and Dionne were no longer here, probably went home or something. I walked into the bathroom opening the nearest stall, and then I screamed in horror. I saw something that no one should ever have to witness in their entire life. Nathan had Dionne's back against the wall and was about to take off her dress when I walked in.

"Oh My God I'm so sorry." I screeched and closed the stall shut. I ran out if their like fucking Freddy Cougar was chasing me. I readjusted my eyes to make sure I haven't gone blind yet. Yup, I was scarred for life.

I kept on walking not knowing where the hell I was going, hence my mind stopped working. Then I felt someone tug against my wrist from behind, I looked over my shoulder and saw that it was Michelle. Thank the freaking lord!

"Sophie *hiccup* where *hiccup* were *hiccup* you." And I thought I was the wasted one. I poked her nose and she wrinkled it in response.

"I went to go get some more drinks, but then you pulled me away." I lied, well it looks like my mind is deciding on working against all the alcohol this time.

"Shots for the birthday girl." She screamed rather loudly and started dragging me towards the booth once again. I followed behind her making sure I didn't trip over these heals. We finally made it and I saw that Dionne and Nathan have finally decided to join use once again.

"Shots!" I slurred wriggling my way into the booth and sitting between Jay and Kelsey.

Jay handed me over a shot, lemon and salt. He was about to take his shot when I stopped him in his tracks, I took the glass right out of his hands and set it onto the table. He raised an eyebrow in confusion. I grabbed the salt and poured some salt over my hand. I then looked at Jay and saw that he was getting the memo. I grabbed the lemon and placed it in-between my lips. He grabbed the shot and with his other hand then he grabbed my hand and licked the salt off it. He shot the alcohol down his throat and then pulled me into him by my hair gently. I felt his lips grabbing the juices and then he took the lemon out by his teeth and put it out onto the table. I bit my lip seeing how turned on I was by this. He then looked back to me and pulled me even closer to him capturing our lips together.

He tugged at my bottom lip and ran my hand through his curls. I opened one eye and saw that everyone was staring at us in complete shock, especially Nathan. His mouth was wide open and I saw jealousy fill his eyes. You're not the only one that can play that game Nathan. I closed my eyes once again and continued playing tonsil hockey with Jay. Might I add he was an amazing kisser. We both pulled away at the sound of wolf whistles. I blushed and he winked at me taking a swig from his beer.

"Get it in there Soph." Kelsey called out. I winked at her and then kept on drinking my Vodka red bull trying to cool myself down.

"Sophie come and dance with me!" Kelsey whined out.

"Let's go!" I screamed over the music. She shot up from her seat and then I followed her onto the dance floor. She kept on walking through the crowd and towards the back where the bar was. "Kels I thought we were going to dance." I shouted over the music.

"We are, but up there." Was she crazy or what. She pointed towards the bar. I'm pretty sure Kelsey was a stripper in her before life. She dragged me closer to it and then stopped in her tracks when we finally reached it. She propped herself onto one of the stools and then stepped onto the bar. I mimicked her actions and now we were both on top.

"Kelsey, you're insane!" I shouted as I saw people staring at us from beneath. She just shrugged her shoulders. "I'm not insane, I'm just living life." I giggled and hit her arm playfully.

"Show us some moves." I looked down and saw that a group of men started crowding against us. I looked back and Kelsey. "Should we." I asked her. She just smiled and started dancing like crazy.

We were both dancing, swinging our hips back and fourth giggling and just having an amazing time. People started throwing money at us, and then I looked down at them a winked while blowing them a kiss.

About twenty minutes later Kelsey and I were still at the bar, and things were getting pretty intense. More and more people were crowding around us and I was about to collapse any minute; alcohol has officially taken over my body.

I kept on dancing and twirling around and I noticed that Kelsey was gone. "Kelsey where are you." I slurred.

Next thing that I knew, my feet were taken from me and I was thrown over someones shoulder. I looked down at the shoes and saw the very familiar pair, Nathan. "Nathan let me go." I screamed while hitting his back with my hands. He just chuckled and continued walking. I lifted my head up and saw that Kelsey was in the same position as I was but on Tom's shoulder. All of the girls were holding onto each other trying not to stumble against each other. Jay had his arms around Tom and Max who were singing some kind of song to each other."Nathan let me go." I tried one more time.

"Nope seeing as the fact that only Jay, Tom and I are the only ones that sobered up were not letting you guys go." he said. I groaned and felt a cool breeze hit me, I lifted my head and saw that we were now outside, possibly waiting for a cab. I felt Nathan reach for something in his pocket only holding me with one arm and I took the opportunity. I kicked him in the balls, hard might I add and he fell to his knees letting me fall on top of him. I got off him and started running the other way. I've got no idea why I was, let's just say drunken Sophie was getting the better if me.

"Sophie come back here." called behind me as Jay, Tom , and a very drunken Kelsey chased after me. I quickly took of my heals and attempted to run faster than before. "Damn it, Sophie get you're ass over here." I looked behind me and saw that they were getting closer than before. I threw one of my heals at them and saw that it hit Kelsey right in the head, whoops. She fell back clutching her head and Tom quickly held her before her body hit the floor. I was so distracted and didn't notice that Jay was still around. I yelped in surprise as my body was lifted once again onto someones shoulder.

"It's time for the birthday girl to go home." Jay called out. I started kicking and screaming but that only ended up on him tightening his grasp around me. Seconds later I felt tears start streaming down my face.

Drunken tears.

"K...Kelsey I'm so sorry." I called out in-between sobs. I was a very drunken mess right, but I had no way of controlling it now.

