Status: Complete :) No sequel, sorry! xx

Beyond the Sea

Chapter 36

“Babeeeee.” I looked up from my laptop to see Nathan standing behind me, leaning against the door frame. I smiled and he gave me a sly smile. “Can you make me a cuppa.” he said while fluttering his eyelashes. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. He pouted and came around me and placed his hands around my waist and leaned his head against the crook of my neck. “Please.”

“No, Nath. I gotta finish the assignment for Delia.”

A lot has happened in these past month. I started working with Delia again who was now in London, I was constantly busy, making it difficult to spend time with him but we still managed to get our alone time. We finally got a place to ourselves, seeing as I didn’t want to bother Max and MIchelle. It’s a small townhouse, only ten minutes away from each of the boys, it was perfect.

It’s what we needed; A small place to call ours.

I’ve tried moving on from the whole ‘hate’ situation from the fans, but it was only getting worse. I’ve learned to ignore and push those comments away from me, but they somehow managed to get back at me. I took some by surprise, stating how they wanted me dead, or to get off ‘their man’. I’ve been the bigger and better person, but what was the point if it was only getting worse by the minute.

I felt him graze his nose against my cheek and then he whispered. “Please, Sophie.” I rolled my eyes and jumped off the stool and onto the ground. “Fine, but only because I love you.” I said as I pecked his cheek. I walked over to the pantry and looked for some tea bags, but couldn’t find any. I peered my head out. “Nath?” he turned back around and faced me. “Did you get any tea bags, last time you went to the store?” He pushed his eyebrows together and bit his bottom lip, “Mmm, I don’t think so.” I sighed and walked out of the pantry and towards the door and grabbed my car keys. Nathan came around the corner and gave me a questionable look. “I’ll just make a quick run to Starbucks, I’ll only be fifteen minutes.” I pecked his cheek, and with that I was out.

I got into the car and started down the driveway and towards the nearest Starbucks that was only around the corner. I struggled to change the gear with my left hand, seeing as the drove on the other side of the rode here and it was awful trying to learn how to drive all over again, but I finally got used to it.

I parked the car around the back of the shop, and got out entering the store through the side entrance. I threw my head back in annoyance at how long the line was, but just had to deal with it. I stood there with my phone in hand. I looked towards my left and two girls, no more than fifteen snickering and turning their heads to me every so often. I rolled my eyes, and paid no more attention to them.

I was almost towards the front of the line when my phone buzzed from my hands.

Nathan- Babeeeeeeee, where are you? I want my tea :) xx

To Nathan- Well don’t get your panties in a twist, I’ll be back soon, there’s a long line.

Seconds later he responded, I looked down at my phone and giggled.

Nathan- Well hurry, I want my tea ;) xxxx

To Nathan- Settle down fly boy.

With that I locked my phone and placed it in my back pocket just as I reached the barista.

“What can I get for such a pretty lady like you today?” I scoffed, and raised an eyebrow at his attempt to flirt with me. “Can I get one medium green tea, and a large black please.” I said as his eyes stared at my cleavage, I pulled my shirt up and snapped in front of his face. “My eyes are up here.” I said while pointing to my eyes. He nodded while a blush started to form in his cheeks and he put the orders in. “Is that it?” I nodded and gave him my debit card, he swiped it and returned it along with my two teas.

I walked out, pushing the door open with my shoulder and started walking towards my car when I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and the same two girls that were in the shop earlier, were following me.

“Yes?” I said while struggling to hold the teas, the one girl approached my faster than the other one did. She showed my a piece of paper, which I struggled to reach but I managed. “What’s this?” I said while pursing my lips together. “Hi, our names are Anna and Emma and we’re really big fans of The Wanted.” I smiled as they introduced themselves.

“We were wondering if you could possibly give this to Nathan” I smiled and nodded my head. “Of course, I will. It was great meeting you guys.” I said while turning my heel and back towards the car.

“Oh wait, one last thing Sophie.” I turned back around to see both of them itching their way closer to me with a smirk written across their faces. I leaned my back against the car door, and eyed the up and down as they were now only centimeters away from me. Who I presume was Emma, came closer to me and huffed as she scanned my body. “You really are a whore.”

Those five words, hit me like a brick wall. I tilted my head to the side and raise my head. “What the hell? What are begining on about?” I demanded while raising my voice. Anna chuckled to herself as she stepped closer to me and pushed the two cups of teas right of my hands and onto the ground. “The fuck?” I said, trying to contain myself. She grabbed a fistful of my hair and pushed my body off the car and grasped my scalp tighter. I closed my eyes in pain and tried to get out of her grasp but that only made her tighten it. “Listen to me closely Sophie. You’re going to stay away from Nathan. He’s mine, you hear that little bitch?” She growled into my ear, I closed my eyes and let a tear fall down my cheek. She shoved me against the door once again and smirked as she ran her finger along my cheek. I clenched my jaw and turned my head to the side. She slapped me hard across the face, resulting in it stinging. She spat on the ground next to me and walked way smugly with her friend. I ran a hand through my hair and got into the car locking it, and placing my head on the steering wheel.

