Status: Completed. This is the sequel of The First Cut is the Deepest, so if you haven't read that story, you should read that story first then come back here for this story. =) Third and final installment is already up.

Here We Go Again

Chapter 1

Nicole


I wish I could say that Will and I never had problems after we got together, but I would be lying if I did. The truth was that Will and I had a lot of obstacles in our relationship. We had insecurities. We had doubts. And we had all the other problems every other couple had. I would also be lying if I said we never broke up because of these problems. Because we did break up.

Image


"Was that the exit?" Will asked as he pointed out the window. I glanced at him before I quickly changed lanes.

"Shh..." I replied as I took the next exit. He rolled his eyes at me. I continued driving and hummed along to the song on the radio.

We were both currently in California and I was driving. Will already knew that I was going to visit my family back in California for a bit of the summer and when I told him that I would miss him during that time, he offered to come with me. Well, more like he insisted that he came with me. So here we were. My mom had left me a car in the long-term parking lot at the airport in case I flew in without letting her know and I could come home on my own.

Our junior year had just ended last week and Will and I have been together for a little bit over three and a half months now. The time that Will and I have been together has been... interesting. Now that I was with him, he was different towards me. Yeah, he would still tease me like before, but knowing that he loved me, he did treat me better than I would have ever expected. I smiled to myself as I felt Will's hand on my knee as I drove. He was really affectionate. I always knew he was affectionate with the way he was with Annabella, but I still had to get used to the fact that he was affectionate towards me now. I looked to the right of me at him and smiled.

"What?" he asked. I let out a small laugh.

"Nothing," I replied as I looked away from him. I looked out the window and noticed familiar scenery. I pointed out the window before I spoke up. "You see that small coffee shop there?" I asked him. Will looked out the window before he nodded slowly.

"Charlie's Cafe?" he asked as we drove past it.

"Yup, that place. I love that place. You have no idea how many times that place has been my comfort and safe haven. Their coffee and stuff are really good too," I explained.

"Maybe we can go there later."

"Yeah, sure. The owners are really nice," I commented. We passed by the park and I thought of all the memories I had there. Some good, some bad. I finally made it to my neighborhood and passed a few more streets before I drove up to my house and pulled into the driveway. "We're here," I stated as I turned off the car. I looked out through the dashboard window as I took the keys out of the ignition. As Will and I stepped out of the car, I felt a warm breeze pass by us. I missed the warm weather of California. I grabbed my bags from the trunk as Will did the same with his. When I got them, I sighed happily as I gazed at my house. It was exactly how it was when I left. My house wasn't fancy or anything. Just a regular two-story house. It had four bedrooms, already including one guest bedroom. It had three bathrooms, one in my mom's room, one in my room, and one in the hallway downstairs. As I looked at my house, I felt Will's hand entwine with mine. I smiled at him and led him to the front door. "I know it isn't that great, but it's my home and I love it!" I said to him. He nodded as I pulled out my house key. I unlocked the door and pushed it open before I poked my head in. "Hello? Anyone home?" I called into the house. I heard a slight shuffling noise before I saw a little boy with dark hair run out from the living room. I opened the door all the way and greeted my little brother with a big hug. "Eric! Oh my gosh! It's so great to see you!" I exclaimed as I picked him up and twirled him around once. When I let go of him, he clung to my leg. For a seven-year-old, he still acted like a three-year-old. I laughed lightly.

"I missed you so much!" Eric exclaimed.

"I know, I know," I replied as I ruffled his hair slightly. "Eric, you remember Will, right? You played video games with him in England," I said to him. He looked up and gave me a questioning look.

"Will?" he questioned. I moved my arms towards Will as he stood by the door awkwardly.

"Yeah, Eric. He's my boyfriend," I said as I used my hands to gesture to him.

Eric looked up at Will and I swore I saw a look of fear cross his face. I guessed Eric didn't really notice how tall Will was before. The fear soon faded away though as Will bent down to his level and smiled at him. A small smile broke out onto Eric's face.

"So since you're my big sister's boyfriend now, do you love her?" Eric asked him bluntly. I saw Will's face turn a light shade of pink. I blushed as well.

"Um..." he started nervously as he glanced up at me and then back at Eric. "Yes, I do," he replied.

"You better," Eric and I said at the same time. I grinned down at him while Will gave us a weird look.

"What? Great minds think alike," I replied. Will shook his head slightly, a smile on his lips. "So Eric, where's mom?"

Eric smiled and grabbed Will's big hand. "I'll show you guys," he replied. He tried dragging Will, but we all knew he couldn't, so Will stood back up and let Eric lead him to where ever he was leading him to. I followed close behind after I closed the front door, our luggage left near the door. "Mom! Look who's home!" Eric said happily as we walked into the kitchen. My mom was at the kitchen table, papers scattered in front of her and her reading glasses on.

"Oh!" my mom said in surprise as she took off her glasses and stood up. She pulled me into a hug before she also pulled Will into a hug. "It's so great to see you guys!" she said when she pulled away. "Nicole, you have got to start telling me when you fly in, so I could at least be a little prepared and clean the house a bit," she said with a roll of her eyes. I shrugged at her as Eric ran out of the room, probably to go play video games or something.

"But I like surprising you," I replied. She pinched my cheek before she turned to Will.

"How are you, Will? How was the flight?" she asked politely.

"I'm doing great, thank you. The flight was a bit stuffy though," he replied. I told him we were taking coach and he nearly threw a hissy fit. He had to get used to not having all the luxuries some time.

