One Love

Audio

I didn’t know why I needed to be at the train station but I did know I didn’t want to see Blake at the moment. He just wouldn’t understand my feeling since he’s never shared a romantic interest in anyone in his whole life. At least not that I remember. I sat on a bench near the tracks and watched as train after train passed by. I didn’t belong here, I didn’t belong with Blake, and I didn’t belong out of Andy’s bedroom because I ruin everything and everyone. Even my own brother who was supposed to love me unconditionally said I didn’t belong in the world of the living. I must’ve sat there for ages because a guard walked over to me and looked at me.

“Excuse me sir, are you going to board a train?” I looked up at him forming my fakest smile and nodded.

“Oh my! Look at how late it has gotten, here comes my train now thank you.” I smiled one more time before slipping onto the train as the wheels came to screeching halt at the station. I didn’t even know where this train was going but I didn’t want to remain there and have him call the police. People rushed to get on and off the train but I decided to take a seat close to the door and watch everyone move about. It was amazing how fast the train actually filled up once it was time for its departure.
I looked over at the man next to me and without him noticing tried to spy on his ticket that he kept in his hand. The ticket had the name of my hometown on it so I figured this train must go to the station that is right next to my parent’s old home. As I thought about my parents I remembered an old photograph that was my last memory of my parents at Andy’s house. I knew what I was thinking was risky and dangerous but that photo meant more to me than my life ever could so I wanted it back.

The train stopped at my home town in less than an hour later and I got off looking around. I grew up here for many years so the walk to Andy’s was quick and effortless considering all the shortcuts I knew. As I got to Andy’s I didn’t feel like a scared child like I used to, no instead I felt stronger. I knew this had to end so we could all go on with our lives. I took a deep breath and walked into Andy’s apartment. The familiar smells drafted around me and I closed my eyes remembering all the loving times I shared with Andy.

“Au-Audio?” I heard a voice I didn’t recognize and I opened my eyes to see a guy between 19 and 22 tied up in the corner. When I looked at his face more closely I recognized him as the guy that was there when Blake saved me. I crossed the room quickly and started untying the ropes that held him.

“Audio, you have to leave. Andy has gone mad, Blake sent me here to beat him up but obviously the fight turned on me instead.” I looked over his body and saw wounds that mimicked the ones I’d gotten through my time with Andy.

“Just shut up, I know I’m endangering my life. I know I should leave but I’m not letting him treat others this way. I’ve taken this for years and trust me, it’s nothing I’m not used to. I don’t even know your name but I need you to trust me. You need to leave. Don’t call Blake please, this is something I have to handle alone.” I could see the conflict in his eyes but he eventually got up and started heading towards the front door.

“Travis, my name it’s Travis. Thank you Audio, and good luck for your sake and Blake’s.” I nodded and he left as quickly as he could before Andy returned. I walked into the closet and picked up my family photo, I sat on the bed as I waited for his return.

“Tsk, tsk Audio.” My body tensed up when I heard his voice inches behind my ear.