Scissors & Pens

Shots

Austin held onto Alaska's hand tightly as they entered the room at the party, it was located at Oliver's beautiful home. Bass was already booming, drinks were being poured, a few people were dancing in the living room near where the television had some video game playing.

"I need a shot," Alaska sighed looking up at Austin who chuckled at her.

"I bet you can't beat me at drinking," Austin grinned as he pulled her over to where the bar was located. "What do you like darling?"

"Bourbon," she gave him a soft smile, "I'll whoop your ass."

Austin poured three shots each and began to count down, as soon as he said go a shot had been pressed to each of their lips and downed. Alaska finished a second before he did, Austin shook his head and smiled as she poured another shot. After about three more shots Alaska felt the buzz overtake her body, she leaned into Austin as he led her over to the rest of Oliver's band to socialize with. In the midst of talking she tugged on Austin's sleeve.

"Where's the bathroom?" she whispered as he leaned down to hear her. Austin pointed her down the hall to the right, she swayed a little promising Austin she could make it to the bathroom on her own. Her red hair bobbed as she made her way between people trying to get to the restroom that seemed miles away from where she stood.

Approaching a while door she knocked a few times to see if the bathroom was occupied. No answer. As she twisted the door to open it she found Oliver leaning over the toilet, a closer look showed her he wasn't sick. Oliver was snorting a powder off the back of the toilet. Immediately she backed up and closed the door hoping he didn't notice. If it was cocaine it wasn't a big deal to her, she had seen tons of people snort it at parties, this wouldn't be her first experience around it. Pills could have been the substance, she knew that, she snorted her fair share of pills back in the day. Not that big of a deal to her either, however, she wasn't sure if it would be a big deal to Oliver. She wasn't a snitch. She wouldn't say anything to rat him out to anyone of importance like his manager. Tapping her foot, knowing she really had to pee, she knocked on the door again.

"Hold on!" Oliver shouted, moments later he opened the door. "What?" He didn't seem mad, he probably couldn't hear her over the music anyways.

"I have to pee and this is the only bathroom I know of," Alaska laughed bouncing a little bit signalling she really had to go. Oliver motioned her in as he left. Quickly she locked the door so she could relieve herself.

As she left she noticed the two girls from the photo shoot waiting to go, they greeted each other, hugging like girls do before Alaska bounced off to be with her almost boyfriend. She looked around for Austin not knowing where he had gone off to. She felt like she had waited five minutes to pee, he could be anywhere in the massive house.

As she wandered into the kitchen she had been stopped by multiple people to be complimented on her makeup and hair, along with her skills. News traveled fast in this group of people, she almost felt as famous as the musicians around her. She didn't get starstruck like a lot of people would in the same situation.

Austin was pouring two drinks, he stood by one of his band members, Alan. A girl stood beside Alan, his arm around her waist. They were a cute couple. The girl had short brunette hair in an a-line bob and simple makeup. Alaska approached Austin tapping him on the shoulder.

"I thought you ran away," Austin pouted, "I thought I was going to have to look for a new girlfriend."

Girlfriend? She got called his girlfriend? Alaska didn't know how adult dating worked, she assumed you had to be asked to be someones girlfriend.

"The bathroom was being hogged for like ever," She sighed with a pitiful frown. "I suppose you missed me."

"I did baby girl," Austin flashed his killer smile before leaning over to plant a kiss on her.

"He almost wrote a new hit single about you," Alan smirked, "she went to the bathroom and never came back, almost gave me a heart attack."

"If you're going to write a song about me it needs to be hard with like a death metal breakdown every five seconds and lyrics that sound like John Lennon wrote them," Alaska batted her lashes at Austin and flipped her hair over her shoulder.

"Okay Austin, you did good with her. I like her," Alan pointed at Alaska, his girlfriend nodded in response. Austin handed her the drink, taking a sip Alaska realized it was a cranberry and vodka, one of her favorites. She smiled taking a big sip.

"This is one of my favorite songs," Alaska blurted, the music had changed from some dubstep music to a rap song. She didn't remember who it was by, she just remembered she loved it. "Dance with me?"

Alaska pulled Austin over to the makeshift dance area in the living room where more people were dancing. The crowd had tripled since the music changed, girls were grinding against guys and each other. Austin left his drink in the kitchen so he would be able to put his hands on her waist as she pressed against him shifting her hips back and forth. Alaska had a drink in one hand and soon passed to her was a joint, she was fully enjoying herself dancing with her new man and singing along to the music with him and the crowd. Now she had been passed a joint, multiple people on the floor had them.

"Best party ever," Alaska's voice slightly slurred, she took a long hit and exhaled. Going in for another hit she held most of the smoke in her mouth. She reached up for Austin's neck and gently pulled him towards her, she kissed him letting the smoke roll out of her mouth into his. Austin immediately choked before nodding for her to do it again, she could tell he was beginning to feel it. It was potent smoke. Austin pushed her hair back leaving kisses along it softly.

"One more baby," he whispered seductively as she took another hit for herself.

"You try," she smirked passing it to him, "hold it in for eight seconds.

Alaska turned to be chest to chest with him, except for the height difference. Austin copied her hand pose, putting it to his lips he began to toke on it. She could tell Austin was enjoying himself as they got lost in the music together.

The music switched over to dubstep which let them take a break after the long period of rap, Austin led her to the kitchen to make her another drink. She opted for another shot of Bourbon, he followed. Looking up Alaska saw Oliver across the room drinking straight from the bottle. The memory of earlier flooded her mind, he looked to be enjoying himself so she didn't mind. She leaned in closer to Austin, wrapping her arms around him.

"I like you a lot, Austin," she giggled taking the shot he had just poured.

"I like you a lot too, Alaska," Austin kissed her, a long passionate kiss in front of everyone. Their kiss was slightly sloppy from being drunk, but other people were doing it too so it didn't matter. When she looked up Oliver was watching them with a look or jealousy glaring in his dark eyes.