One Love

Blake

I knew my fear of leaving Audio alone was irrational. His stab wound was bad, but the doctors said he was in the clear. I got him to the hospital just in time. Thank the heavens. For some reason, though, I just couldn't stand leaving him alone in that room. In that giant building all by himself. He seemed so small in that room tucked under the blankets. He was so tiny, yet he looked so strong. I felt so guilty about what happened. Before he had awoke from his surgery, all I could do was stare at him. There were so many things about his face that I had never noticed before. He had so many amazing features that had never caught my eyes. Until then.

Like the way his hair sits over his discolored eye. I know he does it on purpose, but he looks so unique and almost adorably vulnerable. I had never before noticed that he had a tiny freckly right on his hairline. I also never noticed that he had a scar just under his jawline. It was always hidden by the shadow of his face which is why I never noticed.

All of those stupid little things made me even more happy that Audio was still alive. It made me so happy to know that I could keep discovering random things about his appearance or personality that I never had known before.

I quickly finished freshening up and picked up Chinese take-out for Audio before making my way back to the hospital. As I was searching for a parking space I saw what looked like Andy walking towards the entrance. He looked a bit bruised up, probably from Mr. One Night Stand, but he clearly put up a fight since he wasn't even walking with a limp. I found the closest parking spot possible and then ran for the entrance. I had to get to Audio before Andy did.

I slipped past Andy as he was talking to a lady at the front desk and bolted up the steps to Audio's room. Once I got there, I warned him about Andy.

"We've got to leave," he said, hysterically. He shot up out of bed, wincing. I grabbed him and supported him. "If he finds me I'll be dead this time."

I carefully removed the IV from his arm and helped him over to the elevator. Just as the elevator doors were closing, we saw Andy zoom past us and storm into Audio's room. "Audio!" we heard him scream. But thankfully he was too late.

Audio clenched his fists around my waist and began to weep. I ran my fingers through his hair, trying to sooth him. "You're safe now," I assured him.

We got into the car and drove straight to my house where Audio showered and changed into fresh clothes. While he was in the bathroom freshening up, I was talking to my mom about everything that had happened. "Why didn't you call the police?" she gasped after I finished telling her everything.

"Mom, it's complicated. It's over now and he just needs a place to stay."

"What's wrong with his house?"

"He lives with Andy" I shouted.

"You don't have to be such an uptight bitch all the time, Mom. Just let him stay," Kelly chimed in. I wanted to burst out into laughter, but I knew it wouldn't help my case. When my mom wasn't looking, I winked at Kelly to show her my approval.

"He's got two nights, but then after that he needs to have something else worked out," Mom said.