"I'm doing perfectly fine too, mom. Thanks for asking," I said sarcastically as I started to rummage through the fridge for something to eat.

"Oh, quiet. I'll get to you," she said. I rolled my eyes at her as I grabbed a string cheese. I opened the package and started eating it as my mom spoke up again. "I didn't know you were going to be here as well, Will."

"Yeah, I didn't want to be away from Nicole for too long. Plus, my parents are away on holiday and I didn't want to go home to an empty house," he explained.

"Aw," I gushed as I pinched his cheek. "You can't get enough of me," I said with a laugh. Will swatted my hand away from him as I laughed again.

"Well, you're welcome here anytime," my mom said with a smile. I finished up my string cheese and tossed the wrapper in the trash.

"Welp," I started. "we're going to unpack," I said as I grabbed Will's hand.

"Will can take the spare bedroom downstairs," my mom said as I kissed her cheek quickly. I nodded at her as Will and I left the kitchen. We picked up our luggage and I showed Will to his room.

"This is your room. My room is upstairs, second door on the right. Come on up when you're done unpacking and I'll show it to you," I said as I leaned up and tried to give him a kiss on the cheek. Of course both Will and I knew that my tippy toes weren't enough, so he leaned down a bit so I could reach him. I planted a quick kiss on him before I turned around and dragged my luggage up the stairs and into my room.

I stared at my room, a small smile on my face. I dragged my luggage further into my room and started to unpack my things. After I finished that, I glanced over at my bed. I ran and flopped onto it. I rolled around on it for a little bit, loving the feel of it. I stopped moving and just laid down on my back, sighing contently. It had been forever since I last laid down on my bed. I didn't realize how much I missed it until now. Just as I felt as if I was going to drift off to sleep from jet lag, I heard a light knock on my bedroom door. I looked towards the door and saw Will standing there.

"May I come in?" he asked me, a small smile on his face. I sat up and smiled back at him before I nodded. He entered my room and closed the door behind him. He walked towards me and sat down on the bed next to me. "So this is your room, huh?" he muttered as he leaned back on his arms.

"Yup," I replied as I leaned on my arms as well.

"And this is your bed, huh?" he asked me as he turned towards me and winked. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Yes, this is my bed, but we aren't going to do anything on it, alright?" I said as I sat up.

"Psh," he scoffed. "As if we went that far in the first place..." he muttered more to himself. I glared at him quickly before I turned away from him.

It was true though. Will and I hadn't really gotten that far. The farthest we had gotten was second base. It wasn't that I didn't want to go farther, because I did want to. It was just, I felt a little self-conscious about my body. Not many guys accepted me for my cutting and other than Chris, Will knew about my cutting and accepted that about me. When I told Jason about my cutting when we were together, he said he was there for me. After finding out everything between us was a lie though, I knew he wasn't really there for me. And after we broke up, he relentlessly made fun of me for it. Will, on the other hand, was very supportive of me. Other than the fact of the cutting though, I was still feeling like I wasn't good enough for Will. I mean, before me, he was dating Annabella. How could I possibly compare to her? If I did have sex with Will, I had a feeling that Annabella would be better in his book. Also, knowing that he had been with another girl was a slight put off for me. I hadn't even told Will yet about my insecurities though.

I sighed as I leaned back onto my back. All those thoughts though were wiped from my mind when I felt Will's lips on my own. I smiled under his lips and let myself kiss him for a few seconds before I pulled away. "I'm serious though. Nothing will go as far as this while we're in this house, got it?" I said. He sighed as he hovered over me.

"Fine..." he said. I leaned up and kissed him again. "Does your backyard count?" he asked between kisses. I giggled.

"Nowhere on this property, you dork..." I said back through the kisses.

"You ruin all the fun."

"Too bad..." I said with a grin. I kissed him one last time before I pulled away from him. "I'm going to take a shower," I said as I stood up from the bed. Will rolled back onto his back and leaned back down onto his forearms on my bed as he watched me grab a towel.

"Can I watch?" he asked. I turned back to him in shock and he had a devilish smirk on his face.

"You are a pervert," I stated as I walked into my bathroom. He didn't bother to reply and instead laughed.

I shut and locked the door behind me before I leaned my back against the door. I pressed my palm against my chest and my heart was racing. I glanced into the mirror and my face was red. Will did treat me differently now that we were together. He was a total horn dog to me. If this was what Annabella had to deal with for how many years she was with him, she was a trooper. I had no idea how to handle this. Every time he said anything like that, I couldn't help but blush. Even though we shared a dorm room and bathroom for so many months already, I was even more aware of him since we got together. I shook my head to clear my thoughts before I started my shower.
♠ ♠ ♠
And here's the first chapter of the sequel! I'm really excited for this story to be out, because it's been awhile since I've posted a story other than a one-shot or drabble, so yeah.
For all my readers of The First Cut is the Deepest, I hope I don't disappointment you guys with this sequel. I hope I did this story justice and you guys like it just as much as I do.

I was actually going to post this chapter up yesterday, but the custom layout I made messed up the whole chapter and made it completely unreadable. And I was about to leave the place where I get internet, so I was going to fix the layout then post the chapter later on today. But when I went to fix my layout just now, I found out everything I made for my layout somehow got wiped, so I have to start from scratch. So in the meantime, I have to use this generic layout. =/

Anyway, comment, subscribe, and recommend! Let me know what you think! =)