Life Was Simplistic Then

~4

He held her soft cheek in his tender hand as his virgin lips met hers. Arthyr was confused, for he hadn't ever kissed anyone except for a peck on his sister's cheek. Leanna's lips moved, and he matched it. Someone cleared their throat from the doorway. "Are you done with your little make-out session, Bruder?"

"Luna, get out, gott verdammt!" He drew his pistol, aiming it at her. She immediately ran, a large smirk on her face. "So sorry..."

"It's fine, really. I'll... see you tonight."

"See you." He laid on the bed, a thick blush visible. 'What did I just get myself into?' He thought, blowing the raven black hair away from his forest green eyes. It's not like he regretted kissing her, he just... didn't know how to go about life anymore. 'How do I talk to her now?'

"Cap?" Hans stepped into the large room.

"What, dummkopf?" He asked, only raising his head to look at the muscular crew member.

"Well, we -- the crew believe that you should get a wife. Settle on the seas." Arthyr looked in confusion.

"What's a 'wife?'" He wondered, sitting up fully. Hans laughed.

"The woman you're bound to." He said. "The one you make a family with. Have you never heard of jumping the broom?"

"Yes. But being bound?"

"Metaphorically, sir." He said, beginning to walk out. Arthyr was prepared to stop him, but wanted to think alone. He locked the door, and sat on his bed.

"What... in the hell...?" He held his head in his hands, thinking about this 'wife' business. How would he bring up an idea, and with who? He peeled off his coat as he got an idea. 'I could do it with Leanna... now.' He stood, walking over to the chest that lay at the end of the bed. Opening it, he found his mother's ring. It was a silver band with two small stones of onyx and one larger stone of emerald. He also pulled out the black box that lay with it. Encasing the precious item, he stuffed the box in his pocket. Unlocking the door, he stepped out to the deck. There was Hans and Leanna. "Leanna." He said gruffly.

"Oui?" She walked over to him. He blushed, grabbing her hand and walking to the opposite end of the ship where no one was. Letting out a small sigh, he knelt and kept his hand in hers.

"Will... will you be my wife, Leanna Rêvé?" He asked, looking down to his pocket to pull out the ring. She gasped at he pulled it out of the box. "It was my mother's--"

She stopped him with a kiss, having her hands around his neck. Leanna nodded into the kiss, smiling brightly. He wrapped his pale arms around her slender middle. Someone whistled in the background. "Get a room, Bruder!"

"Schwester!" He growled, pulling Leanna closer by her waist. Luna laughed.

"You two have fun. No having sex on the Raven." She walked away from the blushing couple.

"Je t'aime, Arthyr."

"What does that mean?"

"It means 'I love you.'"

"Oh well, Ich liebe dich auch."

"What does that mean?"

"I love you too."