One Love

Blake

"Blake?" a hand waved in front of my face. "Blake!" I looked over at my sister, annoyed and gave her the death stare. "Dude," she laughed, "you were totally out of it."

I rolled my eyes and threw the television remote her way. "Turn on a fucking movie or something," I demanded.

"A movie?" she furrowed her brow. "Why aren't you with Audio tonight? Or one of you special friends?" she asked, raising her eyebrows and putting air quotes around 'special'.

"Quiet down, princess. Mom's right upstairs," I whispered violently.

"So, do you, like, get paid?" she whispered this time. I said nothing. Instead, I just stared straight ahead at the television and acted like she hadn't said anything. I wasn't in the mood for her games or chit chat. It was time for me to just watch a decent movie and clear my mind. I was too upset about my fight with Audio to go to Brad's, another friend, house, so I had cancelled on him earlier in the day. I knew that my concern about Audio wasn't out of line because he was my best friend, for crying out loud. But I did think that pressing too hard all at once was really selfish of me. Maybe I should call him, I thought. He's probably just upset about this as I am. But before I could act on my thoughts, my phone vibrated. It was a text from Tyler, the guy I had slept with a few days earlier.

Party at my place tonight. Alcohol provided, the text read.

I shot up from my seat and got my jacket before heading out the door. "Blake!" my sister yelled after me, but it was too late. I was already half way to my car and I zipped it out of the driveway in record time.

Upon arriving to Tyler's place, I was surrounded by several people as I was making my way to the front door, a few of them being people I had never even seen before. Or maybe I had, but I was too drunk to remember. It didn't matter in that point in time, however, because I was way too eager to get alcohol pumping through my veins. I pushed through the crowd and made my way into the kitchen where there was a variety of different alcoholic beverages. I blindly picked on and started chugging. I took another one in my other hand and walked away to mingle.

"Dude you made it!" a voice yelled behind me.

I turned around and saw Tyler putting an arm out to give me a one-armed hug. I returned it and opened the second beer. "I actually wanted to talk to you about something," he said, putting his arm around me again and leading me into the kitchen. By the time we made it through the kitchen door, I was just finishing the last drop of my second beer. I threw both bottles away and turned towards Tyler, who began talking to me, but I couldn't concentrate on anything he was saying. His lips moved and I heart a few syllables here and there, but all I could process through my mind at that moment was that I needed to have something more than just a buzz. I turned away from Tyler, not even thinking that he would probably still be in the middle of his sentence and took the liquor from its secret hiding place. Tyler followed me and kept talking while I poured myself a hefty glass of liquor, but I still had no idea what he was talking about. I took the glass in one hand and another beer, my third, in my other hand and began making my way to the couch in the living room.

"You should probably slow down there, Blake. You haven't even been here an hour yet," Tyler said as I walked past him, but I just kept walking.

Once I reached the couch, I sat down and began drinking my two beverages. After finishing the last sip of alcohol, I rest my head on the back of the couch, enjoying the feeling of being numb to all emotions even if it was just for a few hours. I tried to picture where Audio might be at, but I couldn't keep my thoughts straight. Everything was blurry and now the alcohol was really starting to hit my system. I closed my eyes as I tried to get used to the feeling. Just before I was about to pass out, a guy sat down beside me and took the glass from my hand.

"You want to go to my place?" he asked, smiling as he set the glass on the coffee table.