Life Was Simplistic Then

~2

The Crew loaded onto the ship in about an hour. Arthyr kept to his word and left behind three crew members. "Luna?"

"Yes, captain?" A woman, who looked no older than Leanna, stood next to the Captain. She had fire red hair and big blue eyes.

"We have a princess aboard. Help me train her, and she'll become a crew mate." He looked out to the open ocean, taking in the beauty of the rippling, midnight blue of the calm waters against the light of the sunrise. Arthyr had always felt protected by the waters.

"Is someone is love~?" Luna asked, dragging out the 'o' in love. She smirked at the man, who immediately turned his annoyed gaze to her.

"No, Luna." He spat at her. "Love is a stupid emotion that I have no time for." He walked to his cabin, looking for the map he always had with him.

"You're delving into work early. Is something bothering you, Captain?" Luna had followed him to his quarters, a bottle of rum in hand.

"Aye. You and Princess are the only women that are somewhat respected on my ship, and yet you push my limits." He took her rum, taking a large swig before handing it back to her. She took a swig as well. "Do you wish to be beheaded?"

"No, sir. Where is the princess, anyway?"

"Sleeping." He pointed to the bed that contained the ever-still princess. She walked over to the bed.

"Wake up, royal scum. We have work." Luna kicked the edge of the bed with a great deal of force. Leanna sat up. "Get dressed, get the sword out of the bed post and meet me on the deck." Luna walked out.

"Harsh." Leanna muttered, grabbing her outfit, which contained a white blouse, brown belt, and red pants. Everything looked extremely expensive. She hadn't realized Arthyr was there and began stripping.

"First day and I've already got you stripping in front of me." He smirked at the girlish squeal she let out. She threw the sword at him with precise aim, and he caught it between his two fingers. "Now, now, is that anyway to treat your captain?" He walked over and grabbed his pistol, putting the tip of the barrel under her chin. "I have no problem shooting you and whoever's above you." She started breathing heavily until he stepped back. "I'd hate to ruin a pretty face and beautiful body, but rules are rules. If I was anyone else, I probably would have died."

She took this moment to decipher what he was wearing. A long, black, burned coat, white bandages around his chest, no shirt, and black pants. Around his waist, his belt was also black with tinges of green here and there. It held his sword and two pistols. Silver dueling pistols. The black, green and silver really made his albino skin look better, and his muscles pop. He wasn't too muscular, but you could tell he worked. "Sorry, Captain."

"Grab your sword and let's go." He muttered, turning in such a way that his coat fluttered behind him.

"Yessir." She muttered, finishing her tasks.

~

"No, no, no!" Luna yelled, fixing Leanna's wrong position. "Elbows and shoulders! The wrist is to keep shock in control!" Arthyr facepalmed.

"I'm trying, peasant!" Leanna yelled, throwing the sword so that it got stuck in the deck at her feet. Luna gasped and slapped her.

"Don't assault me, woman. You may be royal, but I'm not afraid to kill your ass here." Luna spat, grabbing the sword. "Dismissed."

Leanna walked on before bumping into another muscular crew member. "Are you okay, miss?"

"O-Oui, I'm fine. Thank you. Oh, and I'm Princess Leanna Rêvé of France. You are...?"

"O-Oh! I'm Hans of the Kingdom of Prussia. I'm not royalty, but..." He bowed. "...I will treat you well, like any prince should. I'm sorry about those two, by the way. They're not accustomed to teaching people or rule breakers."

"Can you tell me a bit about them?"

"Ja. Arthyr comes from a family of male captains. No fathers stayed for their sons, to give them a non-loved approach. You know, to keep the fear line going. And Luna? That's his sister. She's a rude one. Break her walls and be amazed by how much nicer she really is." He said, crouching down about four inches lower to her height.

"Captain! Ship to the left, I advise to the left!"

"Danke, deck scoundrel!" He yelled back to the bird's eye man. "You heard, to the damn left!"

"Aye!" The members yelled, turning the ship and setting the cannons.

"Ready!" Arthyr yelled, putting his black boot on the side of the ship. "Who in holy hell is the captain?!?"

"That would be me, Heisgänden!" A Portuguese accent called out. A tall, tan man with a long ponytail called out. He was clad in a shorter brown coat with a white shirt, brown cut-off pants, and a white belt that held two gold fighting pistols -- obviously more expensive -- and a red metal sword. "Too much money for the wanna be Captain?"

"I prefer more than more expensive. Plus, gold and red just aren't my colors." He grabbed his sword. "Come show me the difference!"

"You've got it!" He yelled, jumping between the two ships
♠ ♠ ♠
The story gets better over time. I promise. <3 ~