"Shhh Sophie it's okay, it's just a bruise." he said while patting my back. "No it's not, for all we know I could of killed her."

"No ones going to die, youre just drunk." he pulled me back down and then gently pushed me into a cab. He placed me on the other end and then got in as well.

"Sophie it's okay, everything will be fine." those were the last words that I heard before I drifted off.

-----

Jay's P.O.V

I chuckled to myself as I heard her light snores escape her mouth. She was such a mess to tonight, thank god Nath, Tom and I managed to sober up tonight if not Kelsey and Sophie would of ended up probably taking their clothes off.

I'm telling you Sophie was out of control, as for the kiss it was just a little something nothing else. We were both just having fun. Then, we she hit Kelsey with the shoe and started running again, that was the most hilarious thing that I've ever seen before.

I felt the cab stop in front of Michelle's house and I reached down in my pocket to pay him. I threw him a couple of notes and then stepped out and walked over to the other side opening the door and pulling Sophie into my arms bridal style.

I walked up of the stairs waiting for the others to finally meet us there, Max and Michelle finally stumbled their way on top along with Nathan and Tom trying to get everyone to the front door.

"I can't find my keys." Michelle whined out while searching through her clutch, I waited desperately as Sophie was growing heavier and heavier in my arms.

"Gotcha." she called while dangling the keys in front of her, and I mean thats all that she was doing.

"Michelle, open the door." she snapped out of her gaze and continued on unlocking the door. Once she was inside she barley made it up the stairs and just collapsed right then and there along with Max next to her. I chuckled to myself as I tip toed my way around them careful not to drop Sophie.

I finally made it into her room, I gently placed her onto her bed placing the blanket on top of her. I gave her in kiss on her forehead and was about to walk out when she spoke up.

"Jay." I turned around and saw that she was sitting up now and I squinted and saw that she was crying again. What's with these fucking women hormones. I ushered my way over to her.

"Shhh it's okay Soph, Kelsey's going to be alright." I took her into my arms, she started crying even more.

"It's not that." she slurred, I gently pulled away to make her look at me. "What is it?"

She sat back leaning her head against the bed frame. "Nathan."

"What about him." I asked clearly confused on what she was going on about. She leaned closer to me and placed her finger in my lip. "Shh you can't tell anyone." she said giggling.

"Tell me already." I asked starting to get annoyed at 'drunken' Sophie.

"He cheated on Dionne." My eyes grew wide, was she being serious or just messing around with me. "With me."

I felt a lump starting to form in the back of my throat she had to be joking or something."Are you sure what you're saying Sophie." she nodded really quickly.

"Never been so sure of something in my life." Oh fucking shit, she wasnt joking. How were we all so stupid to realize any if this, they were doing it right behind our backs. "When did this start?"

"When you guys came to NYC." she said while hiding under the covers. I climbed in next to her and lifted the sheets over her. "Peak a boo" she whispered. I rolled my eyes and looked at her seriously.

"Explain." I said rather calmly still not able to digest in everything. She sat up and laid her head and my shoulder and started playing with her fingers.

"It all started the night we saw each other. He kissed me in the club in a closet but nothing else happened that night."

"So it was a one time thing?" I asked. She nodded her head and I saw a tear roll down her cheek.

"No, there was so much more. After that sometimes he would pull me into a bathroom or something like that and make out. Nobody knew except us. But remember how we got stuck in that elevator?" she turned her head and asked me.

I thought for a while until I finally remember and nodded at her. "That's when we had sex for the first time, then the night of the premier we sort of did it in the bathroom again, and then the night for my parents we did another time, and then when you guys left him with me we did it again." wow, that was a lot to take in.

"So it was sex and nothing else?" she sighed and then it took her a while to respond.

"We both thought it was but every time I saw him with Dionne I would get so jealous, I would try to ignore it but I just couldn't. In front of you guys we would talk but we would always argue. Then we had a big argument on the way home from my parents party and we both basically told each other it hurt us when we saw ourselves with different people. Then one night, all of ur feelings finally came out and I told him I cared for him, but I wasn't going to let him break Dionnes heart."

"Do you still care for him?" I asked unsure if im pressuring her to much.

"I still do, and today he kissed me again. Something that I wanted for so long. I thought I could get over him because he's engaged now, but it's so fucking hard to do."

I laid myself down onto the bed pulling her closer to, she laid her head on my chest. "Do you regret it." i felt her mumble something into my shirt before she spoke up. "Not at all, I just wish that I never started anything.

I was still so confused over this entire situation, I was angry at Nathan for doing this to Dionne but at the same time it was't my place to judge. "Why." I asked bluntly not knowing what else to day.

"Because it means I won't have to go day after day feeling hurt when I see him with her. It hurts me to much because after all of these months, there's nothing more that I would want to have him in my life."

"Did he tell Dionne?" she looked at me and then started blinking away the tears "No and I don't think he's ever going to tell her. Earlier in the club I walked into them, erm..... getting ready to do bushiness." she said while sounding really nervous over that situation.

I started laughing out loud as I could only imagine her facial expression and then she hit me on my chest making me go serious again.

"Do you wan't him?

"More than anything." I felt her body go limp and I looked down and saw that she fell asleep. I looked up at the ceiling not feeling tired yet and just taking in everything that she told me. All of this time, they've been going behind our backs and doing all of this. I would of never guessed in front of all of us they would treat each other like they do with all of us, but behind bedroom door's something else happens.

Now, I felt responsible like I had to make sure that Sophie wont let her heart get broken again by him, because after all she is like my little sister.