Scissors & Pens

Phone Calls From Home

Alaska woke up to an empty bed, quickly she panicked. The scent of fresh coffee filled the room. Surely Austin wouldn't have left. Looking at the clock it read 9 am. Austin walked out of the bathroom with two cups of coffee in his hands, his shorts hanging low on his hips.

"Good morning beautiful," Austin smiled, his soft hair in a mess.

"Good morning handsome," Alaska returned the smile as she grabbed a cigarette off the night stand. She lit it and as soon as Austin handed her the coffee her telephone rang. As she scrambled to grab it, she got a cold rush of air from the air conditioner over her naked body. She quickly grabbed the tank top Austin had taken off of her last night and put it back on. Grabbing her phone the caller ID read it was her mother. "It's my mom, one second sweetheart."

Sliding across her phone screen she answered the call, "hey mom!"

She put it on speaker so she could smoke and sip her coffee, "I'm here with Austin, remember the guy I had the posters of when I was in high school?"

"Yes dear!" Her mother chirped happily, "I saw on your photo thing you like to post on, the gram?"

"Yes mom, Instagram," Alaska laughed, "you're on speaker, Austin keeps poking me so he can speak hold on."

"Hello Alaska's mom!" Austin laughed, "I just want to let you know that you have an amazing daughter."

"She's my pride and joy, she's absolutely amazing," Alaska's mom's voice became shaky, "she's the best thing to ever happen to me."

"Mama, don't cry," Alaska's voice shook too, her mother was very close to her, "you'll make me cry and my mascara is already smeared."

Austin listened as they talked, he missed his mother, but it made him happy to listen to Alaska and her mother. He was happy for her to have her mom. A smile stayed on his face as he sipped coffee and had an arm around Alaska.

"So," Alaska's mom pressed just like a high school girl when asking their best friend about a date, "did you have sex with him?"

"Mom!" Alaska scolded, "he's right hear and on speaker!"

Austin's eyes grew wide and he laughed, "Yes, we did. It was amazing. I've never had sex that great!"

"Austin!" Alaska scolded him, "you two are terrible!"

"I'm jealous," Alaska's mom sighed, "John had to work late, so I was stuck drinking wine alone. When he came home he was too tired to have sex."

"Great, a conversation about having sex with Austin and about your lack of sex," Alaska laughed, "Austin probably thinks we're crazy. Then again he just told you how it felt to be inside me."

"Well," Alaska's mom started, "it just proves he'll fit right in with the family."

Austin's eyes lit up, those words meant a lot to him. He wanted to be a part of Alaska's family, he felt so strongly for her already. He needed that acceptance to know this was right.

"Austin is smiling like a little boy," Alaska teased, "welcome to the family."

"Speaking of family," Alaska's mom sighed, "your dad is having a fourth of July celebration and wants us all to come, even John."

"That's big of him," Alaska spoke shocked, "I'm flying in to Colorado on the second anyways, I was gonna stay with dad."

"Well then you'll already be there, and you know your father so bring your smoking lungs!" Alaska's parents didn't seem to get along after the divorce, but recently they began to become friends again, it still shocked Alaska.

Austin looked down at the comforter, he wasn't sure if he was invited and he didn't want to impose.

"Also, I sent your father a picture of you and Austin, he wants him to be there too," Alaska's mom began, "probably to scope him out like he usually does when you get a boyfriend, but I also want to hang out with this Austin."

"Baby, will you come with me?" Alaska asked with a cute little smile.

"Of course, I love food," Austin chuckled.

They talked for about an hour before her mother had to go and leave for work. Austin liked her family. Alaska turned over and snuggled into Austin's side.

"I'm happy," she whispered as Austin pulled her closer. "So happy."

"Me too," Austin murmured. "You make me feel, so...different."

Alaska raised an eyebrow at him.

"I just feel filled with joy, like when I meet fans, but so much more intense. I could stare at you for hours on end and never get bored. Being in the same room as you I just feel, happy. It's amazing. I didn't think I'd ever feel like this about another person."

After a while they decided to take a shower, and to save water do it together. Alaska didn't like to be seen without makeup, she had some scarring on her face and always felt she looked sick and ugly.

