Status: Complete :) No sequel, sorry! xx

Beyond the Sea

Chapter 27

I walked into the venue, still trying to recover from all the screaming fans out there. Today was the day that the guys had a gig in London. They decided on bringing all of us, I was complete,ey nervous. I’ve never been around so many people before, and let me tell you I was terrified of getting pushed over something. It was currently five thirty and the guys didn’t start performing until seven. The girls and I just got here and decided on hanging out in the dressing room until the concert was starting and then we would move into our seats.

I trailed behind Kelsey and Michelle who were leading the way to the dressing room. Sound technicians and security were running all over the place trying to prepare things for the concert. We made a sharp left and then we walked through a set of glass doors and into the green room. There was Big Kev and Dave sitting on the couch watching some show on the tv. Michelle and Kelsey sat on the couch next to them while Nareesha and Dionne wondered off to somewhere. I threw my my bag next to Kev on the couch and sat on the dressing mirrors counter.

“Wheres the lads?” I asked. Dave turned his head towards me. “There doing sound check right now.”

I pursed my lips together and nodded my head. He turned he head towards the tv once again. I pulled out my phone and started scrolling through my mentions on twitter. Everyone was either asking for a follow and telling me how cute Jay and I were. I smiled to myself as I saw people keep on sending compliments.

@Sophie_babe; excited for @thewantedmusic gig tonight!

I pressed tweet and put my phone back into my pocket just as the boys and their band was walking into the room. Siva and Tom came over and gave me a quick peck on the cheek and then walked over towards Nare and Kels. Max walked in talking some member that I didn’t know, that left Nathan trailing behind them. He looked up at me and nodded and continued walking towards Dionne. I sighed just as Jay say next to me. He looked down at me and I just shrugged my shoulders not knowing what to say.

“Sophie meet Eric, Tucker, Brian, and Dave, our band.” Jay said while pointing to four men. I smiled and waved politely. They nodded in response and continued on talking amongst themselves.

“He’s been really quit lately.” Jay said while leaning towards my ear and whispered. I kept on looking towards the tv and whispered back. ”What do you mean?”

“Like during sound check he was just really off, and kept on wondering on.” I shook my head. “Ive got nothing to do with it, I swear. I haven’t talked to him.”

“It’s not technically about you talking to him, it just he’s always thinking about you.” I furrowed my eyebrows and turned to face him properly. “How would you know?”

“Trust me I know Nathan too well.” I shrugged my shoulders and just didn’t respond.

I didn’t know how to respond.

“So Sophie, are you excited?” I looked up and saw that Tom was talking to me as he made his way over to the catering station.

I raise and eyebrow and asked. “What should I be excited for?” he turned around and gave me a ‘are you kidding me look.’

“Touché” he said. I winked and giggled.

Dave got up, cue the moans and groans, he started laughing and pulling the boys up. “Alright, time to get ready.” he dragged all if the boys out the door and into the dressing room. I sat their chuckling to myself when I felt someone sit next to me. I turned my head and saw that as I remember, Brian sat next to me with a beer in his hand.

I stuck my hand out. “Brian, right? I’m Sophie.” he shook his head, but instead of shaking my hand he gave me a hug.

“Nice to meet you.” I was a little taken back by his accent as I thought that he was English.

“Your American?” he nodded his head and pointed towards Erick and Tucker. “Were all American, more specifically I’m from New York.”

I squealed and everyone turned their head to face me. “Why didn’t anyone tell me there was a fellow New Yorker here.”

They all chuckled and rolled their eyes jokingly. “When I go back, we have to hang out. Got it? Good.” he laughed and threw his head back from the laughter.

Just then Dave walked in through the door holding an acoustic guitar. “Brian, we need you.” he hopped off the counter, along with the other band member and walked of the room. I looked down at my watch and saw that it was already six forty five. Fifteen minutes until the show started, the other girls seemed to notice this as they started gathering their belongings.

“Alright girls, ready to go.” Kev stood up and started making his way towards the door, I quickly followed him. We made our way out and into a long corridor. Then he took us through to two large doors. I was immediately stunned by the view.

There were thousands of screaming teenagers, in every single place. The arena was packed, not another single person was able to fit in this place.

