New Beginnings

New Home

The car-ride was unbearable. At some point, I fall asleep but not soon enough to hear my parents singing so many different Disney songs. They are in their 40's, singing Disney songs. It was terrible. Finally, my mother wakes me.

"Keira, we are almost to the house, you should wake up and look around town while we drive past." She pats my leg, her mouth smiling, her eyes sad. She already misses our old town. I groan slightly as I sit up, rubbing the sleep away from my eyes. The town we are now living in is called Morganstown. There isn't many people around in the streets, but there is a few kids hanging around the local market. There seems to be about 3 girls and just 2 boys. They are all laughing and obviously having a good time. One boy turns just as we pass and I lose my breath. His eyes are are dark brown, he's gorgeous, his dark mahogany hair spiked, his skin color a nice olive color, our windows are not tinted so he must see me staring. I try to pry my eyes from his eyes, then I see him smile, his white teeth shining. And then it's over, we have passed them, I am able to breathe again. Then I grin, he smiled at me. Me! The girl who is ordinary.

All too soon we are at the new house, it's a nice-sized house. Very well constructed. The outside color is a light blue, the window shutters white. It's a pretty modern home, better than our house back in Mooresville. We park in the graveled driveway, the U-Haul truck pulling in towards the front door.
"It's time for a new start, sweetheart." My dad says, getting out of the car to help the movers begin to unpack. I roll my eyes and go inside. It's a 2-story house and I already know that I am going to get an upstairs room. I walk leisurely around the house, the kitchen is huge, great for family dinners, even if there is only 3 of us. I head upstairs and start checking out the rooms. There's 3 rooms upstairs and I am determined to get the one furthest from my parents.

I walk into the first 2 rooms and they are beautiful, the beds king sized, the walls a gorgeous blue, like the exterior. But the third room is breath-taking, it's not the master bedroom but it could be. The walls a light brown, almost like my old room, and the bed is a king size, there is a t.v sitting on a dresser across the room from the bed. I look out the window and freeze, the view is incredible, the back of the house has its own pond, along with its own forest. I fall in love with this room but immediately feel bad because I should hate everything about this place. I move into the bathroom and sigh, in the mirror there is a small brown-haired girl with dark blue eyes, her skin just slightly paler than the boys' at the local market.

There comes a knock at my door and my dad pops his head in.
"Hey, Kay, it's time for us to go to your new school and get you signed up." He says with a small smile. I close my eyes for a moment and take a deep breath. I am living here now, I cannot hate everything about it or else I will be miserable. I let out my breath and go downstairs where my father is waiting for me, he ushers me out to the car as we wave goodbye to my mother. We drive the short way to the high school. The school has just started but I'll still be a little behind. The school is big, intimidating, and even though the school day is out, there are still kids milling around in the plaza. My dad and I get out of the car and start toward the office, where there is many papers that I need to sign. At the front desk, there is a young women, she looks to be in her late 20's, and she smiles brightly at us as we enter.

"Hello and welcome to Martins High School. I am Ms. Sanchez. How may I help you?" She is still smiling and I start to wonder if her cheeks hurt. My dad smiles back and starts talking to her about how we just moved and that I must start school as soon as possible. Ms. Sanchez hands my dad a lot of papers that need to be signed and then after we turn them in, I can start school. I smile politely at her as we leave, she gives me a little wave. Immediately, my dad tells me to start filling out the papers and I do, trying to push away the thoughts of Josie and my old home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter done! Yay! Please, please comment!