Status: #062 | Y

Lost in Stereo

1/1

There she was, dancing away. Her long blond hair was whipping back and forth as she moved to the beat of the music. I'd been watching her for an hour, sounds creepy I know, but I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I had noticed her several times now. She seemed to show up almost every night, completely alone.

Her face, her dancing, the way she moved, it all had become familiar to me. I had yet to even speak to her. The thought of it made me get weak in the knees and butterflies would start fluttering in my stomach.

Tonight was a new night though, and I was determined to speak to her. I moved my way to the crowd until I was behind her. My breath hitched in my throat but I kept moving to the beat, refusing to back down. She turned to face me and it took all my will to keep my heart from exploding in my chest.

She gave me a wicked grin and started dancing with me. I didn't miss a beat; I instantly took lead of the situation. I don't know how long we danced but it made me feel like I was sixteen again with no worries in the world.

Eventually the club was closing and our dancing had to come to an end. "Can I get your number?" I managed to choke out.

"Nope." She giggled. "I know you'll find me again."

She was right. Though it was several day later, there she was. Moving on the dance floor like she hadn't missed a day. I made my way towards her again her and it was like she knew I was coming. She turned and made eye contact with me and smiled.

It continued like that for awhile. She'd randomly show up and I would be waiting. I always got that same feeling in my stomach. The dancing always made me feel alive and young. It was nice but I knew it wasn't going to last forever, but she refused to give up her number.

I was right. Eventually, she stopped showing up. I didn't see her around anymore. I wonder if maybe she moved on to a different club with a different guy. If so, I hoped she made him feel the way she had made me.

It was also time for me to depart. The guys and I were finally starting Warped Tour and we were leaving for California. "Hey Alex!" I was greeted by my best friend, Jack, as I climbed onto the tour bus.

"Hey, Jack. Where's the other guys?"

"In the sitting area."

"Okay. I have a song to show everyone."

"Yay! New songs are my favorite."

I played Lost in Stereo for the rest of the guys but I didn't elaborate the story behind it to them. They all loved it and decided that we were going to play it at the show. So I gave them the cords to the song and they practiced.

We were finally playing in front of the crowd, one of my favorite things to do but also scared the shit out of me. "Hey guys! New song for all of you! I call it Lost in Stereo!" I started singing and the crowd danced to the music.

Then I saw her. There she was amongst the really large crowd.
I almost stopped dead in my tracks. We made eye contact and she smiled and waved at me.

I was determined not to lose her so I jumped off the stage and right into the crowd, not taking the time to think about the consequences. She started to disappear but I managed to catch up to her and I grabbed her wrist. "Where have you been?" I managed to huff out.

"Everywhere and nowhere."

"Why did you leave?"

"Because, Alex, it what I'm good at. It's what I do. I knew who you were when I saw you and I knew there was no way I was gonna stay around. I couldn't break a celebrity. So, I let you be happy. You have to let me go now." She kissed me on the cheek and removed my hand from her wrist. Then she walked away, leaving me standing there. Suddenly the crowd was closing around me and I had to get out of there.

I never saw that girl again, I never even knew her name. I'll never forget how young she made me feel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so.. Thoughts?