I clung onto Kev, for my life as we weaver our way in and out of the crowd. Posters, pens, and gifts were all being thrown in our direction. I felt a hand lock with mine and saw that Michelle was with the other girls trying not to loose their path.

Finally, we made it to our seats. It was front row and off to the corner so we could see perfectly. I took my seat in the middle of Dionne and Michelle.

I felt my stomach turn at the thought of seeing Nathan perform live for the very first time. His voice just always drove me insane, I can’t imagine what his singing will do to me.

“Earth to Sophie.” a pair of fingers started snapping in front of me making me get out of my trance. I let my eyes travel and saw that it was Dionne.

“The girl behind you wants a picture.” she pointed behind me and there was a girl around the age of fiteen smiling and holding a camera. I smile sweetly. “Of course.”

I sttod up and walked towards her standing by her side. She lifted the camera up and began taking a picture. She put her camera away and just stood there awkwardly.

“Your really beautiful.” she said.

I smiled and winked. “Thank you, but your stunning. What’s your name.”

“Ella.” she replied.

“Well Ella it was great meeting you, I hope you enjoy show.” she hugged me and whispered in my ear “You and Jay are adorable.” I giggled and mouthed ‘thank you.’ and pulled back watching her walk away. I sat back in my seat.

I sat anxiously waiting for the boys to come any minute. Then all if sudden the lights got dim, and the band started playing. I sat in my seat, curious of what was going to happen next. Then all if sudden, the guys appeared in the middle of the stage rising up.

I managed to let me my eyes travel to Nathan, he looked pretty hit tonight. He was wearing a pair of jeans, with a purple shirt and a black leather jacket on top, with a chain across his chest. I bit my lip, only wondering of what was underneath that.

They began singing Invincible, and instantly fell chills go up and through my spine. His voice was just perfect, the way would sway back and fourth, stick his tongue out and do all of these gestures just made my heart flutter.

——-

We were just about half way through the concert, they were getting prepared for their another song. The entire night it consisted of me smiling and singing along like an idiot, bit I could care less.

“I wanna dedicate this sing to someone in my past.” the entire audience gasped, chattering among them sleves. I looked up to the stage and saw that Nathan was coming our way, he started smiling, and I felt myself get really uncomfortable in this spot. His eyes lowered down right in between Dionne and I.

“This is about a girl, that I used to know. Back when I was younger. And well yeah.” I stood their, trying not to look taken by by it. Was he talking about me, or someone else. I looked to my side and saw that girls didn’t suspect a thing, I sighed in relief.

I nudged Dionne and she turn to me. “Who is he talking about?”

“I think hes talking about his ex-girlfriend. The one that he was with, before me.” I nodded and pursed my lips together, still not believing everyone about this. Just then the music started and everyone started singing along to it. But not me, I just stood their stunned still trying to figure all of this out.

I see you walk away walk away
So why you looking back at me like that like that. If you’re not messing with messing with
Me then why you go on and kiss me like that like that. My head is killing me killing me girl
Are you telling me stay or go

Jay started off. The girls were swaying back and fourth singing. While I just stood their listening closely, trying to figure those lyrics out.

If I can’t have you
Why won’t you let me go
If you don’t want me
Say it on the radio
So go on go on go on just play it
Come on come on come on, you’ll never say it

That you don’t want me
‘Cause you can’t let me go me go

Monday and you’re all over me
Now it’s Friday and you’re MIA
And if you’re letting go letting go
Me then why you go on and hold me that way that way.The chase is killing me killing me girl.Now I’m telling you stay or go

I let all the words sink in. He really was singing this about me. Everything that he was saying just fit in so perfectly with everything that we wen through together. But why here? Why would he sing something like this, about me in front of thousand of fans. I know no one else knew, but it made me feel so guilty.

If I can’t have you
Why won’t you let me go
If you don’t want me
Say it on the radio
So go on go on go on just play it
Come on come on come on, you’ll never say it

That you don’t want me
‘Cause you can’t let me go me go

Now I’ve gone and said it all
Now I’m here out in the open
Don’t say another time another place another face

If I can’t have you
Why won’t you let me go
If you don’t want me
Say it on the radio
So go on go on go on just play it
Come on come on come on you’ll never say it

He walked over to where we were, and I instantly felt myself get sweaty and nervous, he was swinging and pointing to the fans behind me. But deep down inside, I genuinely knew he was singing to me. He started rocking his body back and forth, and tilted his head forward. He started singing with so much passion, his neck vein would pop out, and once he controlled himself. He looked right at me this time, his green-blue eyes focusing in my green ones, singing to me like we where the only two people in the world.

