Status: Complete :) No sequel, sorry! xx

Beyond the Sea

Chapter 34

"Sophie. Come on, we're going to have to tell them, sooner or later." I crossed my arms over my chest and didn't move from my position, on the kitchen counter. Nathan sighed and leaned against the door frame and crossed his arms mimicking me.

"Nathan, I said no." I said more sternly. He groaned and walked over to me. He placed a hand on my thigh, and with his other he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "We can't keep this a secret anymore. I want everyone to know that you mine, I want to be able to go out in public. I don't wanna sneak around anymore, like we used to. I'm doing this because I love you."
I sighed and took his hand in mine, he gave me a reassuring smile and began to stroke my hand with his thumb.

It's been two weeks since the entire Dionne incident and since then, we haven't heard a single word from her. The day that we went to gather his belongings from their house, she wasn't there but her stuff still was. Nathan gathered, all of his belongings and since then he's stayed with me not wanting to go back. Kelsey and Siva took the news pretty well, as long as Nathan was happy then they were happy. As for Tom, though he didn't take it to well, he was disappointed in Nathan since he had done the same thing to other girls and didn't want to see someone like Dionne get hurt.

*flashback*

"What the hell do you mean you fucking left Dionne?" I pressed my eyebrows together as Tom stood up from the couch. Kelsey stood up, trying to push him back down, but it just didn't work out.

"Tom, listen. It's my decision. Things just didn't work out with Dionne. I love Sophie and you just have to understand that." Nathan said as he stood up from the couch as well. I sighed and placed my head in my hands, not wanting to hear anything was being discussed in the room.
"Nathan, how am I supposed to ease off, huh? Dionne just wasn't a piece of clothing that you can just get rid of when ever you choose to."

"Bloody hell Tom, don't you think that I know that. But I can't be with someone who I don't love. Can't you just support my decision on me being with Sophie?" Nathan said as he stepped closer to Tom. I got up from my seat, and slightly pushed Nathan back scared for what he was going to do. "Tom, please. It's Nathan's life, just support him in it." Kelsey said from her seat. Tom looked over his shoulder and looked down at her. She gave him a concerned face and he sighed while sitting back down. He looked down at his fingers and on and started playing with them. "Okay, listen up. I'm sorry that I overreacted. It's just that I've done the same thing to girl's before. I've cheated on every single one of my girlfriends expect Kelsey." He said while looking over to her and grabbing her hand and lacing them together. "I know how much it hurts them, and I just can't imagine what Dionne's going through right now. But you're more important than her, Nath. I just want the best for you."

He looked up at us and gave us one of his cheeky grins. I smiled and ran over to him, I took him in arms and gave him one big squeeze. "Thank you so much Tom, really thank you." he laughed and patted my back. He pulled me to the side, so that I was now sitting next to me. He fixed me into a 'headlock' position and ruffled my hair.

"Just do me a favor Nath, don't ever hurt Soph. She's a keeper."

"Sophie......." A pair of snapping finger's, that belonged to Nathan caught me out of my trance. "Hmm, sorry?" I mumbled in response. He sighed and leaned against the counter and rested his face on the palm of his hand. "Sophie, it's time for the twitcam."

I groaned and threw my head back. Nathan, Jay, and I decided that we would all tell the fans about Nathan and I over a twitcam. They both tried to reassure me that everything would be fine, and the fans would love me. But I was honestly scared, really scared. I know that they're not going to take it well. Who want's to hear that there favorite band member has cheated on his fiancee. It was probably one of the worst decisions, to tell them over a twitcam, but management gave them no other choice.

"Hey listen, Sophie. Everything's gonna be fine" he tucked two fingers underneath my chin and faced me towards. I sighed and turned my head to the side. "You don't get it Nathan, they're going to hate me." I said and looked down.

He sighed and shook his head. He got me off the counter and stood me up so that I was now ground level with him. He took his thumb and started tracing circles on my hip and with his other hand he placed it on his heart. "Do you feel it, Sophie." I nodded and bit my lip.

