Status: Complete :) No sequel, sorry! xx

Beyond the Sea

Chapter 37

Nathan’s P.O.V

~ Two Months Later ~

“Mate you need come out of your room... you need to get over her.” Max shouted while banging on my bedroom door, well his bedroom door.

After she left, I gave up on everything. I sold our apartment I moved in with Max and Michelle, not bearing to buy another apartment thinking maybe, just maybe she was going to come back. I threw all of her things, I changed my phone number.

I completely dropped her out of my life.

She had no right to be in it anymore, she’s the one that left me in the first place. Our entire relationship was a lie, nothing more to it. I thought I loved her, I thought she was the one, I thought she was different. But it turns out that no one really is different.

But after all of this, I was never truly over her. I still wanted her in my arms, I wanted to kiss her, call her mine, tell her how beautiful she is. I wanted to protect her from the world. I eventually wanted to call her mine and only mine.

I wanted Sophie again.

~ Three Months Later ~

I felt anger going up my veins, my fists clenched together as Max stepped in front of Michelle. “What the hell do you mean she called you the day she left.” I spat. Michelle sighed and stepped in front of Max and placed her hand on my cheek as a tear ran down her cheek. “Nathan please just sit down and I’ll explain everything.”

I stepped back and furiously walked into the living room I sat myself down on the couch as she sat opposite of me.

I was furious, angry, and most of all hurt. How could she have known this and not told me. I could’ve stopped Sophie from leaving. She could’ve been here with me and everything would’ve been alright.

“She called me when she was at the airport Nathan, there was nothing that I could’ve done. By the time we got to the airport she left, she left and there was nothing we could’ve done Nathan. We tried calling her when she got to New York, but she changed her number.” she looked down and started playing with her fingers. She then looked back up at me and tears started swelling up.

“I’m sorry Nathan, all I was trying to do was protect her.” She stood up and started walking towards the kitchen, I stood up behind her and yanked her back by her wrist. She yelled in pain and struggled to get out of my grasp.

“Nathan, stop! You’re hurting me.” she cried out.

I was pushed back and held against the wall by Max. “Don’t you ever fucking touch Mich again.” He spat, I pushed him back and furiously walked back into my room.

~ Five Months Later ~

My body relaxed into my bed as I stared at a picture of her. I missed her so much, I loved her so much and she gave up on us. We both went through so much shit just to be together, and just threw it all away.

I sighed and placed a picture of her inside my nightstand and walked out of my room. I slowly went down the steps, and finally reached the kitchen where Michelle and Nareesha were chatting away. However they were reading something on their laptop. Nareesha carefully turned the laptop to the side so I couldn’t see the screen.

I sighed and shook my head as I walked towards the laptop and turned it around so that it was properly facing me. I inhaled a sharp breath, as it was a picture of Sophie, in some sort of fashion week. My eyes scanned over the caption.

Sophie Leigh attends London Fashion Week, wearing a beautiful violet Versace jumpsuit.

She was here, she was in the same city as me, I could’ve gone to see her, I could’ve made her mine again. I felt a warm hand place on top of mine. I looked up to see Nareesha looking at me, and giving me a slight smile.

“Nathan, you’ll find someone else, just let her be.” she said and ruffled my hair.

There was no way I wa going to forget about her, I just can’t.

~ 8 Months Later~

‘Nathan, are you ready. The plane is ready to board.” Nano said catching me out of my trance. He patted my shoulder and I stood up grabbing my stuff, leading behind him. I felt a small hand against my back and turned around to see Michelle standing there.

“Are you sure you're ready to go back to NY” she said as Max came over grabbing their luggage, and started for the terminal.

I shrugged my shoulders. “I don’t have any other option do I? It’s my job, it’s not like I can just drop out of the band.”

She smiled and pinched my cheek. “Thats my lil Nath.” I smiled and then fixed my beanie. “Mich can I ask you something?” she looked up at my through her eyelashes and nodded.

“What if we run into Sophie in New York.” I asked while making our way into the plane. I took my seat, and she sat next to me with Max sitting closest to the window. “Well, lets just hope we don’t. It’s a big city, there’s no way we can run into her.”