Austin let her into the stream of hot water first, she put her hair up in a bun so it wouldn't get wet. Austin stepped in after her, wrapping his arms around her he leaned over to kiss her. He grabbed his blue mesh bath sponge, loading it with his shower gel that smelled like heaven and sexy man to Alaska, he began to gently wash her chest and stomach as he kissed her forehead softly. This was something new to her and she liked it. Austin turned her around to wash her back, the hot water hitting her skin made her feel even better, she loved the feeling of hot water on her skin. They switched turns and Alaska began to wash him.

"Handsome," she spoke softly admiring his body, all of his tattoos, scars, dips and curves to his body.

"Beautiful," Austin smiled tilting her head up before planting a delicate kiss on her lips. "All done up or naked and without makeup."

Alaska remembered she had another shoot with Oliver at Drop Dead, Austin went with her to her hotel room. He admired her as he watched her get ready. He saw the true beauty inside of her despite whatever vices she had. He continuously complimented her as she got ready, Alaska took in every second of it, she felt good. Austin even asked questions about why she used certain products where, he was actually interested in what she had to say.

As they entered the shoot there were three models arriving for her, she was already half an hour early. Talking to Oliver were two girls Tasha and Amber, they had a model each to themselves. Oliver had given them another chance, mainly because someone asked him to help give them experience.

Alaska's phone made a noise, she had been tagged in a picture by Austin. It was one of her sleeping on his chest from this morning, a caption followed, "I wish she didn't have to work so she could be here with me. This is happiness."

She smiled to herself and began to set up her products on one of the makeup tables. Tasha walked over to Alaska, keeping up with her new look.

"Heard you had fun last night," she winked, "go you!"

"It was a wonderful night," Alaska smiled setting up her airbrush machine, "I'm so happy."

"I wish my boyfriend made me happy," Tasha pouted, "he's a jerk. There's also this sweet guy that likes me, but I've been with James for six months."

"Babe," Alaska started, "if you're not happy, go with the new guy. Spend time with people that make you happy."

"Amber is super happy," Tasha rolled her eyes, "she's sleeping with some musician, but he has a girlfriend. Well, they only hooked up once last night. She wouldn't tell me who."

Alaska began to wonder as Tasha kept talking. She began jumping to the conclusion that it was Oliver, because he seemed to be sketchy.

"Well, I mean, just let her have her fun," Alaska sighed, "if she's happy let her be happy, as for you, you need to be with someone who makes you happy."

"Thanks Alaska, I think I know what I should do now. Also, I can't wait to work along side of you again today!"

The shoot went well again, Oliver didn't seem to bother with her until the last model was prepped for photos.

"You and Austin had some fun last night," Oliver nudged her, "I did too with this somewhat hot chick."

"You mean your future wife? Because she's gorgeous," Alaska raised a brow as she cleaned some of her brushes.

"Nah she's out of town," Oliver chuckled, her suspicions confirmed, however, she couldn't tell Hannah.

"Glad you had fun," Alaska nodded, she didn't like the type of person he seemed to be.

"Austin was bragging how tight your pussy was to me earlier," Oliver chuckled, "said you were the best girl he's ever been with."

That didn't make her upset, it was nice he bragged, she actually enjoyed it. With Oliver talking about it, it seemed to make her feel uneasy though she wouldn't show it.

"Well it was the best I've had," Alaska let out a smile, Oliver looked her over checking her out.

"Wish I could get a piece," he bit his lip before slapping her ass.

"In your dreams," Alaska rolled her eyes, going back to cleaning and packing her stuff. She didn't like that Oliver touched her.

"Believe me, I was pretending that slut was you," Oliver hissed.

"Stop," Alaska stated flatly.

"I'm just kidding, babe." Oliver held his hands up knowing he was in trouble.

"Okay," Alaska sighed, inside she knew better.

Oliver dug into his pocket to retrieve his wallet, he pulled out a wad of cash, American money.

"Here's the eight hundred for your hard work, and here's something else since I know you like to party," Oliver handed her the cash, he paid well probably trying to buy her acceptance and a small baggy with four pills in it. Looking closer she knew what they were, pain pills.

"Thanks Oli," Alaska smiled sweetly, grabbing her water she took a sip and popped two of the high power pain killers. "I see you're buying my acceptance."

"Kinda, I've been a jerk because Hannah is gone and I need to bust a nut," he shrugged. Alaska turned away and rolled her eyes.

"Well be nice and I won't be a bitch," Alaska sighed as she finished locking up her train case. "I'll be back for the next shoot."

Alaska left with an uneasy feeling, should she tell Austin what happened or should she keep it to herself?