"Right here, is my heartbeat. Once it stops beating is when I will stop loving you. I don't care what the fans have to say. I love you, and that's all that matters, now please stop worrying about what they're going to say." I looked at him and tried to blink away the tears.

I was so lucky to have Nathan, he was one the most caring person out there. He was always just genuinely happy and always wanted the best for is two. He took his thumb and wiped away the tears and leaned down, he grabbed my chin and leaned me up towards him. He placed a soft delicate kiss on my lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his arms snaked themselves to the small of my back.

He pulled my back, but not too far so that our noses were pressed up against each other. "We will get through this together, Sophie. I love you."

"I love you too." I whispered against his lips. His eyes peered into mine, giving me a sense of reassurance. He smiled and pecked my lips quickly. I rolled out my bottom lip wanting to feel his lips again and he just chuckled and shook his head. "Come on, babe. Jay's waiting in the living room.

I took in a deep breathe and then laced my finger with his, as he guided us into the living room. Once we were there, Michelle and Max were sitting on the couch on the other side of the computer; seeing as this was their house. Jay was preparing the laptop on the coffee table facing the couch that was able to fit all three of us.

"Nice of you to join us, Soph." Jay joked as he turned his head and faced us. I stuck my tongue out and sat on the very edge of the sofa as Nath was helping Jay out trying to figure it out. I pulled my legs up to my chest and held them there. I placed my chin on knees and let my eyes wander over to Michelle who was sitting on the couch drinking a cup of tea. She noticed my presence and gave me a warming smile, I nodded in response and rested my cheek on my thigh. I closed my eyes, absolutely exhausted from today and just let my body relax.

I felt a body sit next to me and I fluttered my eyes open. Michelle, was sat there and she engulfed me in her arms. I wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my head against her shoulder. "It's okay Sophie. The fans are going to love you." I sighed and shook my head.

"You don't get it Mich, the fans absolutely loved Dionne. How are they going to react when the find out that he's now dating his band member's ex girlfriend." I whispered, not wanting for Nathan to hear how nervous I was over this situation. "Listen Sophie, if your love with Nathan is absolutely strong, then nothing will ever tear you down. Just remember that." I pulled back from the hug and nodded. "Okay, thank you Mich. You've done so much for me, I don't even know how to repay you anymore."

She giggled and shook her head."Don't even think if repaying me. I just wanted the best for you and Nath." I gave her an enormous and hug and held her there. I was so grateful to have someone like her in my life, if it wasn't for her. Who knows where Nathan and I would of stood right now.

"Okay, Sophie we're going live in five minutes." Jay said as he got comfortable on the couch. Nathan sat next to me, but moved the screen so that I wasn't in the shot just yet. I looked at Jay as he was doing something on his phone, I moved over and gave him an unexpected hug. He jumped in surprise and looked over to me. "Thank you bird." I said against his shoulder, that my face was leaning against.

"You're welcome." he said in a questionable tone. I giggled and let go off him and turned his body so that he was facing me. "I just wanted to thank you for everything that you've done for Nath and I." I said while motioning towards Nathan. "You even started a fake relationship, so that I could get him back, you risked so much just so that both of us could be happy. I’m just so thankful to have someone like you in my life.” He made an ‘awe’ sound and held me in his arms again.

“You’re a proper geek aren't you Soph.” I giggled and nodded my head while pinching his cheek. “Okay bird, now go start your twitcam.” I said and pushed him aside. He chuckled and shook his head.

I pushed my back against the wall and waited for the two boys to start there twitcam. Nathan looked over to me and gave me a winked, I giggled and gave him two thumbs up in response.

I turned my head over to Max and Michelle and Max looked at me and smile and mouthed “You’ll be fine.” I sighed and tilted my head and mouthed. “Hopefully.”

“Alrighty guys welcome to this twitcam. Jaythan tuning in here today.” I giggled at how adorable they were being and leaned my head against my palms as I watched both of them interact with the fans.

-----

Twenty minutes later, Jay and Nath were still doing the twitcam and we still haven't told them yet. We were about to in t-minus ten minutes and I was already beginning to get nervous. I quickly got off the couch and scurried into the kitchen.