That you don’t want me
‘Cause you can’t let me go me go

‘Cause you can’t let me go
So go on go on go on

Say it on the radio

They finished off and left the room into a set of cheers, screaming, and claps. I proceeded to clap, still in complete shock overt that sing. Never in a million years did I think that was going to happen.

“Sophie, you okay.” Michelle asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just a little stunned by the reaction if the fans.” I lied, that hoping that she bought it.

“I know what you mean, there amazing aren’t they?” I nodded in relief, “Yeah the really are.”I pulled out my phone and took a picture of the boys setting up for there next song.

@Sophie_babe- @thewantedmusic boys are killing it to night. Officially consider myself a fangirl, I think I like the curly one :) pic.twitter.com/BIUAJA

Seconds later, Nareesha looked down at her phone started cracking up. She tilted her heads towards me, almost telling me ‘good job.’ I smiled and sat in my seat waiting for the next song.

All of a sudden, the room instantly grew crazy. Every single girl started going mental and jumping up and down. I got up from my seat and saw that the guys were know on the floor. I saw Max and Tom grab a girl and bring them on stage. I turned to Kelsey and gave her a confused look.”There bringing girls in stage for Heart Vacancy.”

I let out a big oh, before I was pulled away by my hand. I turned around and saw that I was being pulled by Jay. “What the fuck?”

“Your my Heart Vacancy girl.” he grinned. I rolled my eyes and giggled as we walked onstage together. I knew exactly what he was doing, and I just couldn’t thank him enough for it. As soon as I walked on stage, I locked eyes with Nathan. But this time, I was the first one to look away.

“This ones for all of you!” Tom shouted into the microphone. They all set us up in a row, and I was in complete awe of the girls that were crying because their idols were singing to them. Jay placed his hand over my shoulder and started rocking us back and fourth, to the beat of the song as he was singing.

What didn’t help me was the fact that Nathan was literally five feet away from me. Then before I knew it, Jay was one knee looking up at me and singing. I placed my hand on my heart and started laughing uncontrollably and the thought of how sweet, this probably looked towards the fans.

All to soon, the sing ended and the fans went into a roar of wolf whistles. I turned around and saw that all of the girls had now left the stage and that left only the boys and I. I felt every single eye focused on me, and I just made burried myself into Jays side, feel a little self conscious.

Then, out of now where the entire stadium started chanting. “Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” I blushed and shook my head while looking up at Jay. He laughed and leaned down towards me, giving the audience a little treat. Before I gave Jay a kiss, I looked behind him and saw Nathan stood directly behind him. With jealousy in his eyes. I leaned up, and gave Jay a quick peck on the lips. Everyone made an awe sound, and quickly scurried if the stage. Feeling quickly as I we were lying to the fans.

Instead of going back towards my seat, I decided on just going backstage. I went behind the curtains and there was the girls, along with Dave, Kev, and Scooter. They were all grinning and and Kev made a whole whistle. I rolled my eyes and stood next to them, watching the boys perform from their next song.

“Were gonna get some drinks, you wanna come?” Michelle asked me, I shook NY head as I was much to entertained by watching the guys perform their Coldplay medley.

“Suit your self.” with that the girls plus Dave and Kev walked off, leaving only Scooter and I. We were standing side by side, watching the guys get so into their instruments. Let me tell you, it was awkward seeing as it was our first time meeting each other. Before I could say anything, he started off.

“I see the way you look at him.” he said those words, and it stung on me. I turned my head to face him but he just kept on looking straight.

“Yea, Jay? Of course, he’s my boyfriend.” I let out a shaky laugh.

“No, Nathan.” I gulped and put my hand on my hip.

“What do you mean.” I said in between stutters.

This time he turned to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. “All I’m saying is that he’s a taken man, and I know for a fact that he loves Dionne very much.”

I wasn’t able to process anything there. He just walked away, leaving me there in shock.

What the fuck?