August & Isla

On a Sunday Afternoon.

The first time August saw her was at Adelaide's Ice Cream Shoppe. He was behind the counter with Benny, Lilia, and Ryan in the stools on the opposite side. He had just brought out their order — a banana split for Benny and Lilia and a bowl of French vanilla for Ryan — when the bells hanging from the door chimed whimsically.

A tall brunette walked in, glancing around as she made her way over to an old woman in a pink apron. August watched the girl talk to his grandmother, who was the mind behind the shop. The conversation his friends were having became a faint buzzing as all his senses shifted their attention toward her.

He watched her tuck her hair behind her ears, revealing a pair of forest green eyes. He noticed that she looked down when she smiled, bashfully. After a few more moments the two shook hands and the girl left the shop with a slight skip in her step.

None of his friends noticed his disconnection from the conversation, nor did they notice when he jumped back in. Shaking her from his mind, he returned to work.

When he got home after his shift he pulled out a notebook from under his mattress and flipped to a blank page while simultaneously grabbing a chewed up number two pencil from his nightstand.

She had flowers in her hair, blossoms tangled in her tresses. She was freckled, tanned, windblown, and dazed. The sun shown in her eyes when she smiled, but I think I saw a flash of hell, too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Those of you who have read Fools in Luxury, my other story, may recognize this. Basically, I realized the ideas and characters behind the two were very similar, and I decided to essentially combine them. I deleted Fools in Luxury(which we be back soon as something completely new since I'm too in love with the title). The first three chapters will be incredibly similar to the first three of Fools, but everything after them will be brand new.

I hope you enjoy, and thank you for the great feedback so far!♡