One Love

Blake

The next morning I woke up feeling like my head had been smashed into the ground several times. I opened my eyes and regretted it immediately. The light from the sun shining through the window made my head throb even worse. I looked around at my surroundings and groaned once I realized I wasn't at home. I didn't recognize it all, actually. A random one night stand. I sighed and rubbed my temples. I do not need this right now, I thought.

My random one night stand walked into the room as I was slipping on my boxers. I do not have good taste when I'm drunk, I noted. "Some dude keeps calling," he said, holding my phone up in the air.

"Just leave it," I groaned before laying back down in bed. He threw it on the end of the bed and walked out of the room. My phone started ringing again and I quickly became annoyed at whoever was blowing up my phone as I lay in bed trying to endure my hangover. I was about to grab my phone and put it on silent when it beeped telling me I had a voicemail. I furrowed my brow in confusion. None of my guys ever leave me voicemails. They just text me if I don't answer.

I looked at my missed calls and realized it was Audio. My stomach sank. I quickly called my voicemail and listened to his pained voice. My heart started beating faster and faster as I listened to his message. "Hey," I yelled to Mr. One Night Stand as I put the rest of my clothes on. "I need to use your car! My friend's in trouble."

"You can drive, but I'm going with you. That thing cost me a lot of money," he said, throwing me the keys.

I drove as fast as I could to the location Audio had mentioned in his voicemail. My adrenaline was pumping the entire time. Once we found him, Mr. One Night Stand and I both got out to get Audio. He looked to be in pretty bad shape. His shirt was soaked in blood. His hands covered his wound as if he were trying to apply pressure, but he was doing a poor job at it by now because he was about to pass out. Fighting back tears, I took action immediately in order to save my best friend's life. I pulled my shirt over my head and applied pressure to the wound. Mr. One Night Stand helped me lift Audio into the back seat of the car. He rode with Audio the rest of the way to the hospital, applying pressure and trying to keep Audio awake the entire time.

Once we arrived at the hospital, we took him inside the emergency room and nurses and doctors took over immediately. I held Audio's hand until they were ready to take him into surgery. "I'm so glad you called," I croaked, tears flooding my eyes.

Audio didn't respond vocally. He just gave me a smile and that's all I really needed. He was in a lot of pain; I could tell. Tears started to form in his eyes too, but I couldn't tell if it was due to the pain or some other emotion. "I'm sorry about what I said," he apologized.

"Shut up you fool," I smiled. "I should've approached it better, anyway." A nurse told me it was time for them to send Audio back, so I assured him I'd be back to check on him as soon as possible and then walked Mr. One Night Stand out to his car.

"You need a ride or anything?" he offered.

"No, but I could use one other favor," I said.

"Sure."

I reached into his glove box and took out a pen and napkin and scribbled a couple of lines. "Beat this guy's ass," I handed him Andy's address.