One Love

Audio

My head was spinning. The world around me blurred in and out while the voices of Blake and some unknown were strong in my thoughts. Blake sounded like he had been crying and I managed to hear snippets of what they were saying as I listened in to their conversation. I could only hear the words knife and kidney before I remembered what had happened. Andy had stabbed me because I cheated on him, I couldn’t say that it was all his fault because I deserved what he did. I cheated. I broke his heart and no matter how much he hurt me physically he never broke my heart.

“B-Blake.” It was only seconds before he was right beside my bed, holding my hand as I began to open my eyes, “How bad am I?” I looked up and saw a broken down Blake kneeling at my bedside.

“The doctor said you had a lot of internal bleeding because your kidneys were punctured. They said that if I had gotten there any later, you wouldn’t have survived surgery.” I smiled up at Blake softly through my haze and held his hand close.

“I really thought I was going to die and the first person on my mind was you Blake. I didn’t want to die with you thinking I hated you because of what you did. That just wouldn’t have been right.” I chuckled but winced in pain, “By the way, you look like shit.”

Blake chuckled softly and looked up at me, “I haven’t left your room in almost a week. Police were notified after I told the nurse it was Andy. He got away Audio, meaning your life could be in danger.” I felt a wave of relief wash over me when I heard that Andy had gotten away. I knew I shouldn’t love him still but god he was the only one I had.

Blake squeezed my hand and closed his eyes, “Blake, go home and get cleaned up. I’ll be okay for a couple hours don’t worry.”

“Okay, I’ll be back soon I promise.” I nodded and smiled as Blake walked out of the hospital room. My nurse walked into the room with a sweet smile on her face. She helped me sit up so she could change the dressing around where they did the surgery. She was an older middle aged woman whose smile held more than almost perfect teeth.

“Was that your boyfriend? If he wasn’t your boyfriend he probably should be. That boy never left your side.” I chuckled lightly.

“He’s not my boyfriend. The one that was supposed to be my lover did this to me.” I motioned to all the bruises and the stab wounds simply.

“I’m sorry dear, that boy deserves life in jail for hurting such a sweet young man.” I smiled blushing.

“Thank you ma’am.” She finished up her work quietly and left the room after helping me lay in a more comfortable position. I looked up at the ceiling and thought about what she said, Blake was the perfect guy for me really. He made me happy and I felt safe when he was near but he was a player who hated being tied down not to mention he was also my best friend of many years and if that changed because we didn’t work out I’m not quite sure what I would do. I sighed quietly and laid back in bed while looking at the ceiling. I guess we’ll see how things turn out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd love to see a few more comments so if you like it feel free to leave a message to us. It really makes our days :)