Status: active

Stay High

One

The blistering heat beamed down onto the city. It was almost too much for Amy's fair skin, which she hadn't doused in sun-cream as per usual. Rubbing her bare arm, she let her head fall into her slightly tanned hands and exhaled deeply. Not only was her attire earning her odd looks and the occasional mutter, it was making her feel uncomfortable - she didn't have time to think about her outfit she just needed to get out.

Taking in her surroundings she felt calm. The woodland area that surrounded her house was absolutely beautiful, it was a place of clarity and just about the only place she felt completely alone and safe. Her legs dangled in the clear lake, creating a path of ripples across sun-kissed water. Reaching down and cupping the water she poured it onto her hot scalp.

Amy mentally cursed at herself for not changing her mobile number. She had changed her emails, deleted social media sites and even blocked his number. She felt stupid, of course she should have. Now she had to start all over after hearing his voice. She shook her head, slightly laughing and biting her lip. It amazed her the power he had over her, it made her angry, it made her want to shout and scream. For a split moment, she thought about doing it before the sound of faint footsteps made her feel a little uneasy.

Amy crossed her arms across her chest and sat staring down at the water as the footsteps seemed to stop and start again. It seemed almost as if somebody was lost, or trying to find their way. Trying to find their way to her. She frowned at her inability to want to move, she was sat in the middle of a forrest and a stranger was approaching her yet, she didn't want to run away. Her fists gripped her vest, so tight her knuckles went white. The footsteps stopped behind her.

"Thought you'd be here".

Amy turned her head, her chest aching and her mouth falling dry. Harry stood blocking the sun, little strands of hair poking out in all directions. His large hands stuffed into his pockets and he let out a weak smile, feeling awkward at her complete silence.

She just couldn't fantom his motives. He had called her and she had hung up, what on earth made him thing following her to the only place she felt safe would be a good idea? She frowned finally pushing her shaking body from the water and staring up at him. She couldn't find words, only facial expressions, which made Harry shuffle his feet and rub the back of his puffy, curly hair.

She stared at him. It had been the first time she had seen him in nine months and he'd certainly ... grown. His arms and chest seemed a lot bigger and his arms now supported many more tattoos. His hair had gotten longer too, he probably hadn't had it cut since she had done it for him.

"I uh," he pulled his hands and rubbed them together, "I was passing and I went to your house to see if you was in, your mum said you was here."

The look he gave Amy told her that her mum was drunk. She just shrugged it off and pretended it didn't matter that it was eleven o'clock in the morning. She had nothing to say to Harry, only one thing.

"What do you want?"

His face changed from curious to hurt, his eyelids falling and his cheekbones tensing. His jaw seemed to grip, almost as if he seemed angry. Of course, he was angry at himself, Amy knew that. She didn't know however, if he regretted what he had done to her or if he just needed to tie up a few loose ends. If he had just left her and kept bothering her, she would have stomped away my now leaving him and her past behind her. That wasn't the case.

Harry shrugged. It made her blood boil. She had never bothered him for an explanation. If he respected her at all, he would have given her one, but he didn't. Now, the first time she asked, he carelessly shrugged his awkward shoulders and looked to the side. Unable to even keep his gaze on her. Her fists balled together and her eyes narrowed into tiny slits. He opened his mouth to speak again but Amy wouldn't and couldn't take it anymore.

"Well stop bothering me then, asshole."

She bent down and grabbed her shoulder bag, swinging it over her shoulder and cracking Harry on the shin before pushing past him, pushing her feet down harder and harder with each stride. Amy knew he was watching her, she could feel his eyes on her, watching her stomp away.

On her walk back to her house she found his car parked outside of the woods, one half on the pavement the other half not. she frowned, wondering why he had rushed to see her and what would make him leave his brand new BMW half way between a road and a junction. Turning her head, she marched the whole way back to her house, nothing but anger filling her from head to toe.

Her mother didn't seem to move from the sofa when Amy slammed the front door shut, pulling the lock chain across and running the whole way from the stairs into her room. She reached into her bag and dialled Maria's number, praying her best friend would answer. As quickly as one ring, she suddenly heard her best friends groggy voice as she began to explain every detail.

"You still have those black high heels that make you look like you belong down a catwalk?" Her friend asked, confidence spilling from her voice.

Amy laughed a little, "Yeah I do, why?"

"We're going somewhere special tonight."
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback is great!

(again, sorry for the grammar, still having sorted out a good writing unit. if anybody has a mac and has found a good writing app please let me know!)