Why me? Why did I deserve this? I wasn’t a bad person, I really wasn’t. Out of everyone in the world, I had to be the victim.

Why couldn’t I just have a normal relationship.

I took one look at myself in the compact mirror, and sighed as the outline of her hand was still visible against my cheek. I grabbed some powder foundation and patted some on my cheek trying to hide the redness of it which eventually worked. I threw the my makeup back into my bag and started down the back to the house.

I finally parked the car into the garage and patted my fingers against the wheel as I zoned out. I couldn’t take this anymore, I couldn’t live like this anymore; I had to leave.

I left the car on and just grabbed my bag, I unlocked the front door and placed my bag on the table and into the living room and saw Nathan, sitting on the couch watching his game. He turned around and smiled and I went up to him and sat on his lap and buried my head in the crook of his neck. “Where’s my tea?” he mumbles and I sigh as I trace patterns on his chest.

“I wasn’t able to get it, Michelle called me she said it was important” I lied through gritted teeth. He nodded understandingly and took a sigh of relief. I stood up and took one last look at him, he had no idea that I wasn’t coming back. But it was for the best of us, the best for him.

“I love you.” I whispered trying not to make this emotional. He nodded and stood up and gave me a lingering kiss. “Love you too.” I held onto him one last time, of only he knew what was about to happen. I grabbed my coat, purse, and phone, the only things I really needed. I took in a deep breathe as my hand gripped onto the doorknob and and turned the handle.

“Sophie.” I whipped my head around as I heard Nathan call for me. “Come home soon babe.” He said as he walked over and kissed my forehead, I bit my bottom lip trying to hold in the tears. “Of course.” I said as I traced his jaw, he closed his eyes feeling the comfort of my skin. My heart ached at the thought of how much he meant to me, how much I meant to him, how much we meant to each other. I took one last look at him, and turned the doorknob all the way and shut the door behind me. I took in a deep breath, and walked towards the car, a trip that only lasted for eight seconds, but felt like eternity.

-----

“Sophie?” I heard Michelle say accross the phone line. I took in a deep breathe, as I sat in my car outside the airport. “Sophie, hello? You there?”

“Hi, Michelle.” I managed to say as I turned the car engine off.

“What’s up babe?” she asked. I bit my bottom lip and ran a hand through my hair. “I---I...uh.” I stuttered out.

“Sophie, what's wrong.”

“I’m leaving.” I blurted out. The other end of the line went silent, I bit my fingers waiting for a response, seconds later what seemed like a door was shut. “What the hell do you mean, you’re leaving?” she said, anger filling her voice.

“I’m leaving Nathan, leaving London, leaving everything. I’m going back home, Mich. I can’t do this anymore. The constant pressure and hate from fans, the terror of Dionne coming back into Nathan’s life again. W--what if Nathan decides to cheat on me, with someone else just like he did with Dionne. I just can’t do it anymore.”

“Sophie. Stop it, listen to yourself. Do you honestly think Nathan would ever cheat on you?” I bit the inside of my cheek and grabbed my purse and got out of the car, locking it behind me. I threw my keys in the nearest trash can and walked into the airport.

“I don’t Mich, but that’s not something I’m willing to risk. Plus that’s not the reason why I’m leaving.” I said, as I stood in line for check-ins.

“Then tell me the god damn reason why the hell you’re leaving the man who loves you. The man who talks about you nonstop, the fucking man who left is fiancee, for you.” she practically yelled through the phone.

“It’s the fans.” I whispered. “Damn it, Sophie. I told you already, it’s going to get better.”

“But that’s the thing Michelle, it hasn’t gotten better!” I shouted at the phone, earning several stares from everyone around me.

“Sophie, please just don’t leave. Tell me where you are. I’ll come and pick you up.” I shook my head as a tear rolled down my cheek. “No, Michelle. Stay at home, I’m already at the airport. Nothing that you can do or say will stop me now. Just tell Nathan, that I love him and not to come after me......and tell him it’s over.”

“Soph, don’t do it.” She urged one more time. I closed my eyes, and took in a deep breathe. “One last thing Michelle.”

“Yea.” she said, her voice cracking almost if tears were forming in her eyes.

“Thank you.” I whispered and hung up, that was it, it was over.

I reached the front of the line, and the women gave me a sympathetic look, most likely hearing my conversation. I smiled and gave her my passport. I looked down at my phone and turned it off, I was no longer going to keep in contact with any of them. I didn’t know what I was gonna do once I was in New York again, all that I knew was that I needed to get out of here.

“Where is your destination towards ma’am?” she politely asked. “New York.” I bluntly said. “Round Trip?” she asked one more time.

“No, one way.”

There was no coming back, I was leaving for good.