I sighed and leaned my head against the seat. I felt my body relax, I wasn’t sure if I was ready to go back just yet.

I was scared to see her again.

I was scared to fall in love with her, all over again.

Sophie's P.O.V

~ One Week Later~

I let my body relax as another man took a body shot off me. I grabbed his hair as he licked the salt off my neck and poured the shot down. I smiled and leaned in and kissed him, I didn’t know who he was all I knew was that he had the money to buy me drinks.

I leaned over the bar counter, making sure to show some cleavage and gained the bartenders attention. “Two vodka redbulls.” I shouted over the music, he nodded and began on making the drinks. I sat back down, and saw the man was gone. I shrugged my shoulders presuming he went to the bathroom.

The bartender came over with drinks and placed them down, with a wink. I smiled and started drinking it. I felt someone take a seat next to me, but I didn’t bother to look.

“Vodka redbull as usual.” My body froze as I heard the familiar voice, I took one last sip and gently placed the drink in front of me beginning to feel nervous. I slowly turned my body so I was now facing him.

“Jay.” I said breathless, he smirked and took one last sip of his whisky and placed it in front of him. “W-what are you doing here?” I said while running my hands through my hair.

“Got a couple gigs over here in the next couple of days.”

“Oh.” I said while slowly reaching for my wallet. “Are you here with everyone else.” I asked while secretly grabbing my car keys. “Yeah, everyones over there”, he said while pointing to a table near the back. My eyes wandered over to them, and I saw him. I felt my heart ache as I saw how happy he was. I took the opportunity and dashed out of my seat, running towards the door.

I finally made it out, safely. I couldn’t stay in that club any longer it was too dangerous. I can’t see him again, I can’t hurt him again.

“Sophie! Sophie!”I started walking towards my car when I heard my name being called. I turned around and saw Jay running my away. I sighed and closed my eyes and began on walking faster.

“Sophie stop right there, don’t you dare move any further.” I stopped and turned around as I saw him running closer to me. “No, Jay just go back inside. Go back and pretend like you never saw, don’t tell him you saw me.” I said in between tears.

He shook his head and hugged me closer to him. “No, I’m not going to let you go like Michelle and Max did last time.” I looked up and started hitting his chest hoping that he’ll let me go.

“Sophie god damn it stop it.” He yelled.

“No, Jay I can’t see Nathan again. I just can’t. I caused him too much pain, and I can’t see him go through that.” I yelled.

“No Sophie! That’s what you think. For fucking sake, he still cares about you, he misses you, HE FUCKING STILL LOVES YOU.” he practically yelled ontop of his lungs. I stepped back and tried to process everything.

He still loved me.

There was no way that was possible, I left him, he has to hate me.

“Jay, you don’t know that.” I spat. He shook his head and rolled his eyes. “Sophie, he never forgot about you, he talks about you in his sleep. I know him, he’s like my little brother, he never forgot about you.”

“Jay..” before I could finish my sentence. My body was pushed into the passenger seat and Jay locked the door making his way over to the drivers seat. He started the car and started down the road. I groaned and rested my head against the window. “Where are you taking me now?” I said.

“Back to the hotel.” he said simply. My eyes shot up, and I turned my body facing him. “No, you can’t do that. Is Nathan going to be there?” I said while squirming as I said his name.

“No.”

“Don’t fucking lie to me bird, is he going to be there?” he shrugged his shoulders and bit his lip as he continued to drive. I groaned and kicked my feet up. “This is considered to be kidnapping ya know?” I said while looking out the window.

“Fine, then tell me you don’t want to see Nathan and I’ll drive you back home.” I sighed and looked down at my lap and played with my shirt. “Exactly.” he said as he kept his eyes on the road.

Minutes later, we reached the hotel and I unbuckled my seatbelt as we reached the front. I got out as Jay handed the valet the keys and we both made our way inside the hotel. We stepped into the elevator and I grasped the railing as I tried to think of all the shit that has happened in my life so far.

I looked over at Jay who was leaning against the wall, with a smirk smacked right across his face. I huffed and started to walk out of the elevator as we reached the floor.

“Follow me this way.” he said while nodding his head in the direction of the room. I walked behind him and he swiped his hotel key and walked in, I closed the door behind me with my shoe and walked into the living room. I smiled as I saw they were all living in the same Penthouse again.

“Soph, do you want anything to drink?” Jay called from the kitchen. “No thanks.” I shouted back. He walked in minutes later with a beer in hand, and sat on the couch. I sat opposite of him.

“So where’s everyone?” I said while taking off my leather jacket. He looked down at his phone and then back up at me. “They should be here shortly.” he said.

“Jay, I really don’t want to see him again. I can’t take the pain of seeing his face again.” “No one’s stopping you from walking out that door.” he said while pointing at the door and getting up to get another beer. I leaned back against the couch and started playing with the nailpolish on my nails.

The front door opened, and the room was filled with different voice, those that I can remember. I looked up through my eyelashes and saw him. He still didn’t notice me as he was engulfed in a conversation with Max. I got up from the couch and slowly made my way towards them as they made their way into the living room.

“Sophie.” Michelle said as she entered the living room. I smiled and held my arms up, in a surprise matter. “Hi guys.” I said while directing my attention to Nathan. His body froze as he heard my voice and stopped talking to Max.

“What is she doing here?” he asked, with bitterness in his voice. I closed my eyes and turned to Jay. “I told you, I’ll just leave then.” I said while going to reach for my things.

“No wait.” I turned around and saw Nathan come out of the group of people. “Can we talk real quick, in my room?” I nodded and followed him into his room.

I walked in and stood awkwardly in the middle of the room, as he shut the door behind him. “Listen Nathan if you don’t wanna talk then that's completely fine...I understand.”

“No, Sophie just stay for a minute, please?” I sighed and sat on the edge of his bed. “So how’s everything.” I asked as he started pacing back and forth. He scratched the stubble that was slowly starting to form. I looked up at him as he itched his was closer to the bed. “Do you really wanna know how everything is, huh?” I bit my lip and nodded.

“It’s been absolutely fantastic, someone who I onced loved around eight months ago decided to leave me without saying a word. Left me without anything, I was hurt. She changed her number, she moved back home, and left me without a trace, and now eight months later she’s standing right in front of me.” He said while knocking a flower pot down, I flinched as it hit the ground.

“Nathan, it’s not what you think it...” Before I could finish my sentence he pulled me up off the bed and started walking towards the door while grabbing my wrist tightly. “Just fucking leave, Sophie.” he growled while looking at door. He opened the door, but I pushed it back with my foot.

“If you really want me to leave, if you never want to see me again. Look me straight in the eye and tell me to leave, and I’ll be gone forever.” I stared back at him, looking into his green eyes for some kind of answer. I raised my hand to gently touch his cheek, he closed his eyes as my skin came in contact with him. I felt tears starting to form in my eyes. “I missed you so much.” I whispered. He let out a shaky breath and wrapped his arms around pulling me closer to me.

I grasped his shirt, and started crying letting out everything that I’ve been holding in the past months. “Believe me Nathan, I never wanted to hurt you. I just wanted to best for you and me.” I said while sobbing into his chest. “I never stopped loving you Nathan, I never wanted to move on. I just needed to leave for my own sake, I couldn’t take it any more.”

He let go of me, and tucked to fingers underneath my chin making lookup at him again. “I never wanted you to hurt you Sophie. I wanted to protect you from everyone, but they found their way in and hurt our relationship. I can’t let you go again.” I wrapped both of my arms around his neck, and started playing with the hairs at the end of his neck.

“You won't lose me this time.” He wrapped one arm around my waist, and pulled me closer to him. Our bodies were so close I could practically feel his heartbeat against my own. He lowered his face, and pressed our noses together so we were only centimeters apart.

“Sometimes in order to find the one you want to spend that rest of your life with, you have to look beyond the sea.” He whispered against my lips.

“I love you Nathan Sykes.” I said as I pulled him closer to, I felt his eyelashes against my cheek.

“And I love you Sophie Leigh.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! This is the end! Hope you enjoyed :) xx