I got myself a cup of water and took a sip of it. I closed my eyes and inhaled a deep breathe, my heartbeat was too fast. I’m not sure how I was even till functioning, I’m a mess.

“Sophie, are you alright.” I kept my eyes closed as I heard the very familiar voice that belonged to Nathan, walk into the kitchen. I grasped the counter harder and lowered my head. “I’m fine.” I said, my voice cracking clearly showing that I was lying. I heard Nathan sigh and his footsteps were getting heavier. I felt his body press up against mine and he turned me around so that I was properly facing him. I kept my eyes shut as he began on soothing me.

“Sophie, open your eyes.” I shook my head and refused to open then. He took my hands in his and lowered his head so that his lips were pressed against my jaw. “Please.” He mumbled while leaving a trail of kisses on my chin. I shook my head furiously, not wanting him to see the pain that I was feeling right now.

“I’m only going to ask you once.” he mumbled against my jaw once again, his voice left a vibration agianst my skin, making me whimper. I felt a smile creep on his mouth, as he knew how I was slowly becoming weak.

“Sophie Leigh.”

I slowly opened my eyes to see him standing there, he held my hands in his and then he smiled once he saw my open. “There’s those beautiful green eyes that I love seeing.” I smiled and bit my lip, still a whole nervous. “It’s time Soph.” he said while sincere in his eyes,

I took in a deep breath and nodded, he smile and held my hand leading me out the kitchen and into the living room. Jay patted the seat next to him and I sat there, so that I was in between Nathan and Jay.

“Hi, guys.” I awkwardly said into the camera. I looked at the twitter mentions, and let a whimper escape my lips as I saw what people were beginning to say:

‘Where’s Dionne, Nathan?’

‘Oh my god, I totally ship Jay and Sophie.’

‘Jay, you’re so lucky to have someone like Sophie.’

‘Dionne and Sophie are so lucky to have amazing boyfriends.’

‘Can I be you, Sophie.’

“So guys, we have some new for you.” Jay said as he leaned closer towards the computer. I mentally prepared myself for the next thing, that was going to change the course of my life forever.

“Basically, Sophie and I are no longer together. But we’re still really good friends.” He said, I hid my face in my hoodie and watched as the tweets started coming. Some of them were okay, telling us how they were upset because they thought that we were a cute.

Only because they didn't know the entire truth.

Nathan moved the laptop closer so that it was only us two in view. He grabbed my hand laced them together. I looked down at our finger being intertwined and smile at how he was so proud to finally calm me his. “ I've got something big to tell you guys.” he started off.

“Unfortunately, things didn't work out between Dionne and I, therefore we are no longer together.” He stopped and looked over to, I nodded giving him the okay to continue. He turned his head and faced the screen. “Whatever I’m about to tell you guys, then please don’t judge me. You guy's have been so amazing to us the last couple of years and I just can’t have you backing out on us now.”

I let my eyes roam to the mentions on twitter and already saw the hate coming in. People were assuming, that he cheated on Dionne with me. It was true, but they just couldn't know that.

“Sophie and I.” are officially together, he said bluntly without even going into further explanation. I leaned into and rested my head on his shoulder, he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to his body. I felt my phone being buzzed from my pocket, and lifted it up and saw my phone being blown up with mentions.

‘Sophie is such a slag.’

‘Omfg, ew why would he leave Dionne for you.’

‘You’re a cunt Sophie.’

‘She probably cheated on Jay.’

I felt my phone being taken out of my hands and looked up to see everyone out of the room, so that it was only me and Nathan. The computer was now shut off, so the twitcam was over. “Babe, please don’t read the hate.” He placed the phone out of my reach and laid my head on his lap, he started running his hands through my hair and he started singing one of his very familiar songs.

“Nathan, why are they saying such cruel things to me.” I heard him sigh and he lifted me up and placed me on his lap. I rested my head on his chest and he kissed my forehead. “I don’t know Sophie, but we’re going to get through this. I love you so much, and I’m not letting you go this time.”

This was it